Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
    No I would never say ANYONE was wrong, but I will say that he is still playing side on MOST of his shots. I myself have never seen him play without putting side on. Just to add he is the best Snooker player I have ever seen. Doubt if there will ever be another like him. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
    It will be interesting to see him play centre ball most of the time. I personally do not think he can do it, no matter how much I respect him.

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

^^ This Guy ^^

HAHAHAHAHA Spiders.

Comment

• I think the thing is Ronnie might be using side on every shot but when he's trying to hit centre ball I'll bet it's the smallest trace of side and well within the margin of error for the pocket.

What I can't fathom from Roy is if I can spot the blue ball and put the cueball on the brown spot and then try and hit the centre of the top cushion while stopping the cueball and the blue comes back and hits the cueball that would prove to me conclusively that I hit centre-ball. Mind you I can do this consistently but I can do it.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          I think the thing is Ronnie might be using side on every shot but when he's trying to hit centre ball I'll bet it's the smallest trace of side and well within the margin of error for the pocket.

What I can't fathom from Roy is if I can spot the blue ball and put the cueball on the brown spot and then try and hit the centre of the top cushion while stopping the cueball and the blue comes back and hits the cueball that would prove to me conclusively that I hit centre-ball. Mind you I can do this consistently but I can do it.
          Hi Terry, I would like to know how many out of ten you can do this with a break of one minute between shots?

Comment

Hi Terry, I would like to know how many out of ten you can do this with a break of one minute between shots?
            You know Terry I have just been thinking about the discussion about striking centre ball, you have to do as you say every shot, so I will repeat myself again. IMPOSSABLE !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I think the thing is Ronnie might be using side on every shot but when he's trying to hit centre ball I'll bet it's the smallest trace of side and well within the margin of error for the pocket.

Hi Terry, I would like to know how many times out of ten you can do this with a break of one minute between shots? Not many I bet. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• What do you mean by centre ball ?? Are you talking about the exact precise dead centre

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                  What do you mean by centre ball ?? Are you talking about the exact precise dead centre
                  Well are you striking centre ball or just off centre. If you are striking centre it is centre if you are striking off centre that is side isn't it.?

Comment

• I think that ste meant the dot of the centre, or centre line.

Comment

• I knew you were going to say that. Your talking about hitting the dead centre of the cue ball down to the 0.0000001 mm the absolute dead centre aren’t you. Of course your not going to hit that every time I t would be absolutely ludicrous to think someone could there’s always a fraction of side on any shot but it’s that small it’s not noticeable and imo doesn’t effect the shot

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                        I knew you were going to say that. Your talking about hitting the dead centre of the cue ball down to the 0.0000001 mm the absolute dead centre aren’t you. Of course your not going to hit that every time I t would be absolutely ludicrous to think someone could there’s always a fraction of side on any shot but it’s that small it’s not noticeable and imo doesn’t effect the shot
                        That's what I have been trying to tell everybody, but you know it makes a big difference over distance. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• I have to disagree I think I can hit the cue ball close enough to absolute dead centre without it having any noticeable effect on the cue ball.

Comment

• Suggestion :- use a spot ball and a ball mark to reposition every single shot in a frame or even a session and make a final verdict. 300+ posts to realise what centre means? Reality = you can't see it on a white cue ball...
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Best way to hit center ball. Get a tip size or broom the same circumference as the cue ball. And boom, centre strike Every time..

On a serious note, ste bed is correct

Comment

That's what I have been trying to tell everybody, but you know it makes a big difference over distance. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                                You would need a 1mm tip to hit true centre then as a 10mm tip would hit to much of the ball. Your right about one thing though you can’t hit dead centre every time nobody can where not robots. But I do think better players can get close enough that you can’t see or the shot be effected by the marginal side that would be applied to the cue ball. And there’s no technique in the world that can solve it we’re human there’s always going to be some marginal error

Comment

Working...
                                X