getting through the ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    I'd like 9-ball pockets to answer this question as well. Because if his theory of hitting the ball in the right spot with maximum force holds, then the lumberjack should be able to screw the ball further than Trump. Well 9-ball?
    I already did but for those at the back of the class please read back over the last page, btw strength has little to do with generating cue speed.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
      And the reason for this is.....if you try to decel part way through the stroke you tense the muscles lose control and cue speed usually resulting in pulling the cue off line, any tension in the grip/wrist will cause the tip to rise.
      You do tense the muscles slightly. So what? If you decelerate really well, on the shot line and efficiently, you have a great weapon in your armour for some shots that come up. Ask four times world champion John Higgins if you ever get on a plane and go to snooker land. Do you think he'd rather run 12" past where he wants and end of break or decelerate, get perfect position and clear the table?
      Last edited by barrywhite; 26 January 2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        Driving the cue through is made easier with a good technique which is why players like Stephen Lee stand out for being able to get almost unbelievable reactions from the cue ball. It's not a case of just hitting the cue ball as hard as you can on the outer edges to get forward/backspin and this is why some people who don't play struggle to get the cue ball to screw back. For them to play with extreme spin to try to go the length of the table would be out the question and mostly because they are too scared to cue on the outerside of the cueball as they will probably miscue. I spent a long time working on my cueing so I could strike more confidently and get more control over the cue ball. The way you follow through your shot makes a big difference and it's important to cue straight. I sometimes cue along the baulk line with an imaginary cue ball and see if the cue moves left or right of the line when I follow through. It can help identify if a wobble is creeping in or my grip needs working on.
        Rotty if you play the same shot as best you can twice, you will expect the same result won't you, but play it at different speeds, or with a smaller / bigger tip, lighter / heavier cue, you will get different results won't you, that's all that's being said.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
          Do you have to add insults to every post?

Really? Sort yourself out you child.
          Re-read your post back. Hahahahahahaha!
          Last edited by barrywhite; 26 January 2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

You do tense the muscles slightly. So what? If you decelerate really well, on the shot line and efficiently, you have a great weapon in your armour for some shots that come up. Ask four times world champion John Higgins if you ever get on a plane and go to snooker land. Do you think he'd rather run 12" past where he wants and end of break or decelerate, get perfect position and clear the table?
            You are focused on the arm mechanics, this has nothing to do with cue ball reaction.
            Look, I understand your anger at learning the truth it is a bit like the day you found out santa was fake, dont take it personally and in time it will hurt less.
            yours
            Kermit
            btw I lived in UK for 13 years, play snooker primarily but have dabbled in english 8ball and 9 ball, my high break is 8, would have been 9 but I scratched on the next red
            Last edited by Philthepockets; 26 January 2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Lol

Wow, you are like a child. Probably because you are. If not, that's shocking behaviour from an adult.

You couldn't make the sh!te up, oh!, wait....

Comment

You are focused on the arm mechanics, this has nothing to do with cue ball reaction.
                It has everything to do with cue ball reaction. You can hit the ball as hard as you like, take a thousand attempts, hit to as close to the bottom of the cue as you like, shoot a video. Use a 17oz cue like Judd with 9.5mm tip. Go ahead my friend. Prove that you can screw the white ball in and out of baulk like Judd. Prove it. I don't want to hear your half baked theory from a joke journal of no consequence, I want some empirical evidence, show me the video of you proving that only force and contact point matter. Tell you what, use a 21oz cue if you like, with an 9mm tip, that should make it even easier to beat the screw of Judd if your simple F= MA theory holds.
                Last edited by barrywhite; 26 January 2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  Lol

Wow, you are like a child. Probably because you are. If not, that's shocking behaviour from an adult.

You couldn't make the sh!te up, oh!, wait....

