Clear All

• Cheers Dean.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Good piece on ES discussing this which shows great before and after photos of the difference in position of the white ball.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/...17/story.shtml

My personal view as a player is that if the shot he ends up playing was possible in the first place, you would never use the spider. Find it difficult to see how Mark didn't notice this.
      I agree CC.

I was watching ES as well in the mid session break shortly after that frame . I’m not one of the Selby haters , in fact I’m far from it but it seems in this instance he could be in the wrong . I’ll wait until it’s put to him in the post match interviews before I make my mind up . I find it strange though as he has always seemed to me to be a player that wouldn’t do that type of thing to gain an advantage .

Suck the life out of you ..... most definitely

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I agree CC.

I was watching ES as well in the mid session break shortly after that frame . I’m not one of the Selby haters , in fact I’m far from it but it seems in this instance he could be in the wrong . I’ll wait until it’s put to him in the post match interviews before I make my mind up . I find it strange though as he has always seemed to me to be a player that wouldn’t do that type of thing to gain an advantage .

Suck the life out of you ..... most definitely
        As you say, I'll wait and see what he says, but on the face of it, it looks very disappointing.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• These are the screenshots ahead of each attempt. It seems to me that the white moves slightly to the right for the 2nd and 3rd attempt, and then back to the original position for the 4th. I think the problem was that Selby was applying a lot of side by playing it without the spider, because he could only hit the edge of the cue ball. In hindsight, that proved to be the better option.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            These are the screenshots ahead of each attempt. It seems to me that the white moves slightly to the right for the 2nd and 3rd attempt, and then back to the original position for the 4th. I think the problem was that Selby was applying a lot of side by playing it without the spider, because he could only hit the edge of the cue ball. In hindsight, that proved to be the better option.
            Thanks for that , looking at that again with the snapshots of all the attempts I think you might be right . Very hard to control the white when forced to put that much side on the ball from that distance to the object ball . When I watched it on ES they kept moving between two attempts which made it look more like the last shot he played the white was moved to his advantage .

We will see what he says in the interview tonight .

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
              Selby will win this. He wants another Lamborghini.
              Rumors are when he goes shopping he spends 35 minutes driving around the car park to decide where to leave it, but he always ends up in the farthest corner to keep it safe.

Comment

• Another thing in Selby's defense is that, the final shot played only hits the red courtesy of a glance off the middle knuckle, so that shot was more of a bit and hope TBH which the es guys just said wasn't in Marks DNA. Hope they weren't mounting a witch hunt with that footage because that's foul play as well.
                Last edited by Cue crafty; 3 May 2021, 05:58 PM.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• What an intro on the BBC that was! Huge goose pimples!!
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post

Rumors are when he goes shopping he spends 35 minutes driving around the car park to decide where to leave it, but he always ends up in the farthest corner to keep it safe.
                    In his Lamborghini that’s restricted to 30mph.... just to be safe!

To be fair, those cars need a bloody big space!

Comment

• Plenty of boos for the pantomime baddie. Hope he doesn’t take it to heart.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Another thing in Selby's defense is that, the final shot played only hits the red courtesy of a glance off the middle knuckle, so that shot was more of a bit and hope TBH which the es guys just said wasn't in Marks DNA. Hope they weren't mounting a witch hunt with that footage because that's foul play as well.
                        I think there is a witch hunt with Selby as he seems to be cast as the baddie all the time . The amount of times commentators refer to his shot time is ridiculous. They just seem to jump on the social media bandwagon and look for anything that confirms the rubbish some armchair fans are spouting .

There is some genuine hate for Selby which has found its way on here and I can’t understand how you can dislike somebody so much when you don’t know them personally .

Rant over

C’mon Murphy .....

Comment

• It sounded to me like Selby was booed by a significant portion of the crowd there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Plenty of boos for the pantomime baddie. Hope he doesn’t take it to heart.
                            Sound like the crowd have been in a pub garden the last three hours

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              It sounded to me like Selby was booed by a significant portion of the crowd there.
                              Disgraceful. I don't think I have ever heard this at snooker. Even Ronnie's infamous masters final against Ding didn't have booing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post

Disgraceful. I don't think I have ever heard this at snooker. Even Ronnie's infamous masters final against Ding didn't have booing.
                                It happens very occasionally. O'Sullivan himself was booed in the 2005 Grand Prix final against John Higgins.

Comment

Working...
                                X