Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Terry's is a typographical error; Rocket's is a malapropism.

sorry - tongue in cheek

I'll get my coat....
    Thank you Dean. Mine is a fat-fingered typo but I do agree we should treat the cueball as humanely as possible since it does take a constant beating. Tongue in cheek again.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Thank you Dean. Mine is a fat-fingered typo but I do agree we should treat the cueball as humanely as possible since it does take a constant beating. Tongue in cheek again.

I did think the first version was great
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        But only for 1/1000th of a second at a time

Comment

• Very good ��
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
            I dunno that’s not what I was taught, I understand why it’s used off a cushion I also understand it can be used to straighten up a pot to get pin point position but 9 times out of 10 side isn’t going to do anything in the middle of the table that stun screw or stun run won’t do
            I can't say I agree. In particular, in conjunction with draw, it can be used to change the angle the cue ball comes off the ball on. That is useful in any number of ways even though I would agree it may not frequently be necessary, per se.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
              I have to admit this is an extremely strange thread.

I'm a WPBSA qualified Level 1 coach and some of the things I've read are correct with the rest best described as 'subjective'.

My ONLY input would be - Try to hit the centre of the cueball as often as is humanely possible.
              Interested to hear what you have been taught as "correct" and what do you consider subjective.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                Interested to hear what you have been taught as "correct" and what do you consider subjective.
                Myself also.

Comment

• I was on a break just today and I hit 2 of that shot we all spoke in depth about ( Kyren Wilson shot ) . Yes, I over cooked 2 shots by around 1/2 ". But for beginners, just forget about side period. Once you got the basics, guys, just practice the angles to pot those balls.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    I was on a break just today and I hit 2 of that shot we all spoke in depth about ( Kyren Wilson shot ) . Yes, I over cooked 2 shots by around 1/2 ". But for beginners, just forget about side period. Once you got the basics, guys, just practice the angles to pot those balls.
                    I'm new here so I don't know what what you're referring to. Would you like to explain?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rebound59 View Post
                      I'm new here so I don't know what what you're referring to. Would you like to explain?

No way, but here you go,, again.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...+induced+throw
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Hi Derek, of course if you are a regular 100 break player, it tells me that his positional play is good, getting to within a foot of next shot where it does not make any difference wether you strike centre, left, or right hand side, because the distance between balls is minimum so therefore does not make much difference, but still he does play with unintentional side, if you don't believe this then there is nothing more to say. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          I agree that you need to hit where you want to, I didn't spend hour cueing through a little hole in some card for nothing.

Please God.... Not again.
                          At least Terry has changed his name this time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                            Wonder if vmax has seen the light yet?

Comment

• Hi Roy.
                              I’ve been a lover of this game since I stumbled upon it as a 6 year old lad in the early 70’s watching Pot Black with me ode Grandad.
                              Unfortunately, having emigrated to Australia with my folks in 1980 there was a number of years when I was able to watch very little of the game.
                              In the last few years though thanks to the net, I have a VPN server and a Eurosport’s subscription so that has changed dramatically now as I find myself watching too late many a week night and weekend alike.
                              This increased viewing sparked my interest all the more and I sought out a local club where I’m currently living (South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne) and am now playing in a couple of amateur comps. One being a 4 man team league playing in the lowly D grade ladder and the othe being again a four man team league comp but players play with a handicap system.
                              I’m always keen to try any method suggested to improve my measly 20 something breaks so for the next few weeks I’ll give your video channel a go on YouTube and I’ll let you know the results.

Thanks Roy for giving your time as you have filming and uploading for us strugglers to use and hopefully improve our games.

I, as I’m sure many others do, appreciate what you have given for free.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
                                Hi Derek, of course if you are a regular 100 break player, it tells me that his positional play is good, getting to within a foot of next shot where it does not make any difference wether you strike centre, left, or right hand side, because the distance between balls is minimum so therefore does not make much difference, but still he does play with unintentional side, if you don't believe this then there is nothing more to say. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                                There is nothing more to say cos as you say if your close to the object ball and your hitting the cue ball centre within the sweet spot of centre your method doesn't ever come into play.

It's a nice theory and everything from the old days when balls were heavier and cloths were thicker but that's not snooker anymore mate, some of what your teaching is useful i think but I disagree it's some snooker secrets used by top pros cos you just said yourself 'if your less than a foot from object balls a trace of unintentional side won't matter but the pro's still play it unintenionally'

And i would agree with that but they are consistently in the sweet spots of centre ball even if the ones who say they always use a little side the key is he's still aiming close to centre, striking close to centre and close to the object ball so there is no throw. So the importance of centre ball striking and top class positional play remains in snooker, your method for a beginner may initially help them to pot a few balls but they'll never be hundred break players without learning the basics and importance of plain ball centre strikes, stroke stun and screw is snooker im afraid mate and your confirming it with your own words saying a hundred break man doesn't need this method.
                                Last edited by Derek P; 20 December 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X