No announcement yet.

Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the seeds are lucky that some of the better players in qualifying suffered the same lack of match practice issue and didn't get through. I think most of the seeds will get through in the same unconvincing manner as Ding and Judd, then hopefully the snooker will improve in round 2

To me, it's like returning to school after a long summer break in that year when many hit puberty. You returned to school and some kid's voices had broken, some had shot up 5 inches and others had grown a pair of tits It took a few days to get used to everyone's changes

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Wikipedia says it is Dave Farrah. Apparently he's a football commentator
      Yes, that's the guy. Here's a video of him. That's the voice.
      https://youtu.be/NiNb-ChxtW0

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
        Mark williams just said he’s never going to retire and will play until he falls off tour .

Oh my god the surprise , where else is a middle aged balding welshman who’se done nothing else for the last 30 years earn + 100k a year with relative ease , bollox to covid 19 hold that front page !!
        Well that's you off his Christmas card list
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Robertson...wow!! There’s your winner!

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Well that's you off his Christmas card list
            do you know ' peers ' neil and glenny's kinnock can take home nearly 50,000 tax free a year each for an average 145 days in the chamber , i'll have some o that !! :smile:

Comment

• Neil Robertson opens up with a 16 ball total clearance with a 140 and the equalled highest break of the TV Stages so far, Neil is only the second player to make a 16 ball total clearance at the crucible, The first been Steve James with a 135 16 total ball clearance in the first round in 1990 against the great late Alex Higgins.
              Last edited by Mr Snooker; 2 August 2020, 10:22 AM.
              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                Neil Robertson opens up with a 16 ball total clearance with a 145 and the highest break of the TV Stages so far, Neil is only the second player to make a 16 ball total clearance at the crucible, The first been Steve James with a 135 16 total ball clearance in the first round in 1990 against the great late Alex Higgins.
                I think it was a break of 140.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wemba View Post

Yes, that's the guy. Here's a video of him. That's the voice.
                  https://youtu.be/NiNb-ChxtW0
                  I’ve no wish to offend the bloke, but quite literally within seconds of hearing him he was right up there with the most annoying commentators. He sounds like a parody of a snooker commentator. Like the kind of thing you’d hear on a comedy sketch show.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I did’t know Turkeys need Dentist’s?? interesting sponsor there Neil! Lol

Comment

• I notice they’ve introduced canned applause at the end of frames. Let’s hope they keep it to that and don’t start using it for ‘good’ shots etc.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Liang’s escape from the snooker was first rate and deserved applause. But the ‘applause’ effect sounds like someone rattling a few bolts around in a tin can.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wemba View Post
                          Liang’s escape from the snooker was first rate and deserved applause. But the ‘applause’ effect sounds like someone rattling a few bolts around in a tin can.
                          Indeed. If they’re going to use it why not just grab a sample from last year’s championship and use that??

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

do you know ' peers ' neil and glenny's kinnock can take home nearly 50,000 tax free a year each for an average 145 days in the chamber , i'll have some o that !! :smile:
                            They don't even have to be there, sign in then go home ?385 in the back pocket!
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Snooker is such a fascinating sport.

Liang got outplayed by Robertson in basically every element of the game this session, yet he trails only 4-5 and has a realistic shot to win this match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                I'm sure Mark King is a nice bloke but he's a very difficult snooker player to watch, out of position every three shots, messes up the colours with his safety, glad he's out. Is it true what Steve Davis said that they're spraying the cue ball with some sort of antiseptic because the players have to handle it.
                                It's bound to cause more kicks, why not tell all players they have to use a cue glove on their bridge hand and only handle the cue ball with that, plus hand sanitiser and new glove every time they leave and re-enter the arena, they can even shake hands.
                                The idea is to stop transmission caused by players touching their mouth, nose, eyes, coughing into their hands, etc then contaminating by touch. Gloves don't really help there, they're just another skin as it were, equally capable of holding on to and spreading nasties, but not as easy to sanitise as bare hands. Mind you, they might stop some players constantly shoving their hands into their mouths and chomping on them, ay Mr. Slessor.

-
                                Last edited by PatBlock; 2 August 2020, 01:01 PM.
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X