Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

Odrl just curious did you get any reasoning why maflin didn't take that plant on 63 ?
    I watched it without sound, so not sure what the commentators were saying. I thought he would play on the plant too. Maybe he was worried he wouldn't be able to get to it after the pink was respotted?

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

shaun murphy in 2005
      Thanks. That was his first world title I guess.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I watched it without sound, so not sure what the commentators were saying. I thought he would play on the plant too. Maybe he was worried he wouldn't be able to get to it after the pink was respotted?
        but playing on a red was his next shot , i'll watch it again later no worries

Comment

• glad higgins is out , great player , but a greedy fat cat who puts money before anything else , he was so lucky to not get a lifetime ban , cummon Kurt get in !

Comment

• I've just watched that sequence again. I was actually looking at the other plant, to the left corner, which was dead set with no distance between the reds, but it was awkward to get to once the pink was back on its spot. The plant that Higgins took after Maflin's miss looked easy enough as well, and Maflin actually had the white in roughly the same position as Higgins did. Not sure why he would play the tricky red to the middle instead.

Comment

• Just a quick question for the in the knows on here. Is Mark Williams Left or right handed ? Is he like Trump, As he plays snooker left handed but I saw, this on YouTube and he's playing darts ( pretty well) right handed
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9pB1Ubif6tc
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I'm certainly not an expert. Here's my point of view. He may be ambidextrous. I don't know if you watch cricket or not but we have a few players who bowl and bat differently. For example Sourav Gangly, the former Indian Cricket Captain bowled right handed and batted left handed.

Comment

• If Judd can get this act together, the first half has totally opened up. Will be interesting to see how Kyren plays, totally cold

Right now, Ronnie walks it if no one else gets into gear

Comment

• considering the table I thought John would win that last frame after Maflin's break, disappointing loss for me as I was rooting for him and this morning session looked like he had turned the tables.

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                    glad higgins is out , great player , but a greedy fat cat who puts money before anything else , he was so lucky to not get a lifetime ban , cummon Kurt get in !
                    these comments are truly inexcusable considering the whole thing has been clarified at length.

Comment

I find this whole business a little irrational. If players are going to sit next to each other without masks on, then play on the same table and touch virtually every inch of it in the process, having them use different equipment is not going to make any difference, is it? I think it's a classic case of trying to appear to be doing something useful, but really it's just a waste of time and effort.
                      that's exactly what it is...

Comment

• With today's technology, no you can't have live crowds there, yes you can have a heap of huge screens with fans logged in via zoom or similar. Players can see fan reactions

They can hear the fans (only between shots and inbetween frames) and any inappropriate fans get booted off the system, simple as

Comment

• That's what the NBA is doing, or something similar anyway. Looks pathetic to be honest, but if people are willing to pay for it... Personally, I'd rather watch the TV coverage than pretend I am there in person when I am really not. :smile:

Comment

• Maflin didn't seem to want to even look at Higgins at the end there. These elbow bumps are ridiculous.
                            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

That's what the NBA is doing, or something similar anyway. Looks pathetic to be honest, but if people are willing to pay for it... Personally, I'd rather watch the TV coverage than pretend I am there in person when I am really not. :smile:
                              Well you do watch the tv coverage while pretending to be there

Comment

The plant that Higgins took after Maflin's miss looked easy enough as well, and Maflin actually had the white in roughly the same position as Higgins did. Not sure why he would play the tricky red to the middle instead.

The bbc highlights starts on this at higgins cueing up and potting this plant after maflin’s miss on 63 ,dennis taylor says ‘’ well i’m surprised he didn’t play the plant , it was unmissable , so that was a strange choice from kurt ‘’ , and then ‘’ i didn’t expect him to miss the red to middle to be fair , he only needed the red and the pink , so i don’t blame him for not having a go at the plant ‘’ .

This is what i find irritating about taylor as a commentator , its like he’s scared of saying anything contentious in order to be everyone's friend , at the expense of good honest analytical commentary . :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X