2020 World Grand Prix - B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

It's a bit more complicated than that Steve. From what I saw of you on the video you posted a while ago I'd say you're a naturally skinny bloke, like me. I can eat whatever I want and still hover around 9-1/2 10 stone regardless. It's not so easy for some people, genetics play a huge part in determining our apatite and body shape, this is scientifically proven. We are evolutionally predisposed to gorge on fat and sugar when we come across them, because they were once rare resources, because of this they can be highly addictive. Us skinny types would have actually struggled to survive in the long and distant past because we do not have this urge to gorge or the ability to store fat to the same degree. But the real killer these days is the industry that exploits this trait, the addictiveness of fat and sugar is used to generate billion dollar profits by all of the major consortiums, the same consortiums who own the drug companies that make all of the expensive drugs and procedures to 'cure' us when we succumb to their evil machinations. Have you seen the adverts encouraging us all to overindulge this Christmas? Playing on our need for relief from this horrific year, all the shelves rammed with brightly packaged killer junk food? KFC proudly announcing their "Greedy Bucket", it never ends.

Yes, of course personal responsibility plays a big part in all of this, but for a lot of people it's not so easy when this stuff is being constantly pushed at them. They could do with a little help from their governments to stem the flow, but that's unlikely when you consider how much money they get in taxes from the food and drug companies and of course their own individual personal profits from shares and the like in the same. They'd love nothing more than to privatise our health service so we could be like the US, profits for pushing the junk, profits for pushing the pills, and round and around they go, generating money and misery in equal and vast proportions.

-
    When I went to secondary school in the late 1960's there was one fat kid in the whole school of 400 boys, Alan Mutter he was called and when we played football in the playground he was in goal 'cos he couldn't run. It was the 1960's and still a post war time of austerity, and football was all we boys had, but also at this time people ate differently than they do now due to food being the most expensive item on the family budget. There were very few processed foods and our mothers stayed at home and looked after the house and cooked. Times have changed and the selling off of the council houses and the huge price hikes in property mean that both parents now work to pay off those forty year mortgages, the very young are handed over to strangers in pre school, given a game boy or its equivalent to keep them quiet at home and grow up feeling unwanted and many turn to eating to quell that nipple reflex, something in the mouth for comfort which is the main problem in getting overeaters and smokers to quit.

Food is too cheap now, especially the junk variety. Fat and sugar combined in a single food is not found naturally in nature, it's purely man made and therefore evolution has not prepared us for it's effects. Everyone can gain huge weight by eating too much of this stuff but also lose it by leaving it out of the diet completely and exercising.
    Ronnie runs, Judd works out, Neil is a vegan and as for Selby, I don't know but he clearly looks after himself. The likes of Higgins, Allen, Murphy, Bingham etc should find themselves something active to do outside snooker rather than playing video games or online gambling while gorging on takeaways in their hotel room. Deliveroo and Just Eat need taking down

My parents generation are the ones who have put the average age of a human life to where it is now, they went without rich foods during and immediately after the war through rationing and the wholoe country was healthier as a result, those who didn't smoke that is. My generation will carry it on, but after that the fatties will bring it down and the NHS (if still there) will be saved as very few will live as long or longer than their three score years and ten with all that cholesterol in their systems.
    There are so many of them now its seen as normal, they are catered for by all sorts of businesses and mollycoddled by the likes of Oprah Winfrey telling them that big is beautiful, telling a fat person to lose weight is seen as bullying and offensive rather than offering good and proper advice. Have you watched the news during covid and noticed just how many fat nurses and doctors there are in the NHS surely they should know better, after all they're treating the effects of obesity everyday, and if they're working as hard as they claim how come they're so fat ? I despair I really do

At work this week a woman who's at least five stone overweight called a bloke who's about ten stone overweight a fat b*stard, irony isn't dead.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

@vmax.

Yes, all that as well. But as I say, they're not being helped by the billion dollar industry pushers who exploit people's vulnerabilities and know exactly which buttons to push.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Jack or Selby then people, who's your money on?

