No announcement yet.

Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed listening to Joe Perry's commentary today. Shame he isn't playing too
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Got it! It suddenly dawned on me who Dave Farra sounds like. He sounds like Jon Culshaw doing an impression of a typical snooker commentator.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That was a bit weird just then, when they were discussing Virgo’s absence and Hendry said in a really forlorn voice, “Yeah, he’s sadly missed in the commentary box.”

I thought he was just stranded in Spain, but Hendry made it sound like he’d died!
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Joe perry is insightful and enjoyable to listen to. Dave is a stream of generic cliched crap, valueless. Typical bull**** decision by the bbc.
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Which genius chose Dave... any number of better commentators that actually know something. Why can’t they wire up Virgo in Spain? Is that fking beyond them?
            Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Got it! It suddenly dawned on me who Dave Farra sounds like. He sounds like Jon Culshaw doing an impression of a typical snooker commentator.
              :biggrin: That's all I can hear now. Rob Walker sounds like Hugh Dennis on a Mock The Week segment.
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                Which genius chose Dave... any number of better commentators that actually know something. Why can’t they wire up Virgo in Spain? Is that fking beyond them?
                Good point because he doesn't need to be there. Just needs a few TV screens and decent internet connection and I'm sure he would be up for it if the BBC cover costs. It's not the same without him.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• I heard that Maflin was involved in a car accident in 2010 and he has a metal plate in his shoulder. It has no effect on his game which is great.

Comment

• Hard luck Kurt, nice max attempt.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      Hard luck Kurt, nice max attempt.

-
                      Tom Ford first and now Maflin. There is some sort of a 147 jinx this year!

Comment

• The ref just warned Kurt that if there were any more gestures from him he'd lose the frame. What is she talking about, which gestures?

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

The ref just warned Kurt that if there were any more gestures from him he'd lose the frame. What is she talking about, which gestures?

-
                          He gave the cue ball his middle finger salute for missing position on the black during his 147 attempt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

He gave the cue ball his middle finger salute for missing position on the black during his 147 attempt.
                            Bloody ridiculous. Thanks fkhan.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I wish someone would move the wire that's dangling in front of that camera.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Bloody ridiculous. Thanks fkhan.

-
                                What’s ridiculous? The gesture, the warning, or the punishment?

I wouldn’t say the warning was ridiculous. In fact I’d have been surprised if he hadn’t been warned. It’s not what we want to see in snooker, is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X