No announcement yet.

body anatomy relation to cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think there is a quick fix to my problem,maybe i just need to simply keep practicing.when i'm playing well i'm able to place the cue on the line of aim accurately on most shots but when i'm playing bad i will overshoot or undershoot my bridge hand across the line of aim.

improving my approach to the table, (walk into the shot,head on the line,point the cue as you're getting down etc) does not help much because the cue goes offline at the last split second when my bridge touches the table.i'll maybe try to focus more on very slight micro-adjustments or maybe pause the cue slightly when the bridge touches the table to verify i'm on the correct line but i don't think they will do much because i've tried both in the past.i'll also try what vmax said to not pivot my foot as i'm getting down on the shot to see if anything happens.
    Last edited by kflps; 19 July 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

So many different variables that contribute to a good cue action and timing of a shot that you need to just keep practicing, try and keep the basics consistent even if it doesn’t feel natural to start with, sometimes you get worse before you get better! Maybe a few 1 to 1 coaching sessions would help with a few pointers? Where about in the UK are you? I’m sure someone will be able to recommend a coach near by?

Also if you can, try and video your practice then play it back, this helped me with a few small things I didn’t realise I did until I watched it back.
      Last edited by Danger Steve; 19 July 2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        So many different variables that contribute to a good cue action and timing of a shot that you need to just keep practicing, try and keep the basics consistent even if it doesn’t feel natural to start with, sometimes you get worse before you get better! Maybe a few 1 to 1 coaching sessions would help with a few pointers? Where about in the UK are you? I’m sure someone will be able to recommend a coach near by?

Also if you can, try and video your practice then play it back, this helped me with a few small things I didn’t realise I did until I watched it back.
        yes there are many different factors and i think for me the 2 biggest factors that contribute to an inconsistent cue action are that my elbow was offline for years causing the cue to go offline and that i'm aiming with the cue incorrectly.

if you don't cue correctly you will start aiming incorrectly to compensate and if you don't aim correctly you will start cueing incorrectly to compensate.one flaw causes the other and vice-versa.

i'm now at the stage where i have corrected my elbow placement and my shoulders are angled instead of square to the shot but i have to re-learn the correct and straight cueing motion because of stroking forward offline for years.i need to work on both cueing and aiming/aligning correctly.
        Last edited by kflps; 19 July 2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

i don't live in the UK and there is no coach in my country unfortunately.

Comment

Originally Posted by kflps View Post
            i don't live in the UK and there is no coach in my country unfortunately.
            so where do you live then , what country ?

Comment

Working...
            X