No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J6 I was practicing the other day with the tuca. I found at the final stroke, my cue will move up about less than half a tip. Now i am aiming slightly lower. I could do it much easier. But how do i correct it? Or is it normal?

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
      J6 I was practicing the other day with the tuca. I found at the final stroke, my cue will move up about less than half a tip. Now i am aiming slightly lower. I could do it much easier. But how do i correct it? Or is it normal?
      Aim for the centre of the hole, then do your cue action really slowly at first, and get used to delivering the cue exactly where you're aiming. Bring the cue back really slowly, then delivery it all the way through the hole, very slowly. Get used to that feeling.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Its akin to gentle love making

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
          what's love making ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            what's love making ?
            Haha, thats all for another thread on another forum

Comment

Haha, thats all for another thread on another forum
              What forums are you subscribed to mikey? Care to share ....lol

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                What forums are you subscribed to mikey? Care to share ....lol
                Lmaooo, I best not say, don't want to risk a ban my friend

Comment

Brilliant. Haha!
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Now we wouldn't want that, say no more ������
                    Last edited by alabadi; 15 December 2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      Brilliant. Haha!
                      Must be just my filthy mind, though I'm sure we've all thought it.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                        Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        Aim for the centre of the hole, then do your cue action really slowly at first, and get used to delivering the cue exactly where you're aiming. Bring the cue back really slowly, then delivery it all the way through the hole, very slowly. Get used to that feeling.
                        hi tofu, are you using the proam15 or have you changed to the pro12?
                        as ted says start slow, and i mean real solw all the way through the shot. from the moment you start to drop down to tuca just be aware of your whole setup before youstart moving the cue and make sure your cue is at the center of the hole. if not stand back up and reset..
                        i will load a more indepth training video a bit later..

Comment

Still on the 15mm as I am still not doing it perfectly. Sometimes I still catch the side of the hole. Just to add I got this glove online that straighten up my wrist and prevent it from twisting. It helps together with the tuca.

Comment

training in the kitchen with the ultimate cue-action. demonstrating a light straight cue with no tention, pushing through the floor, lightly holding the cue and cueing from the elbow

same thing from a behind profile view, so as show my own approach and setup.
                            in both clips im using the freestand tuca low-white

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              training in the kitchen with the ultimate cue-action. demonstrating a light straight cue with no tention, pushing through the floor, lightly holding the cue and cueing from the elbow

same thing from a behind profile view, so as show my own approach and setup.
                              in both clips im using the freestand tuca low-white
                              Great video of how the grip works there J6, it took me three years to figure out to make sure I had the same finish position every shot and just how light it has to be all the way through, you think you have it light until it clicks properly and it lets you stay stiller, stops the tension build up and gets you through the cue ball, that's on a good day.On my bad days I'm too quick coming forward and the back of my hand just won't open properly because of tension( especially with pace, when it's more important not to do it) and my timing goes all to pot as I pull the cue up into my chest and I move around, but it's to be expected at my level I suppose , frustrating though as you know yesterday you had it cracked but today you just can't get it together.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Great video of how the grip works there J6, it took me three years to figure out to make sure I had the same finish position every shot and just how light it has to be all the way through, you think you have it light until it clicks properly and it lets you stay stiller, stops the tension build up and gets you through the cue ball, that's on a good day.On my bad days I'm too quick coming forward and the back of my hand just won't open properly because of tension( especially with pace, when it's more important not to do it) and my timing goes all to pot as I pull the cue up into my chest and I move around, but it's to be expected at my level I suppose , frustrating though as you know yesterday you had it cracked but today you just can't get it together.
                                next time you watch the top players look how they treat their cues. from when their playing, walking around, chalking, sitting down, they always handle it lightly, like their barely touching it. this for me is still technique. you cue like you hold/treat your cue
                                btw your cards are on there way..

Comment

Working...
                                X