No announcement yet.

2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pleasantly surprised that balls are staying out when the players miss. Hopefully that remains the case throughout the Championship.

Comment

I like this table, looks the right template for once.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Great! So those of us who (shock horror) couldn’t give a crap about a royal funeral don’t get a choice?? The pantomime’s being shown on BBC One, but hell, let’s put it on the red button channel too!!!
        Last edited by Billy; 17 April 2021, 11:52 AM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Great! So those of us who (shock horror) couldn’t give a crap about a royal funeral don’t get a choice?? The pantomime’s being shown on BBC One, but hell, let’s put it on the red button channel too!!!
          BBC2 has started - waffle first from Davis/Parrott - at least Irvine is back

back to ES for me
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Are the tables as tight as they look, or can Mark Joyce just not pot down the cushion?

Comment

The table is definitely playing tighter than what’s been seen recently.
              More misses makes for a more exciting match , long may it continue.

Comment

Don't know what the weather is like in sheffield, but if it's anything like it is down here in devon then it's cold, dry and sunny without much moisture in the air so the tables should be playing well. I think Ronnie and Mark have a bad set of balls, too many bad contacts, easy shots missed on the thick side are an indication of that.
                Changed the cue ball from the start so the rest of them might be crap as well, Aramith's quality control needs a boost, no problems on table two, good snooker from both players there. Pockets playing tighter on table one, a few that usually drop have stayed out, good, we might get some real snooker instead of pot fest on a twelve foot by six foot 9 ball table.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

... at least Irvine is back
                  And Virgo, plus 100% crowd capacity for the final! Normal service has (almost) been resumed.

Speaking of crowds, does anyone know if the crowds will be allowed to grow gradually over the next two weeks, or will it be like this till the final?
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

And Virgo, plus 100% crowd capacity for the final! Normal service has (almost) been resumed.

Speaking of crowds, does anyone know if the crowds will be allowed to grow gradually over the next two weeks, or will it be like this till the final?
                    It’s a gradual process until 100% attendance for the final ( hopefully).

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

It’s a gradual process until 100% attendance for the final ( hopefully).
                      Great, thanks.

Gotta love the gaffatape armbands. Classy!

Comment

Great, thanks.

Gotta love the gaffatape armbands. Classy!

No expense spared in the wardrobe dept !

Comment

c'mon Gould tomorrow 10 am , wakelin tomorrow 1430 , and jones and wenbo tomorrow 1900 , you can do this wenbo just stop ******* missing !!

Comment

Jamie Jones really reminds me of comedian Jon Richardson.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              Don't know what the weather is like in sheffield, but if it's anything like it is down here in devon then it's cold, dry and sunny without much moisture in the air so the tables should be playing well. I think Ronnie and Mark have a bad set of balls, too many bad contacts, easy shots missed on the thick side are an indication of that.
                              Changed the cue ball from the start so the rest of them might be crap as well, Aramith's quality control needs a boost, no problems on table two, good snooker from both players there. Pockets playing tighter on table one, a few that usually drop have stayed out, good, we might get some real snooker instead of pot fest on a twelve foot by six foot 9 ball table.
                              Bit of a coincidence that Ronnie still uses Triangle type talk? I reduced my bad contact to near zero when I swapped to Taom.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Bit of a coincidence that Ronnie still uses Triangle type talk? I reduced my bad contact to near zero when I swapped to Taom.
                                I was totally against Taom, thought it was a shocking price and just an advertising gimmick. Got given a piece for crimbo and I will never go back, it's still way, way over priced but I've not had one kick and the table even after six or seven hours play , apart from the finger marks , it looks clean. With triangle etc after a few frames it's a mess. More than willing to say I was wrong about it and all the lads that play on our table use it now and any guests are provided with a piece to use.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X