2020 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

I know Trains, it was a bit of tongue in cheek, by triple crown I was referring to his victories over the top 3 players in the rankings, Ronnie,Judd and Neil on his way to lifting the trophy

I see , the triple crown for me is a term that originates with rugby’s bill mclaren , seems a bit out of place when hazel irvine uses it in snooker .

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

I see , the triple crown for me is a term that originates with rugby’s bill mclaren , seems a bit out of place when hazel irvine uses it in snooker .
      It has different meanings for different sports i.e. for motor racing the legendary Graham Hill ( father of Damon Hill) won the Monaco GP , the Indy 500 and Le Mans. He is the first and only driver ever to achieve this feat. Fernando Alonso wishes to emulate him but is still missing the Indy 500

Comment

• Most famously I know it as US Horse Racing, the Triple Crown, Kentucky Derby, Preakness & the Belmont. It’s been around since the 1800’s

Comment

• This triple crown rubbish was invented by the BBC and rammed down our throats all the time by Hazel Irvine ,BBC cover 3 events so they big them up .When the BBC had the British open they called it the big 4 The masters is top 16 only ,even though it is prestigious it’s not a major event ,the Uk championship is really only another tournament these days as it’s long format has now gone ,the World championship is in Snooker the only real event everyone wants to win .Calling them majors like Irvine does all the time is bollox ,it’s not golf or tennis ,but I suppose if they say it enough times it’s real ,but just to remind everyone the winning players wear a cheesy crown on their waistcoats ,although I notice Ronnie doesn’t wear one .

Comment

Working...
          X