colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    if your knocking in line ups all day your a regular ton player. my first 100 came soon after i first cleared the lineup

i think clocking the colors in practice will help an improving players break building skills
    Get real J6, clearing up a line up is a bit of pi*s compared to knocking in a ton in a proper game, I was clearing line ups at 17 but had to wait another 2 year to finally hit a ton.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      Still think randomly scattering reds around pink and black is the best practice. Do it all the time..
      same here as well. nothing gets you going as well as little stuns and screws arounf the black and pink.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Get real J6, clearing up a line up is a bit of pi*s compared to knocking in a ton in a proper game, I was clearing line ups at 17 but had to wait another 2 year to finally hit a ton.

i am real, its well documented. clearing a linup is not easy you must have the same knowledge of the white and position as a first ton player

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          I know for a fact that 4 pro players who practice at northern snooker centre still do the line up (plus variations of...) In all their practice sessions.must be worth it eh...
          H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
            I know for a fact that 4 pro players who practice at northern snooker centre still do the line up (plus variations of...) In all their practice sessions.must be worth it eh...
            watching Jim prepare for his exhibition on Saturday... first routine he did was the T

I do agree with leo though, theres no way that being able to clear the lineup equates to a ton maker.

I've, on occasion don the 15 reds, but have come nowhere near to a ton in match play. Stuck for ever in the 70s. (not flares, platform heels and dubious mustaches either)
            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              At the risk of stating the obvious I think it becomes easier with practice. I'm way way short of being a 50 break player but don't find clearing the colours that difficult (some days). I practice it quite a lot and it's surprising how you can develop a little routine to make the shots nice and easy. Little stuns and screws. Don't want any stretching or rest shots.
              Three red/blacks and a colours clearance and you're a fifty break player Bigmeek. I have made many line up clearances but never a ton in a proper frame against an opponent, one ton in a practise frame against myself. The line up is easier if you want it to be, you can always refuse the easy straight balls and take on the 1/2 and 1/4 ball cuts instead.

Comment

I agree with Leo ,when I started I was obsessed with the line up, it's all I did,I wanted to get a 24 ,then I wanted a fifty ,then a 75 and a 100 ,then I got a clearance and once done it does become easier, it's more through laziness if I don't make a good stab at it now( getting down to last couple of reds at least), for some strange reason I do really well with the colour clearance at the end of the line ups, my completion rate will be very high.
                Now I make a pack of six or seven reds between pink and black and scatter the others in potable places and start with a long red and see where it takes me, I should have done far more of this at the start( a bit simpler but the same idea) as my break building is miles behind my standard of line ups, if that makes sense.
                I still think this is a great thread, even if you can do this easily there is always something you can learn.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

How many times can you guys clock the colours...??..
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    How many times can you guys clock the colours...??..
                    If you mean in a continuous loop, playing from last black back to the yellow, best I've done is three, missing the final black on the fourth run due to bad position on the pink, which I potted but left an impossible black, which I missed. In terms of individual tries, I cleared them nine times in about half an hour once, got fed up and moved on to something else. I should add that all my practise is done on a pro table with tournament set up.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                      If you mean in a continuous loop, playing from last black back to the yellow, best I've done is three, missing the final black on the fourth run due to bad position on the pink, which I potted but left an impossible black, which I missed. In terms of individual tries, I cleared them nine times in about half an hour once, got fed up and moved on to something else. I should add that all my practise is done on a pro table with tournament set up.
                      Three is the most I have done except I missed the brown I think, not one hundred percent sure. Mine are all done on a club table , crap balls, poor cloth, unbrushed ,not ironed, no cloth at the pocket openings, just rubber. Bet your jealous Ghost

Comment

I give clocking them ago.

itsnoteasy, 3 is good, thats 18 pots,, ==, 9 blacks= 63 + 9 reds= 9, totals 72 break then at the most. Would you say thats your average consistent break getting.?.
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

4 nearly then, thats good at almost 23 pots.
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

My games utterly ridiculous Throtts, in practice I can knock in 50- 80 regularly , in matches 30-40 at best more an average towards thirty, I get on my own nerves how poorly I play as soon as any pressure is on.
                            Doing the colours isn't really like a break though, there are only two shots that can go wrong really, brown to blue and black to yellow, also I hammered the colours for a few months untill I felt it was second nature, so three times round isn't that good out of what felt like thousands of tries lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              My games utterly ridiculous Throtts, in practice I can knock in 50- 80 regularly , in matches 30-40 at best more an average towards thirty, I get on my own nerves how poorly I play as soon as any pressure is on.
                              Doing the colours isn't really like a break though, there are only two shots that can go wrong really, brown to blue and black to yellow, also I hammered the colours for a few months untill I felt it was second nature, so three times round isn't that good out of what felt like thousands of tries lol.
                              I can totally identify with that. Sounds exactly like me, and, as you say, I am playing on a great table. I have had more than ten years off, only six months back, so am giving myself until August to start playing decent snooker. My consistency is dreadful. I can look like a pro for eight or so shots, then miss something I would never have missed in the past. Ever. Stuck on 30s (lots of them) in matches, with the odd 40 plus. Don't miss much in practise open play. I never bother with the line up. Can hit 70 plus even playing badly so I don't see the point.

Comment

I can totally identify with that. Sounds exactly like me, and, as you say, I am playing on a great table. I have had more than ten years off, only six months back, so am giving myself until August to start playing decent snooker. My consistency is dreadful. I can look like a pro for eight or so shots, then miss something I would never have missed in the past. Ever. Stuck on 30s (lots of them) in matches, with the odd 40 plus. Don't miss much in practise open play. I never bother with the line up. Can hit 70 plus even playing badly so I don't see the point.
                                i would bother with it if i were you till its cleared

Comment

Working...
                                X