Heart says Jack, money says Selby.....
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yep sums it up for me CC
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

If that first frame is anything to go by Jack could be in with a good chance tonight.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

When I went to secondary school in the late 1960's there was one fat kid in the whole school of 400 boys, Alan Mutter he was called and when we played football in the playground he was in goal 'cos he couldn't run. It was the 1960's and still a post war time of austerity, and football was all we boys had, but also at this time people ate differently than they do now due to food being the most expensive item on the family budget. There were very few processed foods and our mothers stayed at home and looked after the house and cooked. Times have changed and the selling off of the council houses and the huge price hikes in property mean that both parents now work to pay off those forty year mortgages, the very young are handed over to strangers in pre school, given a game boy or its equivalent to keep them quiet at home and grow up feeling unwanted and many turn to eating to quell that nipple reflex, something in the mouth for comfort which is the main problem in getting overeaters and smokers to quit.

Food is too cheap now, especially the junk variety. Fat and sugar combined in a single food is not found naturally in nature, it's purely man made and therefore evolution has not prepared us for it's effects. Everyone can gain huge weight by eating too much of this stuff but also lose it by leaving it out of the diet completely and exercising.
              Ronnie runs, Judd works out, Neil is a vegan and as for Selby, I don't know but he clearly looks after himself. The likes of Higgins, Allen, Murphy, Bingham etc should find themselves something active to do outside snooker rather than playing video games or online gambling while gorging on takeaways in their hotel room. Deliveroo and Just Eat need taking down

My parents generation are the ones who have put the average age of a human life to where it is now, they went without rich foods during and immediately after the war through rationing and the wholoe country was healthier as a result, those who didn't smoke that is. My generation will carry it on, but after that the fatties will bring it down and the NHS (if still there) will be saved as very few will live as long or longer than their three score years and ten with all that cholesterol in their systems.
              There are so many of them now its seen as normal, they are catered for by all sorts of businesses and mollycoddled by the likes of Oprah Winfrey telling them that big is beautiful, telling a fat person to lose weight is seen as bullying and offensive rather than offering good and proper advice. Have you watched the news during covid and noticed just how many fat nurses and doctors there are in the NHS surely they should know better, after all they're treating the effects of obesity everyday, and if they're working as hard as they claim how come they're so fat ? I despair I really do

At work this week a woman who's at least five stone overweight called a bloke who's about ten stone overweight a fat b*stard, irony isn't dead.
              This is the most intelligent and profound post ever posted on this forum , Man was a NOMAD and ran to kill his dinner or to evade being killed. Its in our DNA to MOVE FFS ! the developed world is being engulfed by a Tsunami of junk and processed food. I see Shaun Murphy from time to time as I live nearish to him and play my little bit of snooker in the club where he has a table . Somebody mentioned his 2005 stance and what he weighed then and now. All athletes must remain fit but covid is being used as an excuse " sure I might be dead next year, eat and enjoy now ". Rant Over. Come on Jack !! 3-1 up . at interval

Comment

Can't see Selby coming back from 5 - 1

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

It looks like a surprise is on the way. 5 - 2 for Lisowski
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Can't see Selby coming back from 5 - 1

-
                    Ahem.... were talking about Selby here... Are you trying reverse psychology because you got money on Selby?
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Ahem.... were talking about Selby here... Are you trying reverse psychology because you got money on Selby?
                      No, he just didn't seem to be playing well enough, then he hits a 143 Jack seems to be fading somewhat, that brown

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• See, never in doubt. Well, apart from the last red. Well played Jack.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I'm very happy to see Jack reach a major final. He looks very angry out on the table and seems to get very down on himself when he loses. Hopefully this win and tomorrow's final will boost his self-belief.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            See, never in doubt. Well, apart from the last red. Well played Jack.

-
                            well i thought Jack needed a little luck to help him over the line in the end tonight, but he held his nerve really well there. I am so pleased the snooker gods seem to agree we need this guy to go further in the game.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Trump will have him on toast, 10-2 or 10-3 unfortunately. Although Judd should help Jack out as Jack could benefit far more from the extra ranking points.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                I'm very happy to see Jack reach a major final. He looks very angry out on the table and seems to get very down on himself when he loses. Hopefully this win and tomorrow's final will boost his self-belief.
                                if he wins tomorrow against Trump it takes him to a new level and anything is possible. Self belief is the final piece of the jigsaw

Comment

Working...
                                X