No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Judd had cued his last black slightly more cleanly, slower, and with a bit less pace, he could have easily pushed the red off the cushion. However, he should also gone for taking the red off the cushion from his penultimate red as he was initially thinking. Match may have turned out differently if he had. First thought is usually always right as they say.

John played a pro shot on the red though.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

• Does anyone think Mark Williams outburst could have thrown Neil out of rhythm and could have an intentional tactic? I know it's farfetched, but possible? Neil was noticeably shaken after that.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
        Does anyone think Mark Williams outburst could have thrown Neil out of rhythm and could have an intentional tactic? I know it's farfetched, but possible? Neil was noticeably shaken after that.
        No it was out of character and Mark's not like that at all... If it was to ever happen again then my opinion would differ but i don't see it!
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• I'm curious to see how Higgins will fare against Ronnie. He seems to know how to beat him.

Comment

Does anyone think Mark Williams outburst could have thrown Neil out of rhythm and could have an intentional tactic? I know it's farfetched, but possible? Neil was noticeably shaken after that.
            Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
            No it was out of character and Mark's not like that at all... If it was to ever happen again then my opinion would differ but i don't see it!
            I remember he used to thump his head repeatedly against the table for making mistakes. And when was the last time Mark did his trademark golf swing?

He's a comical guy. Nothing more than that.

Comment

• There can be no doubt that Higgins is one of the best tacticians of our game, the cock-hat was brilliant but it wasn't a one off, anyone remember the red off the brown in to the yellow pocket not so long ago?

Comment

• Judd is moaning on Twitter saying its not nice losing to a fluke, surely he played the cocked hat (3-to-the-side lol) did'nt he??
                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Robertson is usually pretty strong with things like that, so I'm guessing he was pleased to see Williams so frustrated. He immediately played a good double to take maximum advantage, but unfortunately couldn't really get anything going after that...

I enjoyed the Higgins-Trump match, just finished watching the recording... Higgins used to have such a great record in close matches, but the last couple of seasons have been awful for him in that respect, and he was on the verge of losing again. Unexpected miss on the blue from Trump in the decider, that could have been match over. I was also a bit surprised he attempted the cannon on the last red, as if he didn't trust himself to pot it along the cushion. Ding likes to play those cannons too, and it seems to go wrong for him more often than not. :wink:

Anyway, Higgins-O'Sullivan should be great tomorrow. It's the first time in a while that O'Sullivan is such a favourite, in terms of recent form and success, but that head-to-head statistic is bound to play a part again. Higgins has won eight of their last nine matches in the major events, and won the last "minor" one as well - in Bulgaria at the start of the season. Can he do it again tomorrow? :smile:

Comment

• I think what Trump is going through now is the levelling out of an awful lot of good running in his career so far.

Comment

• I see Perry has made it to another ranking quarter-final... I was wondering about his chances in my preview, and here is the answer, his form still going strong! Could be a good match against Selby.

Comment

• Williams missing some shocking balls. Even he can't believe it.

EDIT:-

And now he's potting like a demon. I'd forgotten what a great player he is.
                        Last edited by cyberheater; 27 February 2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Oh my, that pink, after all the hard work!

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                            Oh my, that pink, after all the hard work!
                            I'm watching 10 mins behind at the moment but that was a massive ouch moment.

Comment

• Great clearance by Fu!

Comment

• Damn it, Mark!!
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X