No announcement yet.

UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's always nice to see Judd playing brilliantly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
      I'm still new to snooker, is it common for players to apologise after a lucky shot?
      I like to think so.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
        I'm still new to snooker, is it common for players to apologise after a lucky shot?
        For most players yes but there a few players who just don't, Judd seems to be one of them from what I've seen. Stephen Hendry has admitted in the past that he would never apologise because he was never actually sorry about it!

Comment

• The top complain about match length reduction because increase the upset odds are higher. It's frequent to see an upset on best 5, 7 or 9 and sometimes on best of 11. However from best of 13 that doesn't happen so easily.
          Short length matches reduce the event duration, allowing more tournaments, that's good to spread snooker all over the world to attract more players. Probably World Snooker is predicting events increase over the next seasons, that's why they are doing this.

Comment

• I often wonder why players apologize. Its not as
            if they tried to fluke a ball or they got a safety
            or a lucky roll. Its just the way snooker goes.
            It can happen for either player.
            Its unfortunate when it means the difference between
            winning a frame/match but such is life.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
              For most players yes but there a few players who just don't, Judd seems to be one of them from what I've seen. Stephen Hendry has admitted in the past that he would never apologise because he was never actually sorry about it!
              Touche to Hendry! Guess its quite interesting with the advent of sportsmanship.

ps I love watching Judd Trump play, bloody entertaining

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                Ronnie: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/snooker/30269961

Personally I think the new set up and the BO11 matches won't do any good to the UK. It doesn't feel as great and special as it used to.
                Will anybody be like "Oh, the UK used to be so boring and old fashioned but now it feels so exciting and fresh, I must go and buy me some tickets!"? I don't think so. I'm no old person and I like watching snooker because it's old fashioned. And unhurried. And I don't like Barry Hearn
                I'm all for giving snooker people a chance to get more exposure and earn a few more quid, but they should keep the preliminary rounds away from the main event. A pool or 128 or even 256 should be played before the main events rolls and then when it reaches the last 32 the two table setup can come in to play and the televised part can come in. Ronnie can be outspoken at times, but he's right in what he says and snooker needs all the help it can get in order to make the game attractive to youngsters again
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen Hendry fluked before. Hmm....

Comment

• Looks like Patrick is warming up.

Comment

• aahhh I am trying not to read this thread as I am stuck at work with no streaming allowed!
                      I am not even lookign at LiveScores!

I have to wait till I get home to watch the records!
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• @DeanH *close your eyes*

Over on one of the other tables Higgins is playing really well and is now 5-1 up on Stevens. Very focused and determined effort from John.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          aahhh I am trying not to read this thread as I am stuck at work with no streaming allowed!
                          Can't you just ignore the rules and do it anyway?

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            @DeanH *close your eyes*

Over on one of the other tables Higgins is playing really well and is now 5-1 up on Stevens. Very focused and determined effort from John.
                            consider them closed

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                            Can't you just ignore the rules and do it anyway?
                            corporate Black listing for all streaming sites and BBC video, no way around it through the corporate gateway, or at least not with out local IT running round the corner and asking me awkward questions
                            Last edited by DeanH; 1 December 2014, 03:26 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I would love Judd to lose this... seems unlikely
                              Admin of SnookerDB.com - Watch Snooker!!!

Comment

• There are some players I enjoy watching whether they're playing good or not. E.g. Selby.

I only enjoy watching Judd play good. His downtime irritates me for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X