UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
    Maybe that's true but it was only his long potting in the middle of the match that let him down. Shaun plays a very attacking game with the utter belief that he can pot a long ball and gain the required position on a colour. When he misses his opponent is in. It's as simple as that.
    When it works it's devastating as Shaun now has the ability and focus to make a frame winning contribution in one visit. When he misses he more then likely hands the frame over to his opponent.
    I think Shaun will actually be relieved Jack was poor last night. Jack has the ability especially in short matches to reel off 4-5 quick frames. He cues the ball as well as anyone just needs to gain experience and improve tactically (something that Judd has done) and he will be up there. Shauns game means he probably gives more chances than anyone else in the top 10 you just have to take them which is why he has not won more. He also for me doesnt hate losing enough and is almost too good of a sport.

Comment

• I never knew Ebdon was Robertson bogey player till reading the forum today, twice he has beat him 5-1, get good odds for 6-1 today 56-1.

The shame about this tournament for me is that at this stage we haven't seen that many people on the tv so don't know how well they are playing we only know the scorelines.

Again it will be nice to Ronnie play today, hopefully his foot is a bit better also. If not a nice two bet today is Ebdon and Woollastan and throw in Williams as is the outside in his match and it's a nice 55-1.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
        I never knew Ebdon was Robertson bogey player till reading the forum today, twice he has beat him 5-1, get good odds for 6-1 today 56-1.

The shame about this tournament for me is that at this stage we haven't seen that many people on the tv so don't know how well they are playing we only know the scorelines.

Again it will be nice to Ronnie play today, hopefully his foot is a bit better also. If not a nice two bet today is Ebdon and Woollastan and throw in Williams as is the outside in his match and it's a nice 55-1.
        ROS will have to be playing bad to lose to Ben 'Jabby Action' Woollastan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
          I think Shaun will actually be relieved Jack was poor last night. Jack has the ability especially in short matches to reel off 4-5 quick frames. He cues the ball as well as anyone just needs to gain experience and improve tactically (something that Judd has done) and he will be up there. Shauns game means he probably gives more chances than anyone else in the top 10 you just have to take them which is why he has not won more. He also for me doesnt hate losing enough and is almost too good of a sport.
          Yes. I agree. Jack is a great potter but needs to improve his safety play a lot.

I do feel Shaun has stepped up another level now. He often used to break down around the 50 mark which allowed his opponent in. Now he doesn't do that. How often have we seen him stay focused to completely clear the table. It's very impressive stuff.

If Shaun's long game remains intact then he's more then capable of winning this. On the other hand Judd has shown this week that when he gets it together he can pot any ball from any position. If Judd continues to improve then I can see him becoming number one. He's that good.

Comment

• Originally Posted by inacion View Post
            A top player like Murphy shouldn't concede 4 frames against a player that commits so many mistakes. Maybe it's better to say that Murphy wasn't at his best.
            I thought Murphy played well but I do actually agree here, conceding 4 frames against a player who made many mistakes is not good.

Comment

• I am looking forward to Ronnie/Higgins quarter final. Winner of that takes the title.

Comment

• Murphy has a good record vs Fu in best of 11 frames (never lost I think), plus overall in ranking tournaments.

I expect Mark Allen to get past Rod Lawler today (Lawler has only ever beaten Allen in a PTC event), and then face Trump who Allen does well against (he beat Trump 6-4 in last year's UK Champs last 16).

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                  I am looking forward to Ronnie/Higgins quarter final. Winner of that takes the title.
                  As long as Higgins doesn't play like he did the last time they met it would be a good match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                    I am looking forward to Ronnie/Higgins quarter final. Winner of that takes the title.
                    Higgins was competing with ROS when Higgins was at his best. I think Ronnie is too good for a John Higgins of today.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                      Higgins was competing with ROS when Higgins was at his best. I think Ronnie is too good for a John Higgins of today.
                      Hm I am not so sure about that. In general maybe yes, but on the day and with Higgins playing like he did against Stevens, he has a real good chance of winning, especially in these