You really don't get the irony or hypocrisy of anything you've written do you?
                  LOL

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Rotty if you play the same shot as best you can twice, you will expect the same result won't you, but play it at different speeds, or with a smaller / bigger tip, lighter / heavier cue, you will get different results won't you, that's all that's being said.
                    yep but I also think the cuing can affect the outcome. Not for most shots a player will go for on a break as they are mostly stuns but the occasional shot where they need to move the cue ball a long distance for position. On those shots you can see people like Ronnie and John Higgins taking extra care with the feathering and pushing the cue through as they strike.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

It has everything to do with cue ball reaction. You can hit the ball as hard as you like, take a thousand attempts, hit to as close to the bottom of the cue as you like, shoot a video. Use a 17oz cue like Judd with 9.5mm tip. Go ahead my friend. Prove that you can screw the white ball in and out of baulk like Judd. Prove it. I don't want to hear your half baked theory from a joke journal of no consequence, I want some empirical evidence, show me the video of you proving that only force and contact point matter. Tell you what, use a 21oz cue if you like, with an 9mm tip, that should make it even easier to beat the screw of Judd.
                      oh noos please dont make me post that video it may crush your world completely and I don't want that responsibility.

yours
                      Kermit

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                        yep but I also think the cuing can affect the outcome. Not for most shots a player will go for on a break as they are mostly stuns but the occasional shot where they need to move the cue ball a long distance for position. On those shots you can see people like Ronnie and John Higgins taking extra care with the feathering and pushing the cue through as they strike.
                        Spot on again. Look how far through Judd and Robbo get on a deep screw, look at the length of a chalk mark. They have to go through smoothly or they'd have to decelerate and stop the cue, which kermit says is 'bad'!

Comment

oh noos please dont make me post that video it may crush your world completely and I don't want that responsibility.

yours
                          Kermit

Go ahead, post the video, crush my world. I welcome being proved wrong, I'm here to learn. Now, you put the red ball about 12 inches down from the middle bag and about three inches off the cushion on the right hand side of the table, looking down the table from the baulk end. The cue ball is in the D where you want, then you get down down and whack it at the bottom as hard as you can and screw back in and out of baulk..............whilst potting the ball. And you need to do this on a table with proper pockets, not 9-ball pockets. SO it needs to be done with high accuracy as well.

If your theory holds.

Of course, Judd has great timing and really strokes through the ball so that the force is delivered uniformly to the plane of the ball, thus keeping it on the correct shot line. But you don't need to do that because you only need brute force at the right contact point. So whack away my friend and upload that video. And remember, no cueing through the ball on the video, you don't believe in that.
                          Last edited by barrywhite; 26 January 2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Spot on again. Look how far through Judd and Robbo get on a deep screw, look at the length of a chalk mark. They have to go through smoothly or they'd have to decelerate and stop the cue, which kermit says is 'bad'!
                            swing and a miss again.........the long chalk mark of the follow through is because of the long backswing and the amount of energy in the stroke, that energy has to go somewhere, if you tried to stop the cue short your arm may fall off. Cue ball is long gone after 1/1000th of a second.
                            Last edited by Philthepockets; 26 January 2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

You really don't get the irony or hypocrisy of anything you've written do you?
                              LOL

jeez. You're a right card, you... I haven't disrespected anyone. I just don't suffer fools bull**** and I'll say so. You my friend are a massive bull****ter, you speak so much sh!te I don't know how you can breathe with you're airways so full of dung!

Iol

Comment

Go ahead, post the video, crush my world. I welcome being proved wrong, I'm here to learn. Now, you put the red ball about 12 inches down from the middle bag and about three inches off the cushion on the right hand side of the table, looking down the table from the baulk end. The cue ball is in the D where you want, then you get down down and whack it at the bottom as hard as you can and screw back in and out of baulk..............whilst potting the ball. And you need to do this on a table with proper pockets, not 9-ball pockets. SO it needs to be done with high accuracy as well.

If your theory holds.

Of course, Judd has great timing and really strokes through the ball so that the force is delivered uniformly to the plane of the ball, thus keeping it on the correct shot line. But you don't need to do that because you only need brute force at the right contact point. So whack away my friend and upload that video. And remember, no cueing through the ball on the video, you don't believe in that.
                                Once again you are conflating the mechanics of the arm with CB reaction. You cannot generate the required cue speed without following through you will hurt yourself. But this has nothing to do with the CB reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X