No announcement yet.

2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played Mark and a good fight from Murphy to make him earn it.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Well played Selby , if Murphy had scored anything like that earlier in the match I fancy him to have won it .

Comment

• Congratulations to Selby. Beeing the best defensive player and a great fighter doesn?t make him everybodys cup of tea, but 4 world titles, 2 UK and 3 masters place him up there with the absolut best players ever.
        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I cant remember ever seeing a player get ahead so many times and break down. 2-0 up and 60 odd ahead it should've been 3-0. As for that last red why ON EARTH he played it down the cushion at that pace was suicidal.
          im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

• Selby equalling Higgins feels strange! He's now taken MJW's spot as the 5th greatest player in the modern era, surely. I think he can get to 7 WC.

Comment

• That got quite nervy towards the end from Selby's point of view. Couldn't get in from distance at all, so he needed that red over the pocket to get over the line. Seemed quite shaky, but he held his nerve in the end, as he usually does.

Comment

• Really high quality final session. Selby a deserved winner but would have loved to see Murphy win it again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  That got quite nervy towards the end from Selby's point of view. Couldn't get in from distance at all, so he needed that red over the pocket to get over the line. Seemed quite shaky, but he held his nerve in the end, as he usually does.
                  Selby might have been going to Shredsville if that final red from Murphy had dropped.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy83 View Post
                    I cant remember ever seeing a player get ahead so many times and break down. 2-0 up and 60 odd ahead it should've been 3-0. As for that last red why ON EARTH he played it down the cushion at that pace was suicidal.
                    Agree 100% , Murphy should never have played that red , is was crazy to attempt it. If he had put it safe he could have gone on to lift the title [possibly ) Murphy was playing good enough to win that match and lost good opportunities

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Agree 100% , Murphy should never have played that red , is was crazy to attempt it. If he had put it safe he could have gone on to lift the title [possibly ) Murphy was playing good enough to win that match and lost good opportunities
                      Do or die I suppose, but I didn't fancy him knocking that in more that 1 in 5. Good final in the end, but if Murphy had won that frame, even 1 behind, I'd have given even money for him to win.

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

I agree with Murphy taking it on , he had been going for some risky shots and getting them . In fact it was these shots that propelled him to stage that mini comeback . He himself said in his post match interview the reason he went for it was it was going for those type of shots that win you the Worlds.
                        He lost the match in earlier frames when he didn’t take his chances early in games .

Great match in the end though ..

Comment

• my take from the tournament , from a playing standpoint it was alright , but someone from the bbc if you're reading this then please don't have rob walker on commentary for this tournament again , he compered as well as commentated a morning and afternoon match for the first 12 straight days of this tournament up until the completion of the quarter finals , if he wasn't good enough for the last 4 then he shouldn't have been good enough for the last 32 either .

Comment

• Murphy threw it away tonight. I find it hard to warm to Selby always have. Very underwhelming evening personally.
                            im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

• Loved Shaun's comments and he actually has good timing and I can see him on panel shows like Mock The week after that routine. Mark is the definition of a match player and I've never seen him as slow or a player who will try to change the pace. He just plays the balls as he sees it and sometimes that takes thinking time. Well played to Mark and Shaun for a great final.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Murphy taking on the iffy red wasn’t the main problem ,it was the the mindset of not knowing if he was going to ,he changed his mind twice ,you could see it ,should have sent it round the angles . Anyway ,well played Selby ,the guys good and has a tactical game like no one else .Murphy took defeat well ,hope he keeps playing well ,not the best all round final but the last few frames were good .

Comment

Working...
                                X