2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Robertson mentiond a week ago that he dosen't want to get pulled into other players games ,and he has done just that now ,he should be blasting Wilson off the table the form he's been in recently .Not sure what it is about Wilson ,I can't seem to watch him or take to him ,the constant rubbing his cue down and shuffling up to the table is annoying ,the interviews aint much better either .Mr Missionary position ,and a bit of a wet blanket .
    Snooker Robot Mikee!!

To be fair to both players though, watching that game last night the table seemed to be playing very strangely. There were a few positional shots in particular where the white rolled off line down the middle of the table by at least a balls width! Also some of the cushion bounces looked suspect. Even watching the Bingham match when he slow rolled the white down the middle of the table to clip the edge of a red it seemed to roll away from the centre. I’d say World Snooker have done a pretty poor job of setting the tables up this year. Hopefully they’ll get the one table setup running better!

Comment

• Robertson needs to get that Peacock prance in his step that he has when he's playing well, cruising round the table at speed like he owns the gaff. That's the Robertson I want to see bossing it today!!
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I think we’ll see a different Robertson today! Peacock mode activated

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          I think we’ll see a different Robertson today! Peacock mode activated
          A haircut Would definitely help, not exactly aero dynamic is it! Must be weighing him down.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

A haircut Would definitely help, not exactly aero dynamic is it! Must be weighing him down.
            the is now a twitter account for the hair

@robbosbarnet147
            don't know how "official" it is though
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I think Wilson just killed the 'William's Break'
              Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Top sport is often decided in the head, especially in games as important as a World Championship quarterfinal. Yesterday in the evening both players, Robertson and Wilson were not playing very well and Wilson seemed to accept it better than his opponent. Robertson was just annoyed with it, while Wilson seemed to say: Ok, I'm not playing great, but I'll fight with what I have tonight. And this is what you have to do in that situation.

Of course such a bad luck for Robbo (potting a red after playing the split from the blue doesn't help him mentally).
                Last edited by JimMalone; 28 April 2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Wish i'd watched AMcG SB had to be content with Robbo and the warrior think the table had a big influence it was a hard watch, saw some highlights of Anthony McGill, bloody hell, I think he was in two Zones last night not one Brilliant fluent snooker. Back to Robbo v the warrior on bbc2 now.
                  Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    Top sport is often decided in the head, especially in games as important as a World Championship quarterfinal. Yesterday in the evening both players, Robertson and Wilson were not playing very well and Wilson seemed to accept it better than his opponent. Robertson was just annoyed with it, while Wilson seemed to say: Ok, I'm not playing great, but I'll fight with what I have tonight. And this is what you have to do in that situation.

Of course such a bad luck for Robbo (potting a red after playing the split from the blue doesn't help him mentally).
                    I think you’ve got it spot on , Robbo doesn’t seem to have a B game to fall back onto if he isn’t his normal fluent self .
                    Maybe that’s the reason why he hasn’t won more worlds due to the longer matches and the ebb and flow of a match . It’s probably why guys like McGill , Hawkins and Wilson are well suited with to this format with their more consistent game .

Comment

• This match is all about mental fortitude now, Kyrens looks good Robbos is totally gone right now.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

This match is all about mental fortitude now, Kyrens looks good Robbos is totally gone right now.
                        Your right CC , he looks totally dejected . The peacock has its feathers plucked atm I’m afraid

Comment

This match is all about mental fortitude now, Kyrens looks good Robbos is totally gone right now.
                          Yeah, after falling back to 8-10 Robertson was finished mentally. You saw it best in frame 19, when Wilson twice threw him a lifeline, but the Australian failed to catch it.

On the other table Williams has given up, but I can't blame him as Selby was running away with it. Williams now tries to pot some balls, sometimes successful, sometimes not. But he also misses enough, gives Selby chances and he takes them better than Williams.

Comment

• C’mon Robbo... you got this

Comment

• Well that’s that then!

Comment

• If that interval hadn’t come it would have been all Kent and Dover the next game . If Robbo comes out and takes the first couple of games to put Wilson under pressure then it could get interesting .

Comment

Working...
                                X