• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
    Trump to win 9-6
    I should have gone to the bookies :apathy:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Anyway... A few weeks until the next event with matches of medium length now, but quite a bit of short-format snooker until then as well, starting tomorrow. :smile:
      The shoot-out has really grown on me but the crowds belong in a zoo. They should quash the booze.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Play it without the crowd would make it a little better !
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          The shoot-out has really grown on me but the crowds belong in a zoo. They should quash the booze.
          No , the Shoot-Out is a unique experience, a one -off . The fact that the crowd are so vocal gives the edge of atmosphere , not dissimilar to a live football match crowd. The players know what to expect and similar to the austere silence of the German Masters, it is the player who can zone in on the table and eliminate all extraneous interference that will do well. It is the exact juxtaposition to Trump being irritated when the prize giving party were heard near the end of the match in Germany. He (and the others ) must take it as a given there will be vocal anarchy all around him , accept it and learn to concentrate. Sport is all about concentration . Sir Jackie Stewart was the guru of concentration , his mindset would serve a talented snooker player well.

Comment

No , the Shoot-Out is a unique experience, a one -off . The fact that the crowd are so vocal gives the edge of atmosphere [...]
            I didn't mean quash the booze so we have a typical silent crowd. I meant quash the booze to deter the lager louts.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              I didn't mean quash the booze so we have a typical silent crowd. I meant quash the booze to deter the lager louts.

Billy I agree 100% with you , they should quash the booze

Comment

Billy I agree 100% with you , they should quash the booze
                Oh. I misunderstood your last post then.

Comment

Working...
                X