colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green to brown to blue to pink

in this video i get into a couple more shots on the green and brown before moving down to the blue to pink

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Ghost I see some folk on here with high match breaks in the seventies and eighties and they haven't cleared the line up, I have up around thirty clearances and double figure T line up clearances( not been trying that one for long) yet I'm stuck on fifty four, in a match,that's what I mean when I say my break building is miles behind my line up standard. I miss some stupid shots and it has to be my age, some of them are shots you would pot when you have just picked a cue up, after I have missed I say to myself ,what happened there, it's as if I have just drifted off lol.
      In general I don't have anyone decent to spank my bum and make me concentrate , so I rarely get pushed or I play folk who put colours on cushions or worse on cushions up the baulk end lol, and it's just impossible to do anything.
      Jim , its got to be an age thing, i myself same as you can pot all the difficult shots then end up on a 3/4 pot and fluff it. no explanation why.
      its the focus that wears away the further the break goes.
      in practice i can hold my focus for a lot longer , plus when practicing i'm making sure everything is spot on , i.e grip, stance technique, yet in a match i don't do this consistently enough.

for example i have an issue when i follow through on medium to high power shots , i put left on the cueball which means i over cut shots, iv'e been trying for almost a year to cure this with no success, so after spending sometime with a coach. rather than changing my technique stance or anything else we decided on those power shots i should just aim thicker. after practicing this it worked wonders. my potting increased at lease 30-40%.

so the other day i was playing a friendly game with a mate and i was on a 28 break landed on a red just above the blue , 3/4 ball the angle needed a stun shot to land on the brown and back up to the business end of the table. so what i did forgot all about the practice i have put in and rather than aim thicker aimed for center pocket and jawed it. (silly prat.., )

its so frustrating, but as i said it's got to be focus because given any other circumstance i would pot that ball 9-10 out of 10 .

on another note and getting back to the OP question, i always start every practice session with the colours, i would clear them at least 6/10 and my best back to back is 3 i missed the green on my 4th attempt. and yes i am like you Jim, i'm miles better at the lineup than break building, maybe because i practice them more.

i've started ignoring the line up recently and just focused on 5-6 reds scattered between Pink and black and see how many times i can clear the table. best so far 2/10
      Last edited by alabadi; 24 February 2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Another great video. I have never thought about potting the blue with running side off two cushions. So basically you are just stunning it enough to come near side of pink with running side?
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I like these. I'm going to spend a bit more time on the colours....not practising potting, or to clear them, per se..but using them for positional practice from various places.

Comment

It's a worthwhile thread particularly as most frames in amateur snooker are won on the colours.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
              ...i myself same as you can pot all the difficult shots then end up on a 3/4 pot and fluff it. no explanation why.
              I do have an explanation for this. Your 3/4 pot in this case was harder.

Comment

clocking colors

and to conclude i try to show in this vidoe that all inportant straightish green. i missed a few but you get the idea of the pattern. black to yellow and yellow to green were the key shots

Comment

J6, that was very impressive, what was it 7-8 in a row I lost count, nice vid.

I was impressed with the amount of yellows you potted when the cueball was level with the blue, these shots I find very difficult. especially when you have to come of the bottom cushion.

I was practicing these particular shots the other day. I would set up a straight yellow and try and screw back for the green. although I was potting the majority the position was erratic, from either too thin of the green coming back only a few inches to ending up in the middle of the table and having to play the green and send the cueball off 2 cushions.

the one that is off straight having to play for the yellow using the rest that's one I need to practice more as I can miss most of them.

thanks for uploading videos like they are very helpful, its always good to see a quality player explaining certain shots then performing them.

I think you should save all these videos and maybe have some sort of Archive of different shots and how to play them.

well done J6 keep it up .....BRILLIANT

Comment

Class, nothing else to say.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes, really good and very helpful. One issue I know that i have is that the cloth on the table i normally practise on is a lot slower.....I don't get that sort of run off that pace of cue ball. there are other faster tables. I'm caught between belting the ball more (needs better technique, so good practice), or practising on a faster table. The main issue being I drop in when I can spare an hour, and can't book, so often the good tables are not available.

Nevertheless, all principles hold good, and it's all about the white ball. That's what I need to practice, wherever it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Class, nothing else to say.
                        I will second that. Great to watch all the learning videos and then see it all come together. Thanks J6

Comment

I was reading this the other day and realized after a bit of thinking how many of my matches end on the colors so practiced them last night and its so annoying how easy it looks and how difficult it can be

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                            I was reading this the other day and realized after a bit of thinking how many of my matches end on the colors so practiced them last night and its so annoying how easy it looks and how difficult it can be
                            Yea really. I found J6 videos very useful. Like others have said it is nice to see J6 actually pot them and work through it. Some nights I will just go down and take 6 reds and pot yellows making shape for green and so on to drill it into my brain all from a different angle.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                              Yea really. I found J6 videos very useful. Like others have said it is nice to see J6 actually pot them and work through it. Some nights I will just go down and take 6 reds and pot yellows making shape for green and so on to drill it into my brain all from a different angle.
                              yeh thank for d vid J6 ... defo gonna practice this till it hopefully feels like 2nd nature

Comment

Nice one J6,
                                Yep, you say just the colours off their spots but it really tells you where your game is at..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X