Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
    Looks like Patrick is warming up.
    I see our Frazz (Patrick) has Exquisite Cues advertised on his waistcoat. Good bit of publicity for Raymond.

Comment

• Come on Judd, put this match to bed already.

Comment

• A good win for Judd. He had a few scares there.

Best pay day for Patrick today. Not bad at all.

Comment

• Thought frazz played really well there, especially the way judd started. Did very well to keep in the match, especially when judd was getting the good luck too!!

Be good to hear his thoughts on the match....
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• I enjoyed both matches this afternoon. Patrick certainly made a match of it in the second half, but he'd left himself a bit too much to do. If he had won that 4th frame it could have gone 3-2 and possibly 3-3, then who knows what could have happened. But a fairly comfortable win for Trump in the end, and if he continues to play like he did in the first three frames today, he will be very tough to beat.

Similar story in the other match, Higgins won a couple of key frames from behind before the interval, then played another couple of strong frames and it was suddenly 5-1, with no way back for Stevens. Higgins looked solid throughout, not missing any sitters and looking relaxed and composed. That quarter of the draw has lost a couple of strong players already. Hawkins and Carter are out, Xiao Guodong as well, so it pretty much looks set for an O'Sullivan-Higgins quarter-final. :wink:

Comment

• Bond and McGill still playing. Did they start late
              or just slow play?

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                Bond and McGill still playing. Did they start late
                or just slow play?
                The latter

Comment

• O'Sullivan is getting more attention now with
                  complaints about the tournament as if he hasnt
                  had enuff with his 'broken' ankle. Sadly this sort
                  of thing could be done after the tournament is over
                  as a 'how can we make this tournament better?'

RONNIE O’Sullivan certainly isn’t the first player to criticise the playing conditions at the Coral UK Championship, but his comments on Sunday night will receive widespread attention.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    I enjoyed both matches this afternoon. Patrick certainly made a match of it in the second half, but he'd left himself a bit too much to do. If he had won that 4th frame it could have gone 3-2 and possibly 3-3, then who knows what could have happened. But a fairly comfortable win for Trump in the end, and if he continues to play like he did in the first three frames today, he will be very tough to beat.

Similar story in the other match, Higgins won a couple of key frames from behind before the interval, then played another couple of strong frames and it was suddenly 5-1, with no way back for Stevens. Higgins looked solid throughout, not missing any sitters and looking relaxed and composed. That quarter of the draw has lost a couple of strong players already. Hawkins and Carter are out, Xiao Guodong as well, so it pretty much looks set for an O'Sullivan-Higgins quarter-final. :wink:
                    Yeah both pretty decent matches in my book. Very glad to see John come through and in the way he did. Feel for Matthew as he's a very likable lad. Patrick put up a good fight in the end but it wasn't enough, plus Judd played very well. Btw Judd isn't much of a talker is he In the studio he always comes of as if it's the very last place he wants to be and can't wait to get out of there (which can be understood up to a point to be honest).

And this was the first I saw and heard about what Ali has had to face and conquer the past year...incredible really. I've gained newfound respect for Ali the way he handles these very bad moments time and time again in his life. Beautiful piece as well and everyone had tears in their eyes afterwards. Very emotional stuff. Glad to see he seems to be doing ok and getting better.

Comment

• Wait, Bond and McGill are still playing? Good god.

Comment

• Murphy - Lisowski now live on Eurosport...I'm looking forward to this one, could be high quality and drama...at least that's what I'm hoping for

...and it's First Blood to Jack...
                        Last edited by daffie; 1 December 2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          I see our Frazz (Patrick) has Exquisite Cues advertised on his waistcoat. Good bit of publicity for Raymond.
                          judd was pretty lucky as always!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                            Wait, Bond and McGill are still playing? Good god.
                            c'mon ants

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              c'mon ants
                              They just started playing the decider...so we should have a result in about 2 hours

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                                They just started playing the decider...so we should have a result in about 2 hours
                                lol not fussed as long as ants wins!

Comment

Working...
                                X