2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    I found this observation from Hendry quite amusing, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/sno...ost_type=share

​​​​​​Apparently Steve Davis summed up the match as a fight between Harry Potter (Shaun wanting to just pot all the balls) and a Dementor from Askaban ( Selby sucking all the joy, hope and soul out of his opponent ) which is quite funny if you are a Harry Potter fan.

Yeah , it felt a bit like that in the last frames as Selby controlled the tactical play and flow of the game .
    Let’s hope Murphy has been practicing his spells last night and has given his wand a good polish

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      I found this observation from Hendry quite amusing, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/sno...ost_type=share

​​​​​​Apparently Steve Davis summed up the match as a fight between Harry Potter (Shaun wanting to just pot all the balls) and a Dementor from Askaban ( Selby sucking all the joy, hope and soul out of his opponent ) which is quite funny if you are a Harry Potter fan.
      lol ... spot on analogy, I'd say. Up to the point where the dementor is sucking all the joy, hope and soul not only out of his opponent but out of everyone around him. Much more fitting than "hoover" or "torturer" in that regard... ^^
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• I think if Shaun is to have any chance in this match today, he will need to discard all fear of losing, but be prepared to lose. Only if he can be brave and find those long pots and frame winning breaks when under the utmost pressure, will he come out on top today.

( Bloody ell, I feel like JK Rowling, "only if Harry can solve the mystery of the Horcrux's will he triumph over the dark lord!! Muuahahaha!!)
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• He needs to do what Ronnie did! Disrespect him and start bashing the balls around! This worked for Ronnie last year and really annoyed Mark! Forget being gentlemanly and just go out and mess with his head!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
            He needs to do what Ronnie did! Disrespect him and start bashing the balls around! This worked for Ronnie last year and really annoyed Mark! Forget being gentlemanly and just go out and mess with his head!
            That sounds like gamesmanship Steve! Tut tut!
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Too much damage done in the evening session for Murphy to win from here on out I feel. Too many frames he just didn't kill off when he had the chance. Could have got out of that with a 5-4 loss & all still to play for but 7-2 has made this too much of a tall order now methinks.

Comment

• Murphy’s only 3 back ,along way to go ,but he can’t win playing Selby’s tactical game ,the strange thing is Murphy said he wouldn’t get dragged in to a Selbys type of game and would rather lose on his own terms and yet here he is doing just that .I think Steve is right ,smack em up a bit and scatter reds all over Selby will hate that as it will cut his options of safety down .It’s not gamesmanship,and Murphy knows he’s playing well enough to pot everything if he gets in ,he’s just forgotten how to a the moment .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  Murphy’s only 3 back ,along way to go ,but he can’t win playing Selby’s tactical game ,the strange thing is Murphy said he wouldn’t get dragged in to a Selbys type of game and would rather lose on his own terms and yet here he is doing just that .I think Steve is right ,smack em up a bit and scatter reds all over Selby will hate that as it will cut his options of safety down .It’s not gamesmanship,and Murphy knows he’s playing well enough to pot everything if he gets in ,he’s just forgotten how to a the moment .
                  Hope he has the balls to do it , its his only chance

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                    Murphy’s only 3 back ,along way to go ,but he can’t win playing Selby’s tactical game ,the strange thing is Murphy said he wouldn’t get dragged in to a Selbys type of game and would rather lose on his own terms and yet here he is doing just that .I think Steve is right ,smack em up a bit and scatter reds all over Selby will hate that as it will cut his options of safety down .It’s not gamesmanship,and Murphy knows he’s playing well enough to pot everything if he gets in ,he’s just forgotten how to a the moment .
                    It’s alright scattering the reds everywhere but you’ve got to win the frame from it and Murphy failed to do that early on in the match . He’d get in first then either miss or run out of position and then Selby would clear up to win.
                    You’ve got to give credit to Selby’s overall game not just his tactical side. He is as good as Murphy in the balls and when it comes to pressure clearances .
                    Murphy has to take more risks with his potting which is his stronger area.

Comment

• the crowd come across as pathetic , they remind me of the idiots in the running man with Arnold schwarzenegger

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        the crowd come across as pathetic , they remind me of the idiots in the running man with Arnold schwarzenegger
                        ...remind me of them Ronnie "fans" rather.
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• It’s always surprises me when they play back shots in slo mo how often the cue ball jumps off the table on a shot .

Why did Murphy play that final black into middle so slow ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                            It’s always surprises me when they play back shots in slo mo how often the cue ball jumps off the table on a shot .

Why did Murphy play that final black into middle so slow ??
                            Every time you strike the cue ball above center it will bounce back... physics.

Because usually the black would turn towards the pocket ever so slightly when played slowly "against" the nap, even on super fine clothes... that's the way to play it when you want to give the object ball every chance to drop.

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Murphy “Your Jedi mind tricks won’t work on me!”

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Every time you strike the cue ball above center it will bounce back... physics.

Because usually the black would turn towards the pocket ever so slightly when played slowly "against" the nap, even on super fine clothes... that's the way to play it when you want to give the object ball every chance to drop.

That slow rolled black seemed to do the opposite though!

Comment

Working...
                                X