• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    maybe it is on his other waistcoat?
    Yes, could be.

Comment

Trump O'Sullivan World Final please.
      Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

No table tapping? They got beef?
        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
          Trump O'Sullivan World Final please.
          It looks like that could be a possibility. With the rankings like they are at the moment, O'Sullivan lands in the same quarter as Mark Williams, which is very favourable. But a good result from Selby here pushes O'Sullivan into Robertson's quarter of the draw, which is of course a completely different story.

One lucky player will also get Jack Lisowski in the last16, just one spot away from getting the likes of Ding, Bingham or Gilbert instead. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

One lucky player will also get Jack Lisowski in the last16, just one spot away from getting the likes of Ding, Bingham or Gilbert instead. :smile:
            I'd like to know why he got sponsored by the grove ten years ago and what he's done to justify staying with them for a decade , going through his wiki page i see he made the ic semi in 2018 but i can't think of a more underwhelming player knocking on the door of the top 10 .

Comment

The second session today is going to be a nail biter!

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                I'd like to know why he got sponsored by the grove ten years ago and what he's done to justify staying with them for a decade , going through his wiki page i see he made the ic semi in 2018 but i can't think of a more underwhelming player knocking on the door of the top 10 .
                I didn't mean that to sound like criticism of Lisowski, he does have some decent results in the last two seasons to keep him in the top 16 (the final of the China Open most notably), but it's still a huge difference between drawing him or drawing Bingham in the last 16 at the Crucible, even though they couldn't be closer in ranking points. Same thing with Mark Williams at number 3, I'm sure whoever draws him in the last 16 or the last 8 will feel like they could have got something a lot tougher.

Comment

Been watching this evening and Trump had a ball roll off between the pink and black spot ,commentators and Hendry all thought it was a slate join ,this is not the first time this has happened recently ,I saw one when someone, can't remember who rolled up behind the brown ,the cue ball hit the slate join and just veered off .Ok these aren't the best tables in the world ,but the fitters should be able to level a table .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                    Been watching this evening and Trump had a ball roll off between the pink and black spot ,commentators and Hendry all thought it was a slate join ,this is not the first time this has happened recently ,I saw one when someone, can't remember who rolled up behind the brown ,the cue ball hit the slate join and just veered off .Ok these aren't the best tables in the world ,but the fitters should be able to level a table .
                    that was Jimmy - or at least I recall Jimmy being caught out

often the tables are on a suspended floor and often on acro-supports as well.

for the Jiimy occurrence which I believe was at a WSC, the acros had settled a bit after the table had been fitted and before a cloth fit
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                      There won't be a slate join there, if it's dead weight a finger mark or piece of chalk will make a ball roll off.
                      sorry just ignore that had it in my head you meant a joint on the bulk line.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 21 June 2020, 08:33 PM.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

with five slates there is a slate join in the pink to black spots area, is there not?
                        and there is another just above short of the baulk line
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          with five slates there is a slate join in the pink to black spots area, is there not?
                          and there is another just above short of the baulk line
                          Yes there is ,I checked on my table and looked at the footage ,it would appear the joint is around about where the ball rolled off ,and in that direction going towards the side cushion would explain it .Any slight proud slate joint that was even just a bit out by a fraction would and should be picked up by the heavy iron running across the bed ,you would feel it ,if that table was left in a club or a house for a long period then the slate joints would eventually show their position with a faint line on the cloth .Never a good idea to vacuum a table as it can remove some of the soft slate joint filler .

Comment

Definitely something fishy going on with the tables, almost takes away from the achievements players are making when breaking centuries in a season records etc.
                            The new cloth will help of course but there is so much variation tournament to tournament, players and commentators won't admit that tables play easily as it's diminishing the difficulty of their profession, but the tables are generous.

I've found going from club to club that Star tables all supposedly with the same template seem to play completely different, Selby's star at our club is fair, if you're accurate you get them but I remember playing on there to practice for the pink ribbon last year and noticing the difference when getting to SWSA, the Star tables were incredibly generous but supposedly had the same template as Mark's.

Not sure about anybody else but i'd like the pockets to be tighter, I find the frames where players miss to be much more interesting than a break-fest, the standard in Higgins v Trump yesterday was horrific, the first 4/5 frames were similar to good club players but it was enjoyable to watch them struggle and squirm under pressure even on a generous table. It'd be nice to see players miss more but I guess when it gets to the TV stages Barry wants people to witness breaks.
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

One stat I found facinating last night was that John Higgins has remained it the top 16 for 25 seasons or did I mis hear, if so that is some acheivement.
                              Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

To me the table set up differences are just down to human error, I watched a video where the fitter took the template pushed it into the pocket opening and said , it should be a snug fit. Well a snug fit is open to interpretation, even from the same fitter on different days that could mean ever so slightly tighter or looser.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X