No announcement yet.

2021 Tour Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Phil Yates didn't try so hard to be a wordsmith and just commentate on the match in front of him. I don't think I've ever heard him giving analysis of break building. One of the most bizarre moments in the tournament was when two players come on to garage/clubbing type music at the start of the match and then Phil said the walk on music sums up the atmosphere of the tournament. Eh?
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      This tournament only threw up two Close matches ,Higgins O’Sullivan and O’Sullivan Hawkins ,the rest was one way traffic really . The crucible could be wide open this year

Trump seems to be getting beat a bit more now and looks uneasy , edgy and fed up .
      John Higgins and his purple patch from a couple of weeks ago is long gone .
      Ronnie O’Sullivan can’t buy himself a final win and is missing so many easy balls .
      Neil Robertson is playing great snooker but his crucible record ain’t great.
      mark Williams is just mark Williams ,steady and always there or there abouts .
      Selby has regressed back to no confidence again it seems
      Murphy , Allen ,Ding , McGuire have done nothing for ages and don’t seem to be contenders .

Hard one to call this year ,maybe a surprise winner .
      And last year's finalist Kyren Wilson and Bingham are inconsistent also , it does indeed look wide open . Could Yan Bingtao step up to the plate as a long shot ? he is cool under pressure . It is highly unlikely but would be good for the game to have a Chinese winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        I wish Phil Yates didn't try so hard to be a wordsmith and just commentate on the match in front of him. I don't think I've ever heard him giving analysis of break building. One of the most bizarre moments in the tournament was when two players come on to garage/clubbing type music at the start of the match and then Phil said the walk on music sums up the atmosphere of the tournament. Eh?
        He’s an absolute pain in the ass. I have to turn the sound off when he’s on.

Comment

• I felt a bit for Ronnie, granted Neil closed him out and there was nothing he could do, I bet the match with Barry took a lot out of him mentally and loosing an hours sleep prob didn't help matters, He looked tired throughout.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
            I felt a bit for Ronnie, granted Neil closed him out and there was nothing he could do, I bet the match with Barry took a lot out of him mentally and loosing an hours sleep prob didn't help matters, He looked tired throughout.
            Maybe Ronnie should knock his 5 +mile runs on the head a bit ,and put a bit more work in on the practice table .

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
              I felt a bit for Ronnie, granted Neil closed him out and there was nothing he could do, I bet the match with Barry took a lot out of him mentally and loosing an hours sleep prob didn't help matters, He looked tired throughout.
              Everything is a metaphor or a simile with him ,every sentance ,its non stop ,considering how long he's been involved in the game he seems to know f**k all about it .Seeing him on tv this week he could do with a few salads too. Neil Faulds and Ken Doherty seem to be the best out there these days imo ,Allen McManus is ok and seems a nice guy ,but its like he's talking to himself as he commentates ,he speaks and answers his own questions .

Comment

Maybe Ronnie should knock his 5 +mile runs on the head a bit ,and put a bit more work in on the practice table .
                Yeah Ronnie , your game is in tatters as you’ve only reached 5 finals .
                Personally I think Robertson was onto something in his speech with Ronnie and lack of crowd . When Ronnie has gone through a rough patch the crowd have helped him pull through and regain his A game that’s not the case now of course . Robertson also looked fresher in the evening session which I think was something to do with how easy he dispatched and his shorter semi.

Comment

• I fancy Robbo this year if he can hold it together long enough. Obviously in good form and looking fresh compared to others.

Comment

• Love watching Ronnie play ,there is no doubt he is a genius ,and it’s amazing he has reached 5 finals but at 45 as good as he is he is not the player he was ,he’s still better than anyone else and has more talent than most other players put together ,but he’s not as good as he was a few years ago ,age has caught up with him a bit .Ronnie does miss easy balls now and his long game consistency is not there ,,even Ronnie is not deluded enough to think he is as good as he was ,having said that he is still capable of winning the World title again .

Comment

Everything is a metaphor or a simile with him ,every sentance ,its non stop ,considering how long he's been involved in the game he seems to know f**k all about it .Seeing him on tv this week he could do with a few salads too. Neil Faulds and Ken Doherty seem to be the best out there these days imo ,Allen McManus is ok and seems a nice guy ,but its like he's talking to himself as he commentates ,he speaks and answers his own questions .

That seems to be almost a prerequisite to working as a commentator in snooker , i remember a few years ago dennis taylor said he’d never been to the qualifiers in prestatyn when they used to be held there , they were held there for at least a decade up until about 2012 and he’s been living in the north wales area probably going way back into the nineties , its hard to see what other sports / games that would be palatable or accepted , especially that he’s effectively getting paid tax payers money too , glad i’ve distanced myself from it now thanks to online betting streams .

Comment

• I think Robertson talent wise even in these times, is a 3 time World Champ if he sticks at it. Don't think based on his past they will follow in quick succession though.

Currently a strong contender, but I'm edging my bets a little longer.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Love watching Ronnie play ,there is no doubt he is a genius ,and it’s amazing he has reached 5 finals but at 45 as good as he is he is not the player he was ,he’s still better than anyone else and has more talent than most other players put together ,but he’s not as good as he was a few years ago ,age has caught up with him a bit .Ronnie does miss easy balls now and his long game consistency is not there ,,even Ronnie is not deluded enough to think he is as good as he was ,having said that he is still capable of winning the World title again .
                          I agree with you Mikee to a point, yes age has a lot to do with it but nothing to do with ability, he still has all the Ammo, It's the mental side of things I think Ronnie has a small prob with, IE keeping 100% concentration for prolonged periods of time.
                          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            I think Robertson talent wise even in these times, is a 3 time World Champ if he sticks at it. Don't think based on his past they will follow in quick succession though.

Currently a strong contender, but I'm edging my bets a little longer.
                            Another part of your crafty nature, ay CC.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Exactly it's relentless with Phil Yates and someone needs to tell him to cool it with all the crap and just commentate. He seems to know nothing about a Snooker brain and always goes quiet when a player is on a break. A few times last week I noticed Hendry seemed a bit embarrassed by what Phil was saying. He's like a commentator from a computer game and just says generic statements and tries to turn a match in to a football stadium sized event. Glad he's not part of the BBC team.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Another part of your crafty nature, ay CC.

-
                                and notifications are working too!! A cynic would say this can't last! Ahem....
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X