UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    I know Hendrys goal was to get to the Crucible one more time, but can't help thinking now that he should have gone down the Steve Davis route instead. I think Davis's last Crucible appearance was in 2010 when he beat defending champion John Higgins getting him to a quarter final spot, so a great showing and think he was the then oldest quarter finalist since 1983! Cant remember who he lost to but I will always remember the way he said goodbye to the Crucible crowd when he retired in 2016!!

Absolute class and what a way to be remembered.
    Hendry did go out like Davis ,he made a 147 in 2012 at the Crucible ,the year he retired .Hendrys game had been scrambled since around 2000 .I’ve always been a fan of His so seeing this painful comeback is sad to watch .

Comment

Hendry was very gracious in defeat, had some warm words for Un-Nooh, didn't just shake and grump off. What a gent, ay Shaun.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Hendry did go out like Davis ,he made a 147 in 2012 at the Crucible ,the year he retired .Hendrys game had been scrambled since around 2000 .I’ve always been a fan of His so seeing this painful comeback is sad to watch .
        What I meant was he should've done the tour of honour like Davis instead of the comeback. Maybe he still will. I'd prefer to see a happier ending to his playing career too.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Go John Astley! Up the Amateurs!
          Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Nice. Two down, one to go.

It will be interesting to see what Robertson says in his press conference after this one. Hopefully he's had some time to reflect on things and doesn't repeat the nonsense from yesterday.

Comment

Robbo out. Didn‘t see the whole match, but what I saw was pretty bad from Robertson.

Comment

Bet he won't whinge like Murphy . Play like an amateur , you get beaten by an amateur

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                  Bet he won't whinge like Murphy . Play like an amateur , you get beaten by an amateur
                  "... and get paid like an amateur"

love the "go on the amateurs" from the crowd
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Nice. Two down, one to go.
                    the welsh windbag's due up against li hang or ricky walden in the third round next monday or tuesday , here's hoping ( thumbs up )

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

the welsh windbag's due up against li hang or ricky walden in the third round next monday or tuesday , here's hoping ( thumbs up )

The Lord moves in mysterious ways

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                        The Lord moves in mysterious ways
                        ok but i've been bowled over by richard dawkins (selfish gene etc) for at least a year now

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

"... and get paid like an amateur"

love the "go on the amateurs" from the crowd
                          Which match was that, Robertson's? Looks like Murphy's outburst has been a source of inspiration for these guys. Well done smurf.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Screenshot_20211126-002959_Facebook.jpg Don't know who wrote this but I love it. Lol.

Comment

• LOL Brilliant.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• It's been deleted now, but the new version still has a dig at Murphy. He had it coming, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X