X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    I think to start, pro pocket sizing should be standardised and templates be readily available to buy. 2nd the cloth that goes on at the start of a tournament should remain to the end? Why they have this changed every few days is crazy really. As for the rest, table heating is pretty simple to add to any club table. Lighting? Not sure how much of an impact this has? Stick some crowd effect wallpaper on the walls add a few Betfred banners and play some fake crowd noise and jobs a goodun ...
    Lighting will have a big impact , in my opinion , another heat source to speed up the table .

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied

No I agree, the way they try to bring on the players like it’s a darts match makes me cringe! I don’t watch much pool so can’t really comment on that.

I thought they should keep the waistcoat? Just maybe loose the bow tie and just have open collar or a normal tie?
    I always liked it when players had normal ties in the daytime I find it cringe worthy when even players we’ve hardly heard of get a nick name when they are introduced it’s a bit pants .I don’t watch any pool ,it’s just too fluky and the skill level is not the same as snooker ,I did like to play a game of 9 ball a few years ,but find it boring to watch ..,it’s harder to miss those pockets than pot in them

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I do mate, and I absolutely agree with you and with a lot of what Judd said in that interview. There's a lot we can do to make the game more appealing to a younger audience, dress code, coverage, commentary all sorts of stuff. As long as we don't end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Like I said, snooker isn't pool or darts, which is why it gets better viewing figures, because it's snooker.

-
    No I agree, the way they try to bring on the players like it’s a darts match makes me cringe! I don’t watch much pool so can’t really comment on that.

I thought they should keep the waistcoat? Just maybe loose the bow tie and just have open collar or a normal tie?

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Mate don’t get me started on substantiating one’s posts! Nobody is interested I’m sure in what either of us are going on about. If you want to meet up in person for more discussion PM and I’ll give you my address. Maybe we could discuss over some snooker in my shed!

Enjoy the snooker!

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied

If only I wasn’t 5 years old at the time..! It would have been great to witness that back in the day. Thank god for YouTube!

As Judd says though and I’ve mentioned this before I’m sure on here and Facebook, we must remember the past as it was, in the past and stop trying to drag it into 2021. To move the game on we need to get the youngsters interested, else we’ll be stuck watching Chinese potting robots for the next 30 years.. Ask an 8year old who Steve Davis is or Dennis Taylor! You’ll see what I mean.
    I do mate, and I absolutely agree with you and with a lot of what Judd said in that interview. There's a lot we can do to make the game more appealing to a younger audience, dress code, coverage, commentary all sorts of stuff. As long as we don't end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Like I said, snooker isn't pool or darts, which is why it gets better viewing figures, because it's snooker.

-

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied

Ok... you don’t see it, that’s fine. But when 3 people get totally p’d off with you within 24 hours, surely you need to ask yourself why? All I’m saying is why not just tone it down a little? I’m sure we all appreciate your opinions even those sat just reading this twoddle and laughing into their cups of tea. People do enjoy entertainment after all!

Why don’t we agree to disagree and just move on...? No hard feelings
    So you don’t substantiate what you post about me then say i’m posting twaddle , and how on earth wasn’t it obvious that i’d find snooker entertaining being a member here over ten years with over 1300 posts , thats one of the beautiful things about pro snooker , its nuanced away from the mc donald's big macs and attention deficit characteristics thats around today with the internet , i’m getting on my high horse now to watch some of the snooker , remember earlier about what we were talking about , in a snooker forum , not a starsky or i've hurt somebody's feelings forum but a snooker forum , ok off to enjoy the snooks .

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes they were entertained, very much so, that's exactly my point.

-
    If only I wasn’t 5 years old at the time..! It would have been great to witness that back in the day. Thank god for YouTube!

As Judd says though and I’ve mentioned this before I’m sure on here and Facebook, we must remember the past as it was, in the past and stop trying to drag it into 2021. To move the game on we need to get the youngsters interested, else we’ll be stuck watching Chinese potting robots for the next 30 years.. Ask an 8year old who Steve Davis is or Dennis Taylor! You’ll see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post

when i mentioned defensive characteristics of pro sports thats all i was doing posting about appreciating the defensive characteristics of pro sports , when i posted appreciating the characteristics of professional play i was posting about appreciating the characteristics and nuance of pro snooker play , wasn't that obvious , where am i being insulting , smarmy , or getting off on a high horse , and starsky said i had an agenda yet i'm the one p****** starsky off or being mental , strange
    Ok... you don’t see it, that’s fine. But when 3 people get totally p’d off with you within 24 hours, surely you need to ask yourself why? All I’m saying is why not just tone it down a little? I’m sure we all appreciate your opinions even those sat just reading this twoddle and laughing into their cups of tea. People do enjoy entertainment after all!

