No announcement yet.

colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost I see some folk on here with high match breaks in the seventies and eighties and they haven't cleared the line up, I have up around thirty clearances and double figure T line up clearances( not been trying that one for long) yet I'm stuck on fifty four, in a match,that's what I mean when I say my break building is miles behind my line up standard. I miss some stupid shots and it has to be my age, some of them are shots you would pot when you have just picked a cue up, after I have missed I say to myself ,what happened there, it's as if I have just drifted off lol.
    In general I don't have anyone decent to spank my bum and make me concentrate , so I rarely get pushed or I play folk who put colours on cushions or worse on cushions up the baulk end lol, and it's just impossible to do anything.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

colors

The lineup is class. So many different ways to attack it.

If you can clear the lineup on a STAR table with regularity, then you are a 100 break player on your average club table.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        i would bother with it if i were you till its cleared
        You may be right, I would not suggest I am the player you are, nor ever have been, but I have limited practise time and tend to approach it in the way I have already described. I have cleared the line up plenty of times before, but not since I have been back. I have, however, cleared the table with six scattered reds and all the colours half a dozen times, my best being a 73. On a pro table. I am 53 now and not sure what standard is realistic after so long out.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Ghost I see some folk on here with high match breaks in the seventies and eighties and they haven't cleared the line up, I have up around thirty clearances and double figure T line up clearances( not been trying that one for long) yet I'm stuck on fifty four, in a match,that's what I mean when I say my break building is miles behind my line up standard. I miss some stupid shots and it has to be my age, some of them are shots you would pot when you have just picked a cue up, after I have missed I say to myself ,what happened there, it's as if I have just drifted off lol.
          In general I don't have anyone decent to spank my bum and make me concentrate , so I rarely get pushed or I play folk who put colours on cushions or worse on cushions up the baulk end lol, and it's just impossible to do anything.
          That's a shame. I think you need to play quality opposition regularly otherwise it just turns into a dogfight, after half a dozen shots the table looks like a toddler has been rolling the balls around.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post

If you can clear the lineup on a STAR table with regularity, then you are a 100 break player on your average club table.
            Seems like I better give it a proper go again then...

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post

Remember trying to get the lowest clearance you could on the line up, great fun!

The line up is brilliant, every pro i've seen play does it so it must be worthwhile no?
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

yellow pt2

Comment

green to brown, brown to blue

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    green to brown, brown to blue

At that angle on the brown i'd be stunning it all day, I really do think it's a personal preference thing though. As pottr says above blue to pink is an easy shot anyway unless you really make a hash of the brown

Comment

I can do this. However i find this sort of thought encourages a mind set that makes me better. There's getting on a ball, and getting on it with a plan in mind. Minimise the travel of the cue ball, understand the angles better. The less I have to do with each shot, the more I make, and the better I get.

It sounds blindingly obvious to most of you good players, but it genuinely took nearly thirty years for the penny to drop for me. Consequently this sort of thing really helps me. Thanks J.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                        I can do this. However i find this sort of thought encourages a mind set that makes me better. There's getting on a ball, and getting on it with a plan in mind. Minimise the travel of the cue ball, understand the angles better. The less I have to do with each shot, the more I make, and the better I get.

It sounds blindingly obvious to most of you good players, but it genuinely took nearly thirty years for the penny to drop for me. Consequently this sort of thing really helps me. Thanks J.
                        The same principle applies to scoring heavily amongst the balls. The amount of times I see players destroy their chances of a good break by not leaving themselves a good angle on the black is painful! Make life easy for yourselves, the game's difficult enough without overcomplicating it.

Comment

I enjoyed the videos J6, I find the yellow to green my toughest positional shot. Because I am left handed and my screwed up bridge arm I work on getting straight on the green but much closer so I have a simple straight in green with the rest.
                          Now for the guys talking about the colours and lineups, we had a pro am last week and I watched Cliff Thorburn warmup which started with the lineup, Alain Robidoux start with the Lineup, Floyd Ziegler start with the lineup. But these guys can already clear the colours with their eyes closed. So they use the lineup to get their cue arm going. Floyd has stressed to me numerous times keep clearing the colours and when you can clear them then clear them backwards. Then Floyd's two ultimate colour clearances. Clear all the colours in the green pocket. Then take a black with each colour. He said as a kid he worked on making a black with each one by the hour until he could do it on a regular basis. Start with a 3/4 Yellow to the side sending cue ball down for a black and go from there. My best is the brown. He says it's great for learning your way around the table.
                          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                            I enjoyed the videos J6, I find the yellow to green my toughest positional shot. Because I am left handed and my screwed up bridge arm I work on getting straight on the green but much closer so I have a simple straight in green with the rest.
                            Now for the guys talking about the colours and lineups, we had a pro am last week and I watched Cliff Thorburn warmup which started with the lineup, Alain Robidoux start with the Lineup, Floyd Ziegler start with the lineup. But these guys can already clear the colours with their eyes closed. So they use the lineup to get their cue arm going. Floyd has stressed to me numerous times keep clearing the colours and when you can clear them then clear them backwards. Then Floyd's two ultimate colour clearances. Clear all the colours in the green pocket. Then take a black with each colour. He said as a kid he worked on making a black with each one by the hour until he could do it on a regular basis. Start with a 3/4 Yellow to the side sending cue ball down for a black and go from there. My best is the brown. He says it's great for learning your way around the table.
                            I like that Les, might give these a go J6's videos are great, good to see a good player taking the time to help people out

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                              The same principle applies to scoring heavily amongst the balls. The amount of times I see players destroy their chances of a good break by not leaving themselves a good angle on the black is painful! Make life easy for yourselves, the game's difficult enough without overcomplicating it.

Yes indeed. Just to clarify, I was talking about position off every shot. The less you do with the cue ball, the better the position you get, and the less you have to do with the cue ball. Blindingly obvious but on the table, for a very long time, I was really stupid.

Comment

Very nice videos J6. It is true that many players make a mess of colours clearence. Brown to blue I think is where it will start to go wrong for most players. You could leave blue only for corners, you could get wrong sided easily, or maybe side will be required for position on pink. Lots of finesse required to be able to clear colours consistently.

My take on lineups vs non structured drills:
                                Lineups: Even though ball positions are not realistic, those drills put some pressure on you because you really do NOT want to setup the balls by hand carefully AGAIN after a miss...and you tend to keep counting out loud (in your head at least )
                                Reds randomly scattered: Ball positions more realistic. But one can get little lazy and a little too comfortable because there's no punishment like setting up balls carefully by hand after a miss. Easy on the table if your club owner forbids repetitive drills.

Comment

Working...
                                X