• JP cues the best?

Hello everybody
    i want to buy a one piece cue
    JP cues the best there is?

Erm... No?
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I know it depends on feel personal likings and all that stuff but why is it that many players use jp cues?Its not only commercial?

Comment

What JP excels beyond others is its marketing and exposure prowess, that's all....period

Comment

John has had years of experience working with many pro players so he is probably very good at making a cue that plays to their expectations. This is not a small feat in itself.
          The best way to answer the question is to buy a few cues from John, a few from Mike, Trevor, Dave, Robert...and then try to tell by yourself to see if the JP cues are much better over these others. That would be your answer.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

why are the top players in the world playin with a jp ?

Comment

John Parris cues are good cues.

John has a very big market share because he is the best known cue maker in the world. Therefore a lot of players started off playing with his cues and may just keep using it.

If a player knows he can get a cue from John custom to spec for free and it has been proven that his cues are good as so many players are using it why search for something else...They know they can get another one or bring it back for some adjustment if they dont like it...it is like a custom package offered for a pro to try as many cues as he needs to until he is happy-- all for free. Not a lot of custom cue makers can afford to do something like that.

I also believe John knows what the pro players want as he has worked with them for so long. A lto fo them may not really know what they are talking about when it comes to what they really want in a cue, but somehow John understands and delivers.

Not all pros are using John Parris cues. Ding plays with a Stamford, Shaun Murphy with an antique cue, Maguire now using a Robin Cook, Mark Williams was using a Barracuda when he won everything in sight, Paul Hunter was using a Craftsman, Hendry is using an Acuerate, Mark Selby using a Stamford, Marco Fu a Deroo, Peter Ebdon a Dufferin, and the list goes on and on...
              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 February 2012, 06:28 AM.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerbum View Post
                cos he gives em for free to professionals in exchange for endorsements. Seriously though having tried two of his cues i can honestly say i have played with many better!

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerbum View Post
                  they are not - it's an urban myth.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Someone trying to wind mike up again.

Comment

I've tried lots of friends cues that were JP's and I can honestly say out of all of them there was only one I would have used if I'd been given it for free! Maybe some top pro's do use JP's but their cues are probably made by the company's master cue-makers. Yours, however, could be made by the newest apprentice in the workshop. £800 for an ultimate and an 18 month wait for it - what a bargain!
                      I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by wie147 View Post
                        Hello everybody
                        i want to buy a one piece cue
                        JP cues the best there is?
                        I have not seen a John Parris Ultimate, which is supposedly the top range of Parris cues. But I have seen and tried a couple of his lower range cues, previously owned one too. They're generally good but you're paying more for the badge than the cue, imo.

There are tons of information about cues / cue makers under the "Cues" section. Will help you make a better informed choice.
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                          I have not seen a John Parris Ultimate, which is supposedly the top range of Parris cues. But I have seen and tried a couple of his lower range cues, previously owned one too. They're generally good but you're paying more for the badge than the cue, imo.

There are tons of information about cues / cue makers under the "Cues" section. Will help you make a better informed choice.
                          The badge bit could be attributed to all cues though. For instance its been said before, if I put about a dozen or so cues on a table and took the badges off and they were from all the top cue makers you can think of, nobody and I mean nobody would know who's is who's.
                          This is why I don't understand why people get so tetchy when JP is mentioned, everyone seems to have an opinion, good and bad, but largely bad. Yet they are just contradicting themselves as they use other named cue makers and are also by definition paying for the badge.

Ultimately if you put these cues on a table unbadged would people really pay the asking price if I said one cost £300, the other cost £500 but you wouldn't be able to have a badge on the cue! I think the resounding response would be no!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            The badge bit could be attributed to all cues though. For instance its been said before, if I put about a dozen or so cues on a table and took the badges off and they were from all the top cue makers you can think of, nobody and I mean nobody would know who's is who's.
                            This is why I don't understand why people get so tetchy when JP is mentioned, everyone seems to have an opinion, good and bad, but largely bad. Yet they are just contradicting themselves as they use other named cue makers and are also by definition paying for the badge.

Ultimately if you put these cues on a table unbadged would people really pay the asking price if I said one cost £300, the other cost £500 but you wouldn't be able to have a badge on the cue! I think the resounding response would be no!
                            If it is a beautiful cue that hits really well I will.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

a year ago hendry was using a parris. has he changed again?

Comment

Working...
                              X