2020 World Grand Prix - B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

This is the most intelligent and profound post ever posted on this forum , Man was a NOMAD and ran to kill his dinner or to evade being killed. Its in our DNA to MOVE FFS ! the developed world is being engulfed by a Tsunami of junk and processed food. I see Shaun Murphy from time to time as I live nearish to him and play my little bit of snooker in the club where he has a table . Somebody mentioned his 2005 stance and what he weighed then and now. All athletes must remain fit but covid is being used as an excuse " sure I might be dead next year, eat and enjoy now ". Rant Over. Come on Jack !! 3-1 up . at interval
    Thanks for that but it's not really, it's just basic observation of social change over a lifetime. I must add that the lowering of education standards has pushed families apart in the UK as many more kids now go to university all over the country. Once in the big city they don't wish to leave so now not only are the very young palmed off to strangers in pre school but the elderly are now palmed off to strangers in care homes as their children are no longer around to pop in do a bit of caring themselves.
    People now demand free child care and free care for the elderly, just where do their responsibilities lie ? it's your children and your parents that you're neglecting for the sake of a mortgage, the banks are generating money to buy the same houses over and over again so are laughing all the way to................the bank, more irony And where are the worlds governments getting their money to pay for this pandemic, that's right, the banks.

I read that Lisowski has beaten Selby, yippee! I can watch the final tomorow now
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Finally someone "else" in a finale. Personally I prefer a good rivalry over a friendship in sport but this hopefully will be nice to watch anyway.

Lisoswkis main weakness though is and will always be his situational focus. I'm pretty sure that in his case it's not "lust a jack of centration" but some sort of deficient disorder.
      Let's see how many reds in a row he will be able to pot this time...
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Interesting to see Jack on the practice table with what appear to be a box of 3g balls? I think they are 3gs because they are in the same box as mine, would have thought it would be 1g's all the way for these guys even/especially in practice to replicate the conditions etc....?
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

[...] it's your children and your parents that you're neglecting for the sake of a mortgage [...]
          I'll give you the whole responsibility for your own child argument, but if you look at it the other way, none of us here asked for our parents, did we? We had no say in the matter.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Interesting to see Jack on the practice table with what appear to be a box of 3g balls? I think they are 3gs because they are in the same box as mine, would have thought it would be 1g's all the way for these guys even/especially in practice to replicate the conditions etc....?
            the balls supplied to WST are in the usual cardboard box, with only a sticker saying 1g
            they save the ali cases for paying-customers
            here is my box
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

I'll give you the whole responsibility for your own child argument, but if you look at the other way, none of us here asked for our parents, did we? We had no say in the matter.
              I really hope I misunderstand you Billy, because that doesn't sound very nice at all.
              Without your parents, you wouldn't exist. Does this count for nothing then?

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

the balls supplied to WST are in the usual cardboard box, with only a sticker saying 1g
                they save the ali cases for paying-customers
                here is my box
                Thanks Dean - all makes sense now!
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I really hope I misunderstand you Billy, because that doesn't sound very nice at all.
                  Without your parents, you wouldn't exist. Does this count for nothing then?

-
                  It was said partly as a joke, but only partly. I wasn't attaching any moral meaning. Just stating facts.

Also, if I'd never existed in the first place, how could I possibly feel aggrieved or robbed of my existence?
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It was said partly as a joke, but only partly. I wasn't attaching any moral meaning. Just stating facts.
                    Oh, OK. I lost both my parents fairly recently so am probably a bit sensitive on this one.

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Also, if I'd never existed in the first place, how could I possibly feel aggrieved or robbed of my existence?
                    My point was more practical than philosophical.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Oh, OK. I lost both my parents fairly recently so am probably a bit sensitive on this one.
                      I'm sorry to hear that. I often forget to engage brain before I post, even if my meaning wasn't meant to be taken literally. I lost my own mother back in May so I know that pain.

Comment

• Glad I'm not watching this precession of a snooker match.
                        At least Selby would of given Trump a game.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I often forget to engage brain before I post, even if my meaning wasn't meant to be taken literally. I lost my mother back in May so I know that pain.
                          OK mate, thanks. Also sorry for your loss.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mrman View Post
                            Glad I'm not watching this precession of a snooker match.
                            Yeah, bit disappointing, not too surprising though. Hopefully a bit of a fightback from Jack tonight.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Well done ITV, a great bit of snooker promotion at the end of the talk there on set, with the team. More of the same please!!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mrman View Post
                                Glad I'm not watching this precession of a snooker match.
                                Is that Selby who got thumped 6-2 in their last meeting?
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X