No announcement yet.

2021 Tour Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the problem with Hawkins ,he has no self belief ,he is too nice ,no edge ,plays a great game with immense talent but he is a serial loser ,I know he's won 3 ranking events but he should have won more with his game .People may not like Trump or Ronnie not heaping plaudits very often on their opponents when they get beat ,but they hate losing to people like Hawkins as they think they should not be beat by them ,Henrdy was the same , a bad loser ,but the best players are .Lesowski needs to man up too as he's heading the same way in to loserville.

Comment

Lolz!!! Don’t hold back Mikee, tell us what you really think! Love it. And I totally agree. As the saying goes ‘ Nice guys finish last’

Comment

Is this the first time that ROS won a long match (A best of 19 or more) without scoring a century?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Thats the problem with Hawkins ,he has no self belief ,he is too nice ,no edge ,plays a great game with immense talent but he is a serial loser ,I know he's won 3 ranking events but he should have won more with his game .People may not like Trump or Ronnie not heaping plaudits very often on their opponents when they get beat ,but they hate losing to people like Hawkins as they think they should not be beat by them ,Henrdy was the same , a bad loser ,but the best players are .Lesowski needs to man up too as he's heading the same way in to loserville.
          Gives a really nice interview though, so fair play.
          (sorry couldn't resist that one Mikee, I'm just joking)
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Gives a really nice interview though, so fair play.
            (sorry couldn't resist that one Mikee, I'm just joking)
            Lol yes he does ,I would give him a few more ranking points just for that

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              Is this the first time that ROS won a long match (A best of 19 or more) without scoring a century?
              Not sure, but this is Ronnie 5th final and he’s lost the last 4 ,no matter what he says this must weigh heavy on him going in to today’s match .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                As the saying goes ‘ Nice guys finish last’
                Steve Davis?

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                  As the saying goes ‘ Nice guys finish last’
                  Mark Williams, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Neil Robertson, John Parrot, Denis Taylor, all nice blokes fair to say? All but one world champions.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Mark Williams, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Neil Robertson, John Parrot, Denis Taylor, all nice blokes fair to say? All but one world champions.

-
                    Whose the one ?, all nice guys and all have been world champions I believe

Steve Davis might be a nice guy now but he wasn’t as an opponent back in the day .

Really looking forward to the final today , it should be a good match . Personally I’d like to see Robertson win only due to the fact it will give him more confidence going into the worlds . As mentioned previously he is overdue a win on the biggest of stages.
                    I’ve managed to secure a day pass to the man cave from the other half

Comment

What's going on with the camera position? Anyone else watching from the back of the arena atm?

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Steve Davis?

-
                        I don't really think Davis was nice in his pomp. More pompous. His painful response when he lost to DT was understandable but typical of him in his winning days.

After that he learned to laugh at himself more and became the nice guy we all like now.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Whose the one ?, all nice guys and all have been world champions if my memory serves me right .

Steve Davis might be a nice guy now but he wasn’t as an opponent back in the day .
                          Yes you're quite right, all WC winners, soz. My point is, you can have fire in your belly but still be a nice bloke, the two are not mutually exclusive. If you flip the argument on it's head, there are plenty of unpleasant characters in sport who amounted to nothing. Being an arsehole doesn't automatically guarantee success and being a nice person doesn't mean you'll never win anything.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I don't really think Davis was nice in his pomp. More pompous. His painful response when he lost to DT was understandable but typical of him in his winning days.

After that he learned to laugh at himself more and became the nice guy we all like now.
                            I always thought of him as a nice bloke when I was a kid, square, but nice.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yes you're quite right, all WC winners, soz. My point is, you can have fire in your belly but still be a nice bloke, the two are not mutually exclusive. If you flip the argument on it's head, there are plenty of unpleasant characters in sport who amounted to nothing. Being an arsehole doesn't automatically guarantee success and being a nice person doesn't mean you'll never win anything.

-
                              Good point there regarding the arseholes....

Comment

Cracking start to this one, could be in for a bit of a classic here.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X