No announcement yet.

Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you watch Roy's video and I've watched it loads of times now....He says everyone's eyes are different. The eyes may see a straight shot dead centre of white, but what your cueing arm does is another matter...

Here's my point.

If you listened to McManus in commentary on the Williams/Murphy game he said with regards to Willo's new technique, ie, SightRight, that he was "trusting" his eyes and then getting down on the line.

Your eyes may see one thing, but your cueing arm may do another! It's all about straight cueing...

If you're seeing the dead centre of the CB, but then get down and play and find it misses or goes off in diff direction, you've not hit it dead centre! What Roy I think is saying is don't try and hit dead centre if you can't deliver the cue relatively straight....I've tried it and having a tiny trace of side makes no difference to the shot unless you cue the shot really poorly!
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Chris I think I follow what you're saying however the point made by many already on this thread is that if you aim for centre ball and actually hit just off centre then it will be the same if you aim to play the shot with side... you still won't hit the cue ball where you're aiming.

My opinion and i'm sure yourself and Roy will be able to understand this, is that a player is better off trying to hit centre ball and hitting just off centre than aiming to play with side and playing with more or less side than is wanted.
      The reason for this is that every table (certainly in our local league) plays differently, the cloths play differently. For example heavy cloths require more effort to play with side than the cloths on our star tables where traces of side suffice.
      Using Roy's teachings a player would be all over the place trying to adapt from one table to the next, using the standard method of 'trying' to hit as close to centre ball a player would have less trouble adapting.

If Roy can get anybody to play the game better by playing getting somebody to play with side rather than centre ball striking on a tight, reactive star table i'll snap my cue in half because it just isn't possible.

Best regards Tom of Tom's snooker secrets.
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
        WOW!!! that's some list, do/did you practice with them?
        They may tell you that they don't, but no good telling you as you are set in your ways, but they all do. Anyway all the best to you, perhaps you will be playing them for real one day. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
          they may tell you that they don't, but no good telling you as you are set in your ways, but they all do.
          no they don't....
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

He's played a lot with Pottr too...

pick of the bunch

Alrocco is full of ****. Proper wind up merchant. Hasn't said anything constructive at all.

He should post a video to explain... but won't coz he knows he's talking tosh.

ignore him and he'll go away

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              He's played a lot with Pottr too...

pick of the bunch

Alrocco is full of ****. Proper wind up merchant. Hasn't said anything constructive at all.

He should post a video to explain... but won't coz he knows he's talking tosh.

ignore him and he'll go away
              Perhaps you will learn one day, its clear you don't understand the game, but all the best anyway. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

Stick hits white...

white hits ball...

ball in pocket...

https://youtu.be/THNPmhBl-8I

Comment

• You are unbelievably rude Roy. How dare you tell people "you don't understand the game" or accuse people of lying when they have played with professionals. You lose any shred of credit you have on this site by saying such things. All it does is make people realise how much BS you talk as you resort to attacking them. Its embarrassing Roy for a man of your age.
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Hello.

Try to hit centre of the white. You won't quite hit it, we're all human, nobody does. But, with practice and a good cue action you'll be close enough. As you improve, your own brain will compensate for any slight nuances in your own game.

So, aim centre, poke the little white ball. With hours of learning, your own brain will get better and better at executing a snooker shot.

Cheers.
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      Chris I think I follow what you're saying however the point made by many already on this thread is that if you aim for centre ball and actually hit just off centre then it will be the same if you aim to play the shot with side... you still won't hit the cue ball where you're aiming.

My opinion and i'm sure yourself and Roy will be able to understand this, is that a player is better off trying to hit centre ball and hitting just off centre than aiming to play with side and playing with more or less side than is wanted.
                      The reason for this is that every table (certainly in our local league) plays differently, the cloths play differently. For example heavy cloths require more effort to play with side than the cloths on our star tables where traces of side suffice.
                      Using Roy's teachings a player would be all over the place trying to adapt from one table to the next, using the standard method of 'trying' to hit as close to centre ball a player would have less trouble adapting.

If Roy can get anybody to play the game better by playing getting somebody to play with side rather than centre ball striking on a tight, reactive star table i'll snap my cue in half because it just isn't possible.

Best regards Tom of Tom's snooker secrets.
                      It's not side though as I think of it...It's a trace...Barely half a tip, as Roy points out in the video.

I think some people get confused by that....

When I hit the bullseye in darts (hardly ever) but just left of it or just right of it, it's still the bullseye....

My point originally was the eyes see centre, but the cue arm doesn't necessarily strike it centre...
                      Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                        Stick hits white...

white hits ball...

ball in pocket...

https://youtu.be/THNPmhBl-8I
                        Very funny you tube.

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                          My point originally was the eyes see centre, but the cue arm doesn't necessarily strike it centre...
                          The hand follows the eye, that's the basis of hand/eye co-ordination. An awful lot of players are looking at the contact point on the OB when getting down into their stance and addressing the cue ball and it's this that leads to not being able to play centre cue ball for many of those players, not all but a large percentage, and then when down they find they are cueing across the line of aim.
                          I would strongly advocate looking at the OB when placing the feet and until halfway down and then focussing on centre cue ball when addressing tip to cue ball until finally down. Then, seeing as the hand will follow the eye and the cue is being held in the hand, the tip will go to the centre of the cue ball and then when looking up and focussing on the contact point on the OB the cue ball will then travel to the contact point on the OB.
                          Pointing the tip of the cue at the contact point of the object ball can only work on dead straight shots, and adjusting your game to play with side every time to compensate for this alignment error is only going to work spasmodically,

You don't have to think, you only have to look and see, all the best vmax of hand/eye co-ordination secrets.
                          Last edited by vmax; 27 March 2018, 09:39 AM.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            He has just missed a sitter (at 9-4 up) which with helping side would have gone in....
                            Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            Maybe he was in two minds and aimed for side but played centre ball hence the thicker contact.

Yep, that is what I was getting at.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                              You are unbelievably rude Roy. How dare you tell people "you don't understand the game" or accuse people of lying when they have played with professionals. You lose any shred of credit you have on this site by saying such things. All it does is make people realise how much BS you talk as you resort to attacking them. Its embarrassing Roy for a man of your age.
                              i'm not sure that he himself is responding to the comments, watching him he doesn't seem the kind of guy to respond in this manner. it could be the guy behind the camera

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                                You are unbelievably rude Roy. How dare you tell people "you don't understand the game" or accuse people of lying when they have played with professionals. You lose any shred of credit you have on this site by saying such things. All it does is make people realise how much BS you talk as you resort to attacking them. Its embarrassing Roy for a man of your age.
                                I am not a rude man in the slightest, I like to think I am the opposit, so how you can make such a statement like that when you have never met me. As for you saying that I tell people that they are lying you are VERY much mistaken. But I will say one thing I speak as they speak to me. So whoever you are learn how to speak to your elders.

Comment

Working...
                                X