No announcement yet.

2020 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All referees should have a pencil and the ball marker that allows for the pencil mark to be made but for some reason they just dont.
    I dont know if it is from on-high to not used what has been around for many years or lack of training by said on-high?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Also vmax, it is not "all players" but as with most things the minority ruin it for the majority

Comment

Well, the miss the rule may have originated from players playing blatant non-attempts when snookered, but to say that calling a miss nowadays means the referee considers the player in question to be a cheater is incredibly misleading, if not downright silly. The miss rule is mainly there to stop players playing low-risk shots that are still genuine attempts but have a lower chance of actually hitting the ball. I don't think the people who want the rule removed can fully grasp all the consequences that would have.

And replacing the balls is really a non-issue as well. It takes a minute. If you don't have the attention span to sit through that, I can't imagine why you would enjoy something as slow paced as snooker in the first place. :wink:

Comment

Nice win for Dominic there... some surely disappointing early outs in the last weeks for Mark Allen after he was doing so well early/mid-season
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Great victory for Dominic and a surprising one as well .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Luca and Tian had a decider and a respot black.
              Tian played the balls to the side cushions, Luca doubled the black into the corner pocket.

Comment

Some much needed ranking points for Gerard Greene as well , a nice win over Daniel Wells .

Comment

Ronnie back using his leather cue case , last match he was using a metal cue craft .

Comment

For once many of the favourites survived the early rounds of this Home Nations event. Only Allen and Gilbert out of the Top 10 so far.
                    Hawkins also gone already. Could be close with him staying in the Top 16 after this season. Needs a good World Championship again.

Comment

I heard he came with two cues, the current latest one and an older cue.

Comment

Ah , that would explain it Dean .

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                          Ronnie back using his leather cue case , last match he was using a metal cue craft .
                          courtesy of a few shillings from JP no doubt! ; )
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Shock horror!
                            the bbc commentators both have "not seen Igor play much before"

And Virgo, Igor learnt on a 10ft table because that is the size they use for "Brazilian snooker".

Comment

I am sure Igor has been on the tour before this season.
                              I do wish the commentators would do some research outside from sitting in the booth.

Comment

Well done Igor

Comment

Working...
                                X