J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    yeah remember the bottles, be lucky to find a top hole smaller than 20mm though.. but its okay for the begginer with a 13mm pool stick
    Stick some thick tape on the end of it and just drill the required hole.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Stick some thick tape on the end of it and just drill the required hole.
      Got friends that drilled through an old cue ball. Works a treat.
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        Got friends that drilled through an old cue ball. Works a treat.
        Maybe drill a small hole through a cue ball, hang it on a string, and then suspend it on a stand with a sponge behind to absorb the momentum of the cue ball?Or a baize covered tile, mounted in a sponge lined cat litter tray?

Or just go and practice on a proper table?

Comment

but if youve put the kettle on, why not just flick your tuca open, get your head down and do twenty strokes before it clicks.. work smart

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            yeah remember the bottles, be lucky to find a top hole smaller than 20mm though.. but its okay for the begginer with a 13mm pool stick
            I'm using a Blue Moon bottle and it has a 20mm opening I can glue a washer to the top to make it smaller... you can't get dints out of your cue with a tuca!! bwt my cue is a MW with 10mm tip and I'm not a beginner as I probably started playing snooker before you were born...

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
              I'm using a Blue Moon bottle and it has a 20mm opening I can glue a washer to the top to make it smaller...
              cool man
              you can't get dints out of your cue with a tuca!!
              what is dints??
              bwt my cue is a MW with 10mm tip and I'm not a beginner as I probably started playing snooker before you were born...
              okay more power to you, well im 45 been paying since i was 11. i use a 12mm racker i converted to play pool, a sneeky pete , a nice cue. i use that with tuca too an it works a treat

Comment

I'm 61 been playing since I was 16

dint
                dint/Submit
                noun
                an impression or hollow in a surface.

Good luck and good fortune with your tuca :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                  I'm 61 been playing since I was 16

dint
                  dint/Submit
                  noun
                  an impression or hollow in a surface.

Good luck and good fortune with your tuca :-)
                  yes you wont get a dent in your cue if thats what you mean..
                  anyway, no furtune made here . i make every tuca that goes out for less than minimum wage. an i do it cus it works and its helped me so much with knowing how i cue.
                  simply smart training

-
                  Last edited by j6uk; 20 November 2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Good luck with the TUCA. But during matchplay pressure its very different. Dealing very well with pressure can mean being a pro or not. Theres only one way to bed in the aiming, sighting and solid technique debate, and thats hours on a table.

TUCA for a brand new beginner is a good idea, so he or she knows the importance of sound cueing..

Hope your all well guys. Have not posted for ages..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      Good luck with the TUCA. But during matchplay pressure its very different. Dealing very well with pressure can mean being a pro or not. Theres only one way to bed in the aiming, sighting and solid technique debate, and thats hours on a table.
                      ique?
                      TUCA for a brand new beginner is a good idea, so he or she knows the importance of sound cueing..
                      everyone has to deal with pressure thats the nature of being copetitive, whats that got to do with technique? and in snooker why woudnt working with tuca build an maintain a sold technique?
                      cueing through a hole would scare someone just starting off, bigginers just wanna pot and string a few balls togther. tuca is really for players who can play a bit, someone whos already making 20-30s
                      if its good enough for the pro its good enough for you

-
                      Last edited by j6uk; 22 November 2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post

Hope your all well guys. Have not posted for ages..
                        Even the best players in the world sumtimes needs to go back to the basis to warm up a bit, imo !!
                        Btw , welcome back .

Comment

Okay. Points taken re pro's polishing up on there cueing, I am rusty after my break.

I played 4 hours a few days back after a long spell out. Only managed 30 and 40's in the last part of the session, I was amazed how poor I was. Things I noticed about myself - Grip too tight and hitting the shots too hard.

Must get back on it..
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

The pressure of competitive play will show itself with some variance of technique, usually gripping the cue too tight or too quick and not straight backswing. The more you cement in a good straight cue delivery the less you'll be bothered with pressure problems in a match.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              The pressure of competitive play will show itself with some variance of technique, usually gripping the cue too tight or too quick and not straight backswing. The more you cement in a good straight cue delivery the less you'll be bothered with pressure problems in a match.
                              That is what I was stating. Pressure can create a lot of movement on the shot too, which is not the done thing.

As we keep on saying,, there is no substitution for hours on a actual table. You have to be in the environment...
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

https://youtu.be/4s0F7AP_eZ0?t=6m4s,
                                technique is everything in this game.
                                having a solid cue action is your body armor going into battle..
                                work smarter not harder

Comment

Working...
                                X