Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Sorry, that just doesn’t add up to me. To quote fellow poster Odrl If one player wins the WC and another player wins everything else, who is the better player?
    I should have just said that Hendry is doing it to **** off Selby and after a segment of Mark Selby sharing his personal issues following his match yesterday that I didn't watch Hendry was all sympathetic in the studio today. He is the hypocrite. No-one else talks about players being the best in the world unless they are actually the WC apart from Hendry.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

I should have just said that Hendry is doing it to **** off Selby and after a segment of Mark Selby sharing his personal issues following his match yesterday that I didn't watch Hendry was all sympathetic in the studio today. He is the hypocrite. No-one else talks about players being the best in the world unless they are actually the WC apart from Hendry.
      So Selby's mental health problems arise from Hendry saying Trump is the best player in the world . If he said that Selby is the best player in the world, would that give Trump the need to phone The Samaritans ?
      The WC at the Crucible is one tournament and the player on form for those two weeks usually wins it, at the moment Mark Williams is the best player in the world, but that could change tomorow.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

So Selby's mental health problems arise from Hendry saying Trump is the best player in the world . If he said that Selby is the best player in the world, would that give Trump the need to phone The Samaritans ?
        The WC at the Crucible is one tournament and the player on form for those two weeks usually wins it, at the moment Mark Williams is the best player in the world, but that could change tomorow.
        No and your suggestion I said Selby's mental health problems arise from Hendry saying Trump is the best player in the world is surprising to say the least.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• What was Mark thinking just getting down on that swerve shot.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

No and your suggestion I said Selby's mental health problems arise from Hendry saying Trump is the best player in the world is surprising to say the least.
            You did say that Hendry was saying it to **** off Selby.
            BTW Neil Robertson is the best player in the world at the moment What a decider!
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• AND Breathe!!!
              what a match
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

You did say that Hendry was saying it to **** off Selby.
                How does that mean I was suggesting Selby's mental health problems arise from Hendry saying Trump is the best player in the world?

www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  AND Breathe!!!
                  what a match
                  Amazing match Dean, possibly better than the one we were privileged to watch there yesterday. But this kind of match is what has made snooker popular over the years, such great drama.
                  βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• That was a pretty epic frame of snooker, reminded me a bit of that frame between King and Hawkins in the 2016 Northern Ireland Open final.

I guess Williams didn't really deserve to win it in the end. Giving away foul points is one thing, but he had a couple of pot attempts at the last red as well and got nowhere near. Should have potted the second one really. And he did have that fluke earlier in the frame as well.

One thing I was wondering... I can't quite picture the physics of it, but when the red was on top of the black, in line with the pocket, was it possible for Williams to play it in a way that would have guaranteed the red following the black in? If so, that seemed like the shot to play. It would have taken 8 points off the table, so Robertson would have had to play for two snookers on the colours.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      That was a pretty epic frame of snooker, reminded me a bit of that frame between King and Hawkins in the 2016 Northern Ireland Open final.

I guess Williams didn't really deserve to win it in the end. Giving away foul points is one thing, but he had a couple of pot attempts at the last red as well and got nowhere near. Should have potted the second one really. And he did have that fluke earlier in the frame as well.

One thing I was wondering... I can't quite picture the physics of it, but when the red was on top of the black, in line with the pocket, was it possible for Williams to play it in a way that would have guaranteed the red following the black in? If so, that seemed like the shot to play. It would have taken 8 points off the table, so Robertson would have had to play for two snookers on the colours.
                      No wouldn't be possible that shot Odrl, same principal as a Newton's cradle all the energy is transferred into the next ball.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        That was a pretty epic frame of snooker, reminded me a bit of that frame between King and Hawkins in the 2016 Northern Ireland Open final.

Don't think that would have worked, think of a newton's cradle. Maybe if you put loads of top spin on the white but it would need to be dead straight.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• LOL we're at it again with the mind melding CC.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            LOL we're at it again with the mind melding CC.

-
                            Wow scary Pat!!

Enjoyed the after match chat on Eurosport and the guys saying about how that match result will hurt Willo, but he only has to remember his epic with Hendry when Stephen missed the deciding black to centre and Mark won to realise this game has a way of leveling things up. You win some epics and you lose some!!

Comment

• Right. I don't think Williams ever had it straight anyway. He was always coming at it from an angle.

Comment

• That's the one where he played it from distance.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X