Why don’t we agree to disagree and just move on...? No hard feelings

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    So the 18 million that tuned in to watch Davis and Taylor where not entertained? Don’t tell me all 18 million just appreciated a fine snooker display and skill of the players!! ROLMAO
    Yes they were entertained, very much so, that's exactly my point.

ROLMAO sounds like a pasta sauce.

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 12 April 2021, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    PatBlock sam craigie giving your dark horse hossein vafaei something of a beating so far 3 - 0 , not that surprised really , i thought he might be more of a fixture in the top 32 last year , also when he stood up and substantiated himself last year , good to appreciate the art of substantiating yourself and making sense don't you think https://www.livesnooker.com/snooker-...ing-osullivan/ , good luck to the lad
    Yeah, he's getting a good spanking, so far.... Needs a few snookers now or it's 4 - 0, got a few good ones as well, but to no avail as yet.
    I hadn't seen that interview, lol, he's certainly got a lot to say hasn't he.

-

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    So the 18 million that tuned in to watch Davis and Taylor where not entertained?
    when i mentioned defensive characteristics of pro sports thats all i was doing posting about appreciating the defensive characteristics of pro sports , when i posted appreciating the characteristics of professional play i was posting about appreciating the characteristics and nuance of pro snooker play , wasn't that obvious , where am i being insulting , smarmy , or getting off on a high horse , and starsky said i had an agenda yet i'm the one p****** starsky off or being mental , strange

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    So the 18 million that tuned in to watch Davis and Taylor where not entertained? Don’t tell me all 18 million just appreciated a fine snooker display and skill of the players!! ROLMAO

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    He isn’t the only person who fails to respond to questions bud! The fact he now won’t engage in conversation with you to tells me that he’s p’d off, I don’t have to be Einstein to figure that out.

‘but watching snooker isn't about looking for entertainment’... Really?? C’mon? Your not being serious now.. lol

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied

I wasn’t even talking about safety last night? Lol.. I just mentioned Igor was like watching paint dry, this morning I felt the need to elaborate on that for you. You interpreted my comments from last night that somehow Mikee and myself didn’t understand snooker safety and went off on a tangent about players livelihoods... As well as p*sing off Starsky in the process. Mental mate, just mental. Just needless.

As it turned out the Gloss paint had the better finish than the Matt emulsion.. as is always the case with paint! Haha
    but watching snooker isn't about looking for entertainment its about appreciating the characteristics of professional play , if watching igor is like watching paint dry which players aren't like watching paint dry , where was anyone getting on a high horse , and how did i **** of starsky , he said that playing good safety comes with experience and i said pang junxu is only 21 , how is that pissing starsky off ? he said that i had an agenda and i asked him what agenda was that and he failed to respond , whats being mental i don't understand
    Last edited by trains; 12 April 2021, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied

i was talking to you and Steve about the appreciation of defensive play in sports , not just snooker yet for some reason you've interpreted this as me insulting you , i also spoke to Steve last night again about the appreciation of defensive play yet he said i was getting on a high horse , if you were a young british lad lucky enough with access to the best facilities like jack lisowski and regularly played in pro tournaments and wanted to stay there you'd have no choice but to practice safety and improve this area , what on earth is smarmy about this , i also said to Steve he can watch other matches nowadays on various platforms like smartphones and the net and of course the betting sites are offering various matches , this is insulting him ?
    I wasn’t even talking about safety last night? Lol.. I just mentioned Igor was like watching paint dry, this morning I felt the need to elaborate on that for you. You interpreted my comments from last night that somehow Mikee and myself didn’t understand snooker safety and went off on a tangent about players livelihoods... As well as p*sing off Starsky in the process. Mental mate, just mental. Just needless.

As it turned out the Gloss paint had the better finish than the Matt emulsion.. as is always the case with paint! Haha

To add to this... It was very good to see Igor console his opponent and to wait and walk out with him, not enough of that these days! Albeit probably most due to Covid
    Last edited by Danger Steve; 12 April 2021, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X