getting through the ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
    "experiment and design" lol you mean reduce end mass as per Predators Iron Willy experimental findings.
    I should have said Scientific Theory
    http://www.livescience.com/21491-wha...of-theory.html
    Are you saying MW copied Predator?

Comment

• getting through the ball

This is a snooker forum Professor Barry.

I am a much better snooker player than you.

Much Better... probably about 100 times better than you at this game.

so... no matter what you say or how clever you word your constant rhetoric...

I win the debate. Simple as that really x

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        This is a snooker forum Professor Barry.

I am a much better snooker player than you.

Much Better... probably about 100 times better than you at this game.

so... no matter what you say or how clever you word your constant rhetoric...

I win the debate. Simple as that really x
        If you're 100 time better you'd better go to Q school then...

You may have a table paid for by dad, but you ain't that good. You ain't as good as three friends who've been pros and couldn't make it. You ain't a pro at all, so you ain't that good. That's the difference, I can tell I'm just average in the grand scheme of things, tons mean nowt compared to what's really good, what's very good, what's excellent and what's outright genius. Good is pro upwards btw.
        Last edited by barrywhite; 26 January 2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          Are u saying if sumone ( who's strong just like a body builder ) and he has never pick up a cue in his life ,, pick up a 21 OZ cue an hit the CB just right under the center. Can make a scrwback shot ???? and the CB rolls back to his drction ???
          Is this your theory ?
          Speed/Mass Point/angle of contact is all that matters, if the Hulk can produce the same cue speed and hit the same spot on the CB with the same weight cue as Judd he will get the same result.

Comment

Why? I earn more money than most snooker pros and my career doesn't have a shelf life.

Work smart... Not hard

p.s better at snooker than you. fact x

Comment

If they couldnt make it, then how are they pros?

oxymoron

Comment

• Pottr don't lower yourself to that level bud..

Comment

• Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with some of what Barry****e has posted! Go on Bazza!

Comment

I'm good, Cally... Bored tonight so I figured I'd cross the troll's bridge

Comment

• Driving the cue through is made easier with a good technique which is why players like Stephen Lee stand out for being able to get almost unbelievable reactions from the cue ball. It's not a case of just hitting the cue ball as hard as you can on the outer edges to get forward/backspin and this is why some people who don't play struggle to get the cue ball to screw back. For them to play with extreme spin to try to go the length of the table would be out the question and mostly because they are too scared to cue on the outerside of the cueball as they will probably miscue. I spent a long time working on my cueing so I could strike more confidently and get more control over the cue ball. The way you follow through your shot makes a big difference and it's important to cue straight. I sometimes cue along the baulk line with an imaginary cue ball and see if the cue moves left or right of the line when I follow through. It can help identify if a wobble is creeping in or my grip needs working on.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
                        Speed/Mass Point/angle of contact is all that matters, if the Hulk can produce the same cue speed and hit the same spot on the CB with the same weight cue as Judd he will get the same result.
                        I wish it was that easy .
                        btw , Judd T , does'nt hit the CB . He strikes the CB .
                        anyway, thx for replay .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          Are u saying if sumone ( who's strong just like a body builder ) and he has never pick up a cue in his life ,, pick up a 21 OZ cue an hit the CB just right under the center. Can make a scrwback shot ???? and the CB rolls back to his drction ???
                          Is this your theory ?
                          I'd like 9-ball pockets to answer this question as well. Because if his theory of hitting the ball in the right spot with maximum force holds, then the lumberjack should be able to screw the ball further than Trump. Well 9-ball?

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            Driving the cue through is made easier with a good technique which is why players like Stephen Lee stand out for being able to get almost unbelievable reactions from the cue ball. It's not a case of just hitting the cue ball as hard as you can on the outer edges to get forward/backspin and this is why some people who don't play struggle to get the cue ball to screw back. For them to play with extreme spin to try to go the length of the table would be out the question and mostly because they are too scared to cue on the outerside of the cueball as they will probably miscue. I spent a long time working on my cueing so I could strike more confidently and get more control over the cue ball. The way you follow through your shot makes a big difference and it's important to cue straight. I sometimes cue along the baulk line with an imaginary cue ball and see if the cue moves left or right of the line when I follow through. It can help identify if a wobble is creeping in or my grip needs working on.
                            And the reason for this is.....if you try to decel part way through the stroke you tense the muscles lose control and cue speed usually resulting in pulling the cue off line, any tension in the grip/wrist will cause the tip to rise.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                              Driving the cue through is made easier with a good technique which is why players like Stephen Lee stand out for being able to get almost unbelievable reactions from the cue ball. It's not a case of just hitting the cue ball as hard as you can on the outer edges to get forward/backspin and this is why some people who don't play struggle to get the cue ball to screw back. For them to play with extreme spin to try to go the length of the table would be out the question and mostly because they are too scared to cue on the outerside of the cueball as they will probably miscue. I spent a long time working on my cueing so I could strike more confidently and get more control over the cue ball. The way you follow through your shot makes a big difference and it's important to cue straight. I sometimes cue along the baulk line with an imaginary cue ball and see if the cue moves left or right of the line when I follow through. It can help identify if a wobble is creeping in or my grip needs working on.
                              Sense!

That's because if you whack the bottom of the ball with lots of force but don't go through it, as we see on a lot of pool tables but also with wood pushers in snooker, you see players almost stun the ball instead. It's not because they have hit the ball than with less force than Judd or not hit it in the right place, they just haven't delivered the force in the optimal way to impart spin. Every coach on the planet coaches players to hit through the ball. This is stop them pumping the ball; as kermit and his pool friends do.

Comment

• Do you have to add insults to every post?

Really? Sort yourself out you child.

Comment

Working...
                                X