No announcement yet.

2020 Snooker Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They must ship in morons for this. I don't mind a rowdy crowd, i've been to the darts a few times, and go to the Mosconi Cup, which is partisan and noisy, but this is just annoying.

Comment

How embarrassing for Zhou Yuelong, whitewashed in two ranking finals in a row. :wink:

Comment

Okay, that's my curiosity satisfied. Now I'll quickly turn off the TV before White starts speaking again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          They must ship in morons for this. I don't mind a rowdy crowd, i've been to the darts a few times, and go to the Mosconi Cup, which is partisan and noisy, but this is just annoying.
          I’m afraid I find darts crowds equally as annoying. Probably more so for their lairiness.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            The extent to which native English speakers are able to butcher the name Haotian really amazes me. It's even worse then usual tonight. They used to just say Haoshan, but now I'm hearing Hooshan, or something to that effect.

You're not pronouncing Tian Pengfei as Shan Pengfei, are you? So why the need to modify the "tian" in Haotian?
            yep, drives me mad with Tian Haotian's name specifically; I don't know where this came but whey, oh why, don't they ask the man himself!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There were some proper bellends shouting out .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

yep, drives me mad with Tian Haotian's name specifically; I don't know where this came but whey, oh why, don't they ask the man himself!
                This one commentator also says: "China Ropen" and "Thepchaiya Run-Nooh."

But apart from this it was the best Snooker Shootout ever, wasn't it? Some really thrilling frames. Congratulations to Mr. Holt and family.

Comment

Back to some proper snooker tonight. ITV4 at 6.45 pm. ( No Ronnie).
                  Last edited by Nifty50; 24 February 2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                    Back to some proper snooker tonight. ITV4 at 6.45 pm. ( No Ronnie).
                    Great! The silence will be heavenly!
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Great! The silence will be heavenly!
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Unfortunately the silence will be, to a large extent, down to the fact there’ll probably be about half a dozen people in the crowd

Comment

Unfortunately the silence will be, to a large extent, down to the fact there’ll probably be about half a dozen people in the crowd
                          Just been watching a bit of Selby-Williams - there were actually more than half a dozen present!

Comment

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post

Just been watching a bit of Selby-Williams - there were actually more than half a dozen present!
                            Yeah, better turn out than most of these lesser tournaments, but then it is a tiny venue.

Ever the pessimist.

Comment

Yeah, better turn out than most of these lesser tournaments, but then it is a tiny venue.

Ever the pessimist.
                              Actually though half a dozen might well be right as regards Ding-Maguire on the neighbouring table ....

Comment

Working...
                              X