No announcement yet.

Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They bring them injust for this event ,along with the good old wasp that makes an appearance every year

Comment

The woman who keeps calling out “Don’t worry, Barry.” every time he misses, needs to be told it’s no longer funny. It was mildly amusing the first time because it came across as spontaneous, but every time??
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        The woman who keeps calling out “Don’t worry, Barry.” every time he misses, needs to be told it’s no longer funny. It was mildly amusing the first time because it came across as spontaneous, but every time??
        Don’t worry about it Billy …

Comment

As long as we're complaining, I wish they would give that "safety success" statistic a rest. It's someone arbitrarily pressing a button after every shot as if "safety" was a binary concept with two possible outcomes. And then you get a number like 82%, which may as well be made up. Pointless.

Comment

I don’t care for the 17/18 over a given pocket, either, to indicate the pot success. Who gives a ****?
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The pocket stats is a complete joke ,it’s only relevant if every pot is the same angle and distance ,it’s not like it’s a difficulty complex of pockets being different sizes .Great bit of commentary from JV yesterday, player pots ball and goes in to the pack and unfortunately lands on nothing ,JV says “ Well he’s not landed on anything but he’s potted the ball so that means it’s his turn to play the next shot still “ Thanks for clearing that up John , at least we all know what to do when we play now .

Comment

Not heard anything of DT yet? What is it with the BBC snooker at the moment? Are we only allowed one or the other? If DT’s there, JV isn’t, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Another pointless ‘feature’ they’ve introduced; interviewing the winning player of every match, live in the arena. Save that for the final!
                  I thought it was something I hadn't seen before. I think it's a good idea as viewers and the crowd get to hear the winner give a bit of feedback which is a nice way to round off the match and a bonus for the crowd.

I agree that the score board graphics on every camera is infuriating because it's pointless and distracting. Doubtful anything can be done for the Masters but if we make a loud enough noise to the decision makers hopefully it can go back to just the main screen for the WC.
                  www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Great performance from Bazza I thought last night, haven't seen him play that well for a while myself so was nice to see. I think the crowd really lifted him and he looked like he had a great time out there which must always make the job easier!! Shaun looked like he was going to start bossing it until the over played pink to middle, he could have dropped that in and still been on the red ok! There were a few shots he played which suggested if he can't pot them the way he wants to, then he'd rather not bother playing anymore.

Interesting that Foulds suggested it may be time for him to take a full time commentary position. I'd prefer him to stay playing so I don't have to listen to him yapping on constantly.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

I agree that the score board graphics on every camera is infuriating because it's pointless and distracting. Doubtful anything can be done for the Masters but if we make a loud enough noise to the decision makers hopefully it can go back to just the main screen for the WC.
                      Almost 50% of the graphic serves no purpose at all. No need at all for it to extend past the country flags and then the filler in that wonderful BBC yellow bile from players name to points score could be cut down as well, then scale its font down by say 20% and make it appear on screen periodically instead of constantly and it would be practically perfect.......
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

I thought it was something I hadn't seen before. I think it's a good idea as viewers and the crowd get to hear the winner give a bit of feedback which is a nice way to round off the match and a bonus for the crowd.

We did that for the World’s in 2021, when it was first used, and they’ve still carried it over to this. No amount of complaining will get them to change it back, and if they ever do they won’t admit it was because the viewers didn’t like it.

Comment

The new screen graphics and pocket stats..................well they've got to try something to bring new viewers in I suppose, every other sport is loaded with stats these days so it's become the norm. I don't like it but I'm too busy watching the table and players for it to really get on my nerves. I'm working late shift this week so recorded Higgins v Zhao and watched it this morning, and it's good to be able to skip the between frames and mid session interval drivel and just watch the match. Stopped watching immediately after the players shooks hands at the end so didn't have to listen to Rob Walker's terrible interview technique either

Sometimes I turn on the set top box/pvr at the start of a match and pause it for an hour and do something else before I start watching, then I can skip the aforementioned drivel and catch up with live play by the end of the match. All this constantly repeated punditry gets on my nerves, been playing and watching this game now for forty years or more and nothing is new to me, heard it and seen it all a thousand times before.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            The new screen graphics and pocket stats..................well they've got to try something to bring new viewers in I suppose, every other sport is loaded with stats these days so it's become the norm..
                            But my argument is the same as when they tried to introduce classical music to a ‘new’ younger audience, by manufacturing scantily-clad girl bands playing Beethoven on electric violins. Where are those bands now? These gimmicks aren’t going to attract anyone who isn’t a fan of the sport at its most basic.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Only MJW can play the pink like that amd he fluked it because of his bravery.

We are seeing glimpes of vintage Williams today.
                              It´s quite often, that MJW plays shots like that one handed. Does anyone know why? He wasn´t in a situation where he could afford a 6 point miss, so he must have felt absolutely certain of hitting it.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post

It´s quite often, that MJW plays shots like that one handed. Does anyone know why? He wasn´t in a situation where he could afford a 6 point miss, so he must have felt absolutely certain of hitting it.
                                I guess he gets a kick out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X