No announcement yet.

BetVictor English Open 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The calendar on WST's website does not include the CoC, strange.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      The calendar on WST's website does not include the CoC, strange.
      if you mean the calendar on Live-scores, notorious for being slow on update

try -
      https://wst.tv/full-calendar/
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

if you mean the calendar on Live-scores, notorious for being slow on update

try -
        https://wst.tv/full-calendar/
        Thank you. Yes, this one.

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata....=2021&month=11

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          I agree with Higgins, he doesn't quite have it at the very elite level now, or I should say he can't constantly keep going at that level. How many finals has he lost in a row now? I bet it's half a dozen. He obviously went down the fitness route as he thought that was why he just couldn't stay the course and its early days so it's possibly too early to judge but I think old Father Time might just be getting interested in what he and O'Sullivan are up to.
          Having said all that get your money on him or Ronnie to win the worlds, I can feel a last hurrah coming on
          yes I think your right too, they are obviously still amazing players, but when I saw how Ronnie played and lost to Yan Bingtao recently, I thought he battled well but stumbled at the end. He never used to do that, he had the killer blows whenever he got momentum. I don’t see that as much from either him or JH these days.

their match against each other the other day was one that showed again that they both are desperate to win but are stumbling under the pressure where in the past they just delivered the killer blow to each other.

a little sad maybe, but we all know it’s gotta happen sometime. I’m sure there are a couple of epic performances still left in them both.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Realistically speaking John's made 2 finals recently and narrowly lost so he obviously is good enough to compete but to a serial winner coming 2nd is first loser so he may as well have gone out first round.
            It's good to see him frustrated by losing, I wish Ronnie still cared.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Well I recorded it and have just finished watching it, great match but not a great standard all round, too many easy misses and poor positional shots from both players, but the balls always have a say in that, who gets a bad contact on a pot or safety makes some matches a lottery.
              Both using Taom chalk but it didn't make any difference, was the weather cold and damp in Milton Keynes yesterday ? if so then it had a bearing.

John definately twitched on the red he missed in the decider to let Neil in, that's why he missed it thin, if he missed it thick then one couldn't count out the poor contact, they don't kick thin as the contact is prolonged, always thick.

Off topic but does anyone here speak french ? trying to converse with someone on ebay who's asking about one of my cues, I only know an umbrella is a parapluie and he hasn't mentioned one of those
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Well I recorded it and have just finished watching it, great match but not a great standard all round, too many easy misses and poor positional shots from both players, but the balls always have a say in that, who gets a bad contact on a pot or safety makes some matches a lottery.
                Both using Taom chalk but it didn't make any difference, was the weather cold and damp in Milton Keynes yesterday ? if so then it had a bearing.

John definately twitched on the red he missed in the decider to let Neil in, that's why he missed it thin, if he missed it thick then one couldn't count out the poor contact, they don't kick thin as the contact is prolonged, always thick.

Off topic but does anyone here speak french ? trying to converse with someone on ebay who's asking about one of my cues, I only know an umbrella is a parapluie and he hasn't mentioned one of those :rolleyes:
                Try Google translate, it's pretty good these days, should be good enough to get an understanding of what they want. Just type translate into Google.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

He won the Players Championship in February, so it's actually only two in a row. He had a few more defeats prior to that though.
                  he’s probably capable of winning a few more events for a year or two , but like Ronnie maybe not the world championship any more .people keep saying the standards gone up ,I don’t think it has ,how many finals have O’Sullivan , Higgins, Williams made in the last season or so ,lots . More players are playing nearer to Hendrys level but their not better ,if the standard was better all round then those three should not be getting this far in to tournaments .There’s more snooker on now ,loads more events than twenty years ago ,stick Robertson ,Selby and Trump in the mix and that’s only six players regularly going deep in to tournaments with any consistency.

Comment

• Shame my hero John Higgins didn't win but to lose against another legend like Neil Robertson is no bad thing.

There was someone in the crowd pulling faces to the camera during the awards ceremony which made himself look like a complete tool.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      Realistically speaking John's made 2 finals recently and narrowly lost so he obviously is good enough to compete but to a serial winner coming 2nd is first loser so he may as well have gone out first round.
                      It's good to see him frustrated by losing, I wish Ronnie still cared.
                      Ronnie I think does care , but he knows even he is not the player he was a few years ago ,it’s probably his way of dealing with a natural decline .

Comment

• Ronnie will probably become a full time TV pundit when he hangs up his cue , he does lots of it already . Higgins not the type for TV work

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Try Google translate, it's pretty good these days, should be good enough to get an understanding of what they want. Just type translate into Google.
                          Didn't know about that I tried it and he was asking if the cue came with a case, thanks CC
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I used to work for a company that received emails from customers in France and Germany and I started using Google Translate to work out what the question was in their email and to create a reply in their own language. They could tell it was from someone who didn't know the language and was using a translation tool but most appreciated the effort.

What was the conversation between John Higgins and Ronnie when they did the handshake and the end of their match? The way Ronnie carried on talking to John as he was walking off made it look like John wasn't happy with Ronnie. Was John complaining that Ronnie was working on his tip while he was at the table perhaps?
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                              I used to work for a company that received emails from customers in France and Germany and I started using Google Translate to work out what the question was in their email and to create a reply in their own language. They could tell it was from someone who didn't know the language and was using a translation tool but most appreciated the effort.

What was the conversation between John Higgins and Ronnie when they did the handshake and the end of their match? The way Ronnie carried on talking to John as he was walking off made it look like John wasn't happy with Ronnie. Was John complaining that Ronnie was working on his tip while he was at the table perhaps?
                              Its great to have such technology at our finger tips.

John was asking ROS about the triangle chalk and about the possibility to change it.

Comment

• Let's have some fun.

https://youtu.be/FoWtKIv70sI
                                https://youtu.be/2jdwSj9_uE0
                                Last edited by fkhan; 12 November 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X