No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't work out if the constant banner is deliberate or the vision mixer forgot to 'press a button'. It wouldn't be as bad if the graphics were more subtle or even transparent. There's cutting edge technology and that's the best they can do.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      Just watching the Hicks Gilbert match ,I have to say Andy Hicks cue sounds like the hardest tip on the planet ,either that or he’s not tightened up the cue joint . That really must be a hard tip .
      Just started watching the match and Foulds mentioned it.
      As you said it sounds like something is loose but it must a super hard tip . It would be interesting to know what brand he uses.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        I can't work out if the constant banner is deliberate or the vision mixer forgot to 'press a button'. It wouldn't be as bad if the graphics were more subtle or even transparent. There's cutting edge technology and that's the best they can do.
        Star tables must be very annoyed, the constant banner is blocking it's signature logo and gold legs.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

Star tables must be very annoyed, the constant banner is blocking it's signature logo and gold legs.
          aren't they using rasson tables now or is rasson still only used in the champion of champions ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Just started watching the match and Foulds mentioned it.
            As you said it sounds like something is loose but it must a super hard tip . It would be interesting to know what brand he uses.
            Those AP exotics are meant to feel like concrete while still having amazing spin quality, so maybe.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

Thats the only plus in my view.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Sorry, I want to talk about the new score banner graphics again. It what way is this okay?
                is a contradictory opinion on this forum allowed ? not directed at you Billy , will i be described as aggressive or a fan of take that if i say i don't mind the score banner ? its alright for me it removes any ambiguity about the score and after all what is it covering ? the bottom of the table on the bottom of the screen , oh my god hold the press !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Thats the only plus in my view.
                  Damn , you beat me to the slagging off on the Star tables

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Jeez the Hawk v Selt match is pretty painful! I've refereed better Wednesday league matches....
                    Good match I thought, 9 frames including brakes of 53, 99, 103, 92, 73, and 88. Yes there were errors, but there's an awful lot riding on it and that just adds to the tension for me.

Really enjoyed the end of Gilbert v Hicks too. Thought Andy was going to let it slip toward the end there. Gilbert likes his plants doesn't he, only natural for a farmer I suppose.

-
                    Last edited by PatBlock; 2 December 2021, 11:55 PM.
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      Great post Stony. Been a while, nice to see you back.

-
                      Thanks. Still can't quite get used to the new forum format.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                        Didn't even notice... and usually I'm quite anal about such things. First world problems, I guess.
                        Same here. Haven't really noticed it at all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

is a contradictory opinion on this forum allowed ? not directed at you Billy , will i be described as aggressive or a fan of take that if i say i don't mind the score banner ? its alright for me it removes any ambiguity about the score and after all what is it covering ? the bottom of the table on the bottom of the screen , oh my god hold the press !!
                          Agreed, I look at the players and the balls anyway, maybe if it wasn't hi vis it might be better.

Andy Hicks flying the flag for us devonians, twenty years to find some form again, 6-5, 6-5, 6-5 takes some doing.
                          Hamilton played like he didn't trust the table after that roll off in the third, every shot seemed to be lacking belief and his run of the balls suffered as a result.
                          Looking forward to this afternoons matches, got a day off work with a family bag of onion rings at the ready, munchies time
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• That ball moved off at least 2 inches going towards the yellow pocket ,but its an all too familiar scenario on these rubbish Star Tables ,the sooner their gone the better .

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Good match I thought, 9 frames including brakes of 53, 99, 103, 92, 73, and 88. Yes there were errors, but there's an awful lot riding on it and that just adds to the tension for me.

Really enjoyed the end of Gilbert v Hicks too. Thought Andy was going to let it slip toward the end there. Gilbert likes his plants doesn't he, only natural for a farmer I suppose.

-
                              It certainly got a lot better around the 4th frame, I must learn patience Obi Wan.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Screenshot_20211203-165452_Facebook.jpg McGill survived a car crash. Drive safe guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X