No announcement yet.

2021 World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another topic, should Hendry give up now?
    Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

is it a new one based on his old early 80's cue ,or the original .
      Afraid I can't remember where I heard it, and I don't have much of a clue about what cues Jimmy has used over the years, but whatever cue it is, it is the same one he was using when he played Kirk Stevens in the 1984 masters semi final

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
        On another topic, should Hendry give up now?
        I don't think he's started trying yet, so giving up would probably be premature.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee;n1009739[/URL
          ]

is it a new one based on his old early 80's cue ,or the original .
          No, it's the original classic custom cue. He's got it out the broom cupboard and starting using it again. Mike Dunn confirmed in commentary yesterday!
          Last edited by Cue crafty; 9 May 2021, 06:57 PM.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

No, it's the original classic custom cue. He's got it out the broom cupboard and starting using it again. Mike Dunn confirmed in commentary yesterday!
            That must have been where I heard it then. My brain is so full of useless snooker information, I have no idea what's true and what I dreamt up.

Comment

I am wondering whether it makes sense nowadays to keep the 40yrs limit to be a senior. A back-of-the-envelope calculation (may be wrong): if I take the ages of the 10 finalists of the World Snooker Championship of the last 5 years, the average Crucible finalist is 38.8.
              If the idea of the World Seniors is to show that some older players can still play wonderful shots and great frames, wouldn't it be more sensible to set the bar higher, like 45yrs?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I don't think he's started trying yet, so giving up would probably be premature.
                You reckon he's letting himself re-acclimatise to it all? Could be.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                  I am wondering whether it makes sense nowadays to keep the 40yrs limit to be a senior. A back-of-the-envelope calculation (may be wrong): if I take the ages of the 10 finalists of the World Snooker Championship of the last 5 years, the average Crucible finalist is 38.8.
                  If the idea of the World Seniors is to show that some older players can still play wonderful shots and great frames, wouldn't it be more sensible to set the bar higher, like 45yrs?
                  I think 50 would be spot on, same as golf.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post

I think 50 would be spot on, same as golf.
                    I agree. I also think you shouldn’t be able to play in the Seniors if you’re holding down a place on the Main Tour.

Comment

What a great acceptance speech by David Lilley , i hope he can now put some hours in on the practice table and make a good showing at The Champions of Champions .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Interesting that Jimmy has resorted to one of his old cues to find some form. Both he and Hendry should take a look at some old video footage of themselves and go back to the cue action of their youth, elbow kept high with a shorter follow through for a starter. Hendry went through the coaching manual when his powerglide was broken, he's had the time during his retirement to forget it all and go back to how he was.
                        It's strange that the follow through is deemed so important that players start dropping the upper arm in order to accomodate one, when in fact it happens naturally no matter how long it is. You can see this a lot in missed pots on frame and match ball as the stroke is played from the shoulder using the upper arm rather than from the elbow using the forearm.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I agree with 147 Jimand Nifty, the senior age should be 50, I mean Ronnie is 46 and no3 in rankings ( I think ) if he decided to have a go in the seniors he would walk it.
                          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

I thought Jimmy.was going to do it again but not getting on the brown from the green in the middle was terrible .So David Lilly is the pocket buckets senior champion

Comment

Stopped watching in the 4th frame, thinking this was going to be pretty one sided. Switched back on just as the trophy ceremony was taking place. Jimmy looked pretty p1ssed off. Despite the come back, I don't think he would have been any more annoyed if it had been a whitewash.

Comment

Working...
                              X