No announcement yet.

Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams certainly came here in better form than I expected from him. Good stuff this afternoon.

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
      If the ref doesn't verbally warn a player about a potential frame forfeit does that make the rule unenforceable? Or would the assistant ref intervene?

Asking because of the red Mark Williams missed twice and was warned. If the ref didn't say anything could he miss it a third time without a frame forfeit on the basis the ref didn't warn him?
      Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I guess the marker can intervene in such a situation. I have seen something similar a while ago.
      If the referee does not warn the player and they miss again; they will not lose that Frame but would be warned before the next attempt if they are put back in and balls replaced.

Now if the Marker intervenes before the "third stroke", i.e.to remind the referee of the warning, then the warning is then given, you scenario does not occur
      Personally I don't think Markers should independently announce when something has not happened or something about to happen; they can of course be asked by the referee for assistance but to "shout out"- not sure
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What's with the crap dance music between frames this evening ? If I was playing I would ask for it to be stopped
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I see they’re staying with the new constant score banner, despite it being almost unanimously hated by the TV viewers. Typical of a “we know best” organisation to be so defiant.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Billy;n1017345]I see they

Comment

Totally agree Billy it looks crap ,maybe we should all email the BBC and see if we get a reply .Every other score banner used over the years looks and works better than this lousy monstrosity

Comment

I used the complaints link that Billy posted up last year, not sure how many others did as a few people didn't seem to mind it. Anyone seen any social media that suggests others hate it like us?
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  I used the complaints link that Billy posted up last year, not sure how many others did as a few people didn't seem to mind it. Anyone seen any social media that suggests others hate it like us?
                  It was mentioned on one of the podcasts I listen to that some die hards and traditionalists had complained. It was also mentioned that those same people had complained about the attire at the last champions league ….. I’ve no idea who they mean

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

It was mentioned on one of the podcasts I listen to that some die hards and traditionalists had complained. It was also mentioned that those same people had complained about the attire at the last champions league ….. I’ve no idea who they mean
                    Lolz...Funny how age creeps up on you, I never thought I'd be one of those people who complain, but yep, after watching Scott Donaldson's builders butt crack last week and this score strap across the screen I realise it's happened to me!!!

​​​​​​
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Lolz...Funny how age creeps up on you, I never thought I'd be one of those people who complain, but yep, after watching Scott Donaldson's builders butt crack last week and this score strap across the screen I realise it's happened to me!!!

​​​​​​
                      Soon you'll start making little grunting sounds as you get up out of a chair and signs of relief as you sit down!
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Soon you'll start making little grunting sounds as you get up out of a chair and signs of relief as you sit down!
                        So many things to not look forward to!! Carpe Diem!!
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The r/Snooker sub posters over on Reddit were very vocal with their dislike, but then we are talking Reddit here.

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                          Totally agree Billy it looks crap ,maybe we should all email the BBC and see if we get a reply .Every other score banner used over the years looks and works better than this lousy monstrosity
                          I got a reply, but it was little more than the typical “We’re sorry you’re disappointed, bla bla bla”

Roughly translated, “We’ve received your email and put it straight into the trash bin, and we’ll be taking no further action”
                          Last edited by Billy; 10 January 2022, 03:29 PM.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Another pointless ‘feature’ they’ve introduced; interviewing the winning player of every match, live in the arena. Save that for the final!

Comment

What’s with all the flies knocking around?

Comment

[QUOTE=Danger Steve;n1017385]What

Comment

Working...
                                X