No announcement yet.

Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on how small your tip is to be honest. If you play with something close to 8mm and it's hard and domed then you're going to struggle but an 11 or 12 softer tip that's dome shaped but with a small flat on the top should strike practically centre every time if you've a good cue action. This is why Parrott and Ebdon play with a mushroom tip overhanging the ferrule, then again as j6 mentions there is a core centre of the cue ball where strking within that means centre ball with practically no deflection of the cue ball. I'd say that the core centre is 10mm wide down the middle of the cue ball and striking within this area with a decent size medium to soft tip is good enough.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
      You know Terry I have just been thinking about the discussion about striking centre ball, you have to do as you say every shot, so I will repeat myself again. IMPOSSABLE !!!!
      Why would I even bother with your 1-minute exercise? It's not a part of the game since there's not a full minute between shots. By the way it's IMPOSSIBLE.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Why would I even bother with your 1-minute exercise? It's not a part of the game since there's not a full minute between shots. By the way it's IMPOSSIBLE.
        If you can't be bothered, then I can understand your statements.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          You would need a 1mm tip to hit true centre then as a 10mm tip would hit to much of the ball. Your right about one thing though you can’t hit dead centre every time nobody can where not robots. But I do think better players can get close enough that you can’t see or the shot be effected by the marginal side that would be applied to the cue ball. And there’s no technique in the world that can solve it we’re human there’s always going to be some marginal error
          All i can say is that if you think you are striking centre of cue ball is that the tip has to come out the other side in the exact spot that you have struck it otherwise you have put side on it. But as you say we are not robots so there is going to be some error.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            I think the thing is Ronnie might be using side on every shot but when he's trying to hit centre ball I'll bet it's the smallest trace of side and well within the margin of error for the pocket.
            He has just missed a sitter (at 9-4 up) which with helping side would have gone in....

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              He has just missed a sitter (at 9-4 up) which with helping side would have gone in....
              A few months ago Ronnie said he used side on every shot. Just recently he said I am practicing striking the centre of cb. Today I watched the final and proved my point conclusively, if that was the greatest player on the planet striking centre ball it proves it is impossible as he used side on every shot. I hope all the doubters of using side took notice. Roy of Snooker Secrets

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

I gave up taking ROS's interview comments as truth because he can say different things on the same subjects in different interviews minutes after each other :biggrin:
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

A few months ago Ronnie said he used side on every shot. Just recently he said I am practicing striking the centre of cb. Today I watched the final and proved my point conclusively, if that was the greatest player on the planet striking centre ball it proves it is impossible as he used side on every shot. I hope all the doubters of using side took notice. Roy of Snooker Secrets
                  Roy he didn't use side on every shot, you are delusional
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    Maybe he was in two minds and aimed for side but played centre ball hence the thicker contact.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      Roy he didn't use side on every shot, you are delusional
                      Sorry Tomwalker as of course I would not be in a position to see if every shot was played with side, but the shots I was able to estimate were played with side, all I am saying is the statement Ronnie made about striking the centre of cue ball went out of the window as MOST were played with side. Sorry Tom but i am afraid it is you that is the delusionist, have another look. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Sorry Tomwalker as of course I would not be in a position to see if every shot was played with side, but the shots I was able to estimate were played with side, all I am saying is the statement Ronnie made about striking the centre of cue ball went out of the window as MOST were played with side. Sorry Tom but i am afraid it is you that is the delusionist, have another look. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                        Ok a list of pros i've played... Rob Milkins, Matt Stevens, Mark Williams, Shaun Murphy, Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Mark Selby, David Grace, Chris Wakelin... none of which play with side on every shot or even the majority of shots.
                        When will you admit your coaching methods are both incorrect and at best outdated?

Comment

Ok a list of pros i've played... Rob Milkins, Matt Stevens, Mark Williams, Shaun Murphy, Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Mark Selby, David Grace, Chris Wakelin... none of which play with side on every shot or even the majority of shots.
                          When will you admit your coaching methods are both incorrect and at best outdated?
                          WOW!!! that's some list, do/did you practice with them?

Comment

• Hi Matthias,

Rob Milkins I had a few frames with in Gloucester when I had some coaching a few years ago.
                            I lost to David Grace in a pro am in Leeds and i've practiced with Wakelin over the years as he's from our club.

The others i've played in exhibitions/presentation nights put on by our local league

Comment

Hi Matthias,

Rob Milkins I had a few frames with in Gloucester when I had some coaching a few years ago.
                              I lost to David Grace in a pro am in Leeds and i've practiced with Wakelin over the years as he's from our club.

The others i've played in exhibitions/presentation nights put on by our local league
                              GOOD STUFF!!! very cool indeed
                              wish I had the game & the balls to do that

Comment

If I can add my 2 cents worth, I too have played a lot of pros and with one notable exception none of them used side and most of them preferred not to use it. The one exception was Willie Thorne who advocated using 'helping side' on all cut shots. I can't begin to name all the pros I've played as I would forget a few of them.

Yes, I believe Roy is mistaken and his methods are just plain wrong or at the very least outdated. Perhaps it's a sign of his age that he is stubborn and unwilling to change things as a lot of the elderly are (that includes myself too).
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X