Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Steve
    replied
    It would be nice to see some serious money invested in academies scattered around the country, ‘pooling’ quality usually leads to sharpish improvement. One radical idea would be to make snooker part of the school curriculum or at least an option for those interested, but let’s face it, that’s never going to happen with football and the other big money sports taking priority. Snooker just isn’t as appealing to kids as other sports, nor the parents dragging them to training in the pissing down rain every weekend with hopes of little Jimmy making into the Big Time!! $$$

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    I think to start, pro pocket sizing should be standardised and templates be readily available to buy. 2nd the cloth that goes on at the start of a tournament should remain to the end? Why they have this changed every few days is crazy really. As for the rest, table heating is pretty simple to add to any club table. Lighting? Not sure how much of an impact this has? Stick some crowd effect wallpaper on the walls add a few Betfred banners and play some fake crowd noise and jobs a goodun ...

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

My club has 4 Pro Star Tables which are maintained by WS , and yet these will not replicate the Tournament Tables . But they are good enough for the likes of White , Hendry and Fu and many more Pro's to practice on .

If you are wanting to progress in the game , then you must source a club with a Pro Table . It may well involve some travelling , but they are out there .

How would you suggest that young British Lads can familiarise themselves with conditions ? Are you also saying that all the Chinese Lads are playing on tables that will replicate these speeds ?, which is why their ringcraft is better ? I'm sure that the majority of them practice in Sheffield when they are over , and yet these tables will not be as fast as Tournament tables .

Finally , what would you advise Mr Hearn to do to get the young British lads up to speed with Tournament table conditions ?
    hi Neil , as what we were talking about last week i'd just open the game up with an entrance fee for a set amount of time , i think anything else is too protracted or convoluted or unrealistic and the q school is becoming something of a reflection of the lack of facilities problem , most often the winningest players are players looking to immediately bounce back because of their advantage in matchplay pro snooker .

i'm in north london , if i knew a young lad keen on becoming a pro i'd tell him to practice at the dunstable club or your's , the dunstable club is probably just as quick to get to from here , and as i've posted on this thread the example of xu si or lei peifan fretting about losing their tour place seems somewhat absurd to me , not just for the widespread understanding of the game but for lower ranked players too improving and finding their feet i'd just open it up with an entrance fee , the in's and out's of that of course is wst's handling , i don't know maybe give a set three tournaments for aspiring amateurs looking to improve their experience like the home nations tournaments or similar , these silly recent best of 3's from a public perspective would seem a good opportunity too , just throwing out ideas thats all .

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post

the 2 cushion escape from baulk clipping the reds and returning back to baulk is a common and important shot in modern pro snooker , how are young British lads meant to familiarise themselves with that shot when there's hardly any pro tables with the similar flight and speed off the cushions to replicate , do you think they would be equipped for that shot going to the q school practising from their local hurricane rooms club
    My club has 4 Pro Star Tables which are maintained by WS , and yet these will not replicate the Tournament Tables . But they are good enough for the likes of White , Hendry and Fu and many more Pro's to practice on .

If you are wanting to progress in the game , then you must source a club with a Pro Table . It may well involve some travelling , but they are out there .

How would you suggest that young British Lads can familiarise themselves with conditions ? Are you also saying that all the Chinese Lads are playing on tables that will replicate these speeds ?, which is why their ringcraft is better ? I'm sure that the majority of them practice in Sheffield when they are over , and yet these tables will not be as fast as Tournament tables .

Finally , what would you advise Mr Hearn to do to get the young British lads up to speed with Tournament table conditions ?

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Last of the best of 11 today. Serious stuff starts tomorrow with best of 19. Judgement Day as they call it (or days to be more correct). Anyone know off the top of their head when The Crucible draw is made? Being lazy. Could Google it.
    https://wst.tv/crucible-2021-draw-and-format/ ( thumbs up )

11 a.m. thursday april 15th
    Last edited by trains; 12 April 2021, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Last of the best of 11 today. Serious stuff starts tomorrow with best of 19. Judgement Day as they call it (or days to be more correct). Anyone know off the top of their head when The Crucible draw is made? Being lazy. Could Google it.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Trains keep net looking rather full today.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    I’m just saying.... you have such knowledge and opinions about the game, your wasted on here with us? No?

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied

but if you're posting about that you'll be posting about if forever , whats the point , this forum's on its arse enough without never ending whinges about something you can't do anything about , why don't you go the whole hog and start whining about neil robertson's dirty fingernails like the other poster Billy , that's as riveting a topic as you'll ever find , i don't know how he sleeps at night with all the excitement and intrigue
    Sorry what am I posting about forever? I missed that?

I asked, what are you doing to help the future of snooker??

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Hey!! Leave Neils fingernails outta this!!
    ten char

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Trains ,
    Im going to bite ....I wasn’t going to reply to you anymore because this constant tit for tat is tiresome . If it was just me and you all the time I would have a look at myself but it’s not is it, it’s pretty much you and everybody else . Maybe it’s time to have a look at yourself and the way your conduct yourself as you come across far to aggressive and seem unable to admit that your wrong or that other people have opinions . It’s a shame because as I mentioned earlier I think you have some interesting opinions .

Please don’t expect me to reply anymore to your posts directed towards me . I’m sorry it’s come to that but I’ve had enough.
    sorry you really come across like there's something lacking with you , a combination of that and your approach here being something of a microcosm as to why pro snooker is so poorly outside of the elite in Britain , if you suspected you couldn't answer me why say i'm peddling an agenda to boot , smh .

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied

but if you're posting about that you'll be posting about if forever , whats the point , this forum's on its arse enough without never ending whinges about something you can't do anything about , why don't you go the whole hog and start whining about neil robertson's dirty fingernails like the other poster Billy , that's as riveting a topic as you'll ever find , i don't know how he sleeps at night with all the excitement and intrigue
    Hey!! Leave Neils fingernails outta this!!

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied

it seems like its some kind of achievement to you that you're talking to someone about modern snooker , could you explain where i'm peddling an agenda or are you waiting for a reply off someone else again
    Trains ,
    Im going to bite ....I wasn’t going to reply to you anymore because this constant tit for tat is tiresome . If it was just me and you all the time I would have a look at myself but it’s not is it, it’s pretty much you and everybody else . Maybe it’s time to have a look at yourself and the way your conduct yourself as you come across far too aggressive and seem unable to admit that your wrong or that other people have opinions . It’s a shame because as I mentioned earlier I think you have some interesting opinions .

Please don’t expect me to reply anymore to your posts directed towards me . I’m sorry it’s come to that but I’ve had enough.
    Last edited by Starsky; 12 April 2021, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I was watching both mate, which is probably what made Igor appear dull to watch, sorry I meant to add that to my previous post.

You do tend to bring all conversations back to Hearn, World snooker or China etc etc.. Frankly I just watch for the entertainment value, I’m not into stats, or snooker politics. It’s not worth getting bent out of shape for bud! It’s not as though you can do anything about it or are even trying?? I am at least going to try and help out a few young kids from my area get free access to a decent private table because I’m in a position to do so. What are you doing?

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied

' when you talk utter ****e '
    you make out i do this often , do i ? i've asked you twice now about watching the ryan day vs louis heathcote match which you've mysteriously ignored , why didn't you just watch that match , its like you're indirectly asking people to explain professional snooker to you
    I was watching both mate, which is probably what made Igor appear dull to watch, sorry I meant to add that to my previous post.

You do tend to bring all conversations back to Hearn, World snooker or China etc etc.. Frankly I just watch for the entertainment value, I’m not into stats, or snooker politics. It’s not worth getting bent out of shape for bud! It’s not as though you can do anything about it or are even trying?? I am at least going to try and help out a few young kids from my area get free access to a decent private table because I’m in a position to do so. What are you doing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X