No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have your own table at home, it seems to be a good way to practice your stroke

Let the guy earn a crust ok its a simple idea but so are cat's eyes and he made a fortune.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      I think anybody who spends £15 on a piece of card with a hole in it needs help. I understand the concept but it seems a bit farfetched to say the least.
      its actually perspex and photo card. why farfetched, have you ever tried these exersises?

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        good question tel, but no your looking at the hole the same way you look at the baulk line as you get down an cue straight along it, looking through the whole cue action.
        as for teaching players to look at the cue ball on delivery whan actually playing, im doing no such thing.. these exercises have a long and succesful history.
        as for not looking at tuca on delivery, this was something i was going to talk about later. but now you mention it, i will load a video on cueing thread later
        I actually place a pool ball (because i have my own pro cups) behind it so that it is the same as on the table

Comment

Originally Posted by wootton05 View Post
          I actually place a pool ball (because i have my own pro cups) behind it so that it is the same as on the table
          This has to be a wind up surely

Comment

To put a cue through a small hole outside a table situation is a well known and widely accepted exercise in cue sports training. You are just simply ignorant not to know basic stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              To put a cue through a small hole outside a table situation is a well known and widely accepted exercise in cue sports training. You are just simply ignorant not to know basic stuff.
              Another quality post by your good self there sealer, keep em up I'll start getting used to your replies.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Another quality post by your good self there sealer, keep em up I'll start getting used to your replies.
                if you read it again leo, i dont think sealer was being rude to you just pointing out the facts

Last edited by j6uk; 17 November 2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I'm still lost as to what TUCA stands for : Training & Utilising Cue Action --- at a guess ???

Comment

I think it's Training Ultimate Cue Action

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      I think it's Training Ultimate Cue Action
                      Good call that jonny, once that is verified I will be happy - its bugging me haha

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        And to think, Jason offered me one of these for free but never sent one to me (I would have paid for postage even).

Jason...one question from me. Do you expressly say the user of the TUCA should actually be looking over the TUCA? It appears to me you are teaching people to cue straight however you are also teaching them to look at the cueball during delivery. I don't think that's such a wise idea but I wonder how many players can deliver the cue through the hole with 4-5in of follow-through and not touch the sides WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE TUCA.
                        Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        good question tel, but no your looking at the hole the same way you look at the baulk line as you get down an cue straight along it, looking through the whole cue action.
                        as for teaching players to look at the cue ball on delivery when actually playing, im doing no such thing.. these exercises have a long and succesful history.
                        not looking at tuca on delivery is was something i was going to talk about a bite later. but now you mention it, i will load a video on cueing thread later
                        not had much time with tuca recently and not much room in here to film but i managed ti get the shot an hit the hole a few times...
                        oh an instead of looking for an objet to look at i just did it with my eyes closed

Comment

It's not ignorance...I know the method is there but choose not to use it.

I'm just saying the method wouldn't work for me, wouldn't have the patience for it. But put me on a table where I can practice straight cueing in real life scenarios and I have the patience of a saint. I very much doubt that the majority of players who use this TUCA training go in with the same cue action in a matchplay scenario.

That doesn't mean I don't think it works I'm sure for some people it will do!
                          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

tuca keeps the oil in the elbow and that straight cue action topped up, in the time it takes to boil a kettle

Last edited by j6uk; 18 November 2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I'm saving my money and using a beer bottle....after emptying it's contents and removing the label I can use it for smoothing out any dents and then some cueing practice!

Need to change the height?.... Plasticine underneath the end!

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                                I'm saving my money and using a beer bottle....after emptying it's contents and removing the label I can use it for smoothing out any dents and then some cueing practice!

Need to change the height?.... Plasticine underneath the end!
                                yeah remember the bottles, be lucky to find a top hole smaller than 20mm though.. but its okay for the begginer with a 13mm pool stick

Comment

Working...
                                X