JP cues the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdated that list is.

Need to change a few more players to parris now...

lol...
    Last edited by cally; 12 February 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I have been trying to update it from interviews and comments on TSF. Like DD I believe has changed - again
      And have changed a few from the recent German Masters.
      Please tell me which ones are changed from/to, cheers
      You packed your bags yet
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
        Outdated that list is.

Need to change a few players to parris now...

lol...
        yes a few have changed
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750
          Top of the list for one, doesn't Allen play with Parris now too ??
          Last time I saw an interview (the last BBC one, I believe when he was walking round an old club?) he did have a Parris case (there were comments on TSF about Advertising ) but someone else said that the cue has was using in the comp was not a Parris.
          It is like tennis isn't it

Comment

A couple of parris here a couple trevor whites scattered bout for good measure and the list will be more or less spot on..

I'll let you work out who/what/where..

Little quiz for you guy;s, you know keep ya occupied for 5 like...

LMAO...

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Last time I saw an interview (the last BBC one, I believe when he was walking round an old club?) he did have a Parris case (there were comments on TSF about Advertising ) but someone else said that the cue has was using in the comp was not a Parris.
              It is like tennis isn't it
              made me laugh the parris case etc - i think john must have a pal at the bbc!

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                A couple of parris here a couple trevor whites scattered bout for good measure and the list will be more or less spot on..

I'll let you work out who/what/where..

Little quiz for you guy;s, you know keep ya occupied for 5 like...

LMAO...
                LOL
                aarrgghh! you sadistic b*****d
                come on spill, especially the TWs

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                yep, SD

Comment

The claim that x amount of the top 16 players used their cues can be dated back well over 10 years, closer to 15 actually. Id never heard of Parris cues, indeed it was only by chance that on a match on eurosport (dr martens premier league) back around 1997 that one of the commentators mentioned that John Parrot had sent his cue to John Parris for work to be done and it was lost in the post (apparently the concept of someone sending a cue in the post was alien to this guy the way he got on about it, pretty sure it was Phil Yates or that other dreary git who used to commentate with him around that time.).

Anyway i got looking around and found a phone number and got sent out a brouchure. In that brochure it mentioned that so many of the top 40 in the world used their cues and so many of the top 16, can't remember the exact numbers but it was a sizable chunk.

But that statement has seemed to persist since then despite the top 16 changing radically. At the time the brochure was made it was probably true but it was never updated to reflect movement in the rankings, from a business standpoint it would be pointless and costly dumping a whole load of brochures because the claim may not have been accurate as it once was.

When i ordered my first custom cue in early 98 (a plain 3/4 ebony special) the delivery time was only around 8-10 weeks, just shows how the business has picked up these days, its double that now, only cost £275 at the time as well.
                  Last edited by narl; 12 February 2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

This discussion will not and should not take place among cue connoisseurs, because they know better.

But for someone who is looking for a cue and has no idea where to go, this type of endorsement will serve as a guide line and more often than not a layman will buy a cue brand that most pros are using.

It is a powerful marketing tool and I have no doubt it sells hundreds if not thousands of cues for John Parris each year.

In the US pool cue world, Predator cue is supposed to be the major choice of pros(at least that is what they claim). Predator is made in China and I am pretty sure the majority of cue buyers/collectors know that it is far from being the best cue.

In all fairness, John Parris has done a great job getting so many pros to play with his cues. If he is only giving them a cue rather than paying them cash for their endorsement then it is even better. I have no doubt John knows how to make a cue that plays to the satisfaction of a pro player. It is rather obvious.

For a cue collector there are more options because they also look at craftsmanship and many other things; while for a pro player the most important thing is that he can trust the cue and play a full range of shots with confident with it.

For a regular buyer he needs to look at prices from various makers and then compare the value in terms of craftsmanship, consistency, playability, quality of wood, and so on, which are all irrelevant for a pro when he can get a cue for free and replace it if he does not like it.

The pros play on different equipments and they all have top shelf cueing actions; therefore, what suits a pro may not suit a regular player.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      Or a direct debit.

Comment

i will say that his new cases are a bit sexy. i have the harlequin one and it's sweeeeeet. the cue sleeps better at night than i do on it's memory foam suede pillow

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                          Or a direct debit.
                          i would like it noted - i didn't say that john!

Comment

hendry as used parris maguire does not at the last comp but he does use one as does fergal o'brien he used to have that very dark ash cue that they say he used to stain but he swapped and went over to parris. not every pro uses one like claimed but a fair few do. i personaly think they are good cues but i have seen alot better. the cues made by cook,wooldridge and t white to name just a few one man bands or one man and a small team quality not quantity.

Comment

in the end a cue should speak for itself.

Comment

as long as a cues straight theres no good or bad cue in my opinion its about personal feel you need to find a cue u feel at one with
                                Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Working...
                                X