• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well worth viewing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmUG...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
      You are focused on the arm mechanics, this has nothing to do with cue ball reaction.
      Look, I understand your anger at learning the truth it is a bit like the day you found out santa was fake, dont take it personally and in time it will hurt less.
      yours
      Kermit
      btw I lived in UK for 13 years, play snooker primarily but have dabbled in english 8ball and 9 ball, my high break is 8, would have been 9 but I scratched on the next red
      Your being a little modest, when you signed up you said your high break was 137. That's some going, much better than most on here. It has been interesting learning more about the draw shot, making good shape on the cue ball the key to this game. Looking forward to more posts about stun and top spin.

Comment

Ramon, I know there are some people on this board that are smarter than Newton but give him a chance.

Newton's second law of motion pertains to the behavior of objects for which all existing forces are not balanced. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is dependent upon two variables - the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. The acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of the object. As the force acting upon an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is increased. As the mass of an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is decreased.

I might add that a much much heavier cue may take much longer to accelerate resulting in less cue speed at contact, the reason 9 ball breaker cues are not 20 lbs
        iv dropped in and out of this thread, but how would you describe this net force from newtons second law in snooker terms, as the player starts their final delivery?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          iv dropped in and out of this thread, but how would you describe this net force from newtons second law in snooker terms, as the player starts their final delivery?
          F = ma, or force = mass times acceleration

Comment

Ramon, I know there are some people on this board that are smarter than Newton but give him a chance.

Newton's second law of motion pertains to the behavior of objects for which all existing forces are not balanced. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is dependent upon two variables - the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. The acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of the object. As the force acting upon an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is increased. As the mass of an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is decreased.

I might add that a much much heavier cue may take much longer to accelerate resulting in less cue speed at contact, the reason 9 ball breaker cues are not 20 lbs
            agree with that . good point .

to be honest , I'm not smarter than Newton.
            I think he's right . What i heard from Nic B in that video , u gonna have to comper the the weight of the cue with the CB's weight . ( if i'm not wrong about this, still have to find that video ).
            Even if u use the lightst cue u can imagine ( let's say a 14 OZ cue ), still , the cue is much heavier comperd to CB . an that's the mass what u need .
            I'm gonna do sum research about this matter an get back to you. not gonna judge about this issue right now . Would'nt be a fair judgment.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
              Your being a little modest, when you signed up you said your high break was 137. That's some going, much better than most on here. It has been interesting learning more about the draw shot, making good shape on the cue ball the key to this game. Looking forward to more posts about stun and top spin.
              Dang they are on to me, forgot I did that.

Comment

lol , I'm glad u dropped in bcuz u can explain this much better than i do.

Comment

F = ma, or force = mass times acceleration
                  force and even mass is such an unforunate term when it comes to ball sports/combat/general sports were the player wants to reserve/concerve energy,and is always looking to exert minimum effort to create maximum effect

Comment

Dang they are on to me, forgot I did that.
                    Is that still your highest break or have you improved in the last seven years since registering on here? I can only dream of a 137!

Comment

• @ Philthepockets ,

This is one of those video's i was looking for ( thr re more ).
                      Look what this guy says about weight please . he also trys diff cues with diff weights .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD659eZ054I

Comment

• start training

=

Comment

force and even mass is such an unforunate term when it comes to ball sports/combat/general sports were the player wants to reserve/concerve energy,and is always looking to exert minimum effort to create maximum effect
                          Unfortunate maybe but we are trying to interact with the physical world and for all intents and purposes it appears to have laws and trying understand them is all we can do.
                          If you want the most reaction with the least effort, strike the CB where you intend to and the way to do that is by having sound fundamental technique. One of the key elements is reducing muscle tension, particularly in the wrist and grip but also reducing tension in the arm, this allows for more cue speed if needed.
                          Practice some shots looking at the CB and you will be surprised at the effortless reaction you get when you make contact in the intended place, most of the issues arise from not contacting where you intended and this can be brought about by muscle tension in particular.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                            Is that still your highest break or have you improved in the last seven years since registering on here? I can only dream of a 137!
                            Yes is still is, my excursions into other games kinda impeded my progress :P
                            Never the less I did become a better overall player since then but now age is taking it's toll, so hard to improve as you age.
                            They say fine motor skill learning diminishes usually after the age of 21.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              @ Philthepockets ,

Look what this guy says about weight please . he also trys diff cues with diff weights .

He says timing rather than weight, but what is timing and what affects it?
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                                @ Philthepockets ,

Ramon, I have seen this one before but as I said before this is not scientific and using humans and different cues has too many variables.
                                Most people that try to defy the laws of physics end up in pain, gravity is one I can think of.

Comment

Working...
                                X