No announcement yet.

Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to a Hawkins after the match really shows why he’s not in the top flight of snooker ,he said he wasn’t too disappointed as he’s had a good week ,losers statement . Can’t ever remember Davis or Hendry saying that

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Actually said this myself last night, I reckon Judd was sat there thinking how am I not in this final, guess that's the power of best of 11's. I couldn't see Barry sustaining a challenge to either Judd or Robbo over the course of a best of 19
      Personally I think he could if he played well but I believe he had his final in the semi final if you get my drift.
      He looked spent in the parts of the final I watched especially towards the end. It also didn’t help that his decider match was the last match to play .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Personally I think he could if he played well but I believe he had his final in the semi final if you get my drift.
        He looked spent in the parts of the final I watched especially towards the end. It also didn’t help that his decider match was the last match to play .
        I've ALWAYS felt this was unfair especially in longer format matches. Robertsons chilling at home or in the hotel all evening and Hawkins probably doesn't sleep with the adrenaline in his system and the late finish.
        I thought he looked spent and just happy to be there after missing the chance to close the gap at 6-4 I think it was.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I've ALWAYS felt this was unfair especially in longer format matches. Robertsons chilling at home or in the hotel all evening and Hawkins probably doesn't sleep with the adrenaline in his system and the late finish.
          I thought he looked spent and just happy to be there after missing the chance to close the gap at 6-4 I think it was.
          I agree , Robertson said he didn’t mind who he played the final as long as it went on as late as possible ! I heard it today that Hawkins didn’t go to sleep until 2am and only had about five hours fitful sleep. Not the best prep to say the least !.

Robertson is the better player for sure and has more of a win at all costs mentality but I do feel he is there for the taking at times and Hawkins if he plays well can beat him .

Comment

This is a generel problem, that can´t really be solved, as the only way to do it is a day off or two table semifinals, which is in noones interest except the players involved. It´s usually most easy recognized at the cruicible, where one of the players often comes from a late night finish in a four session match.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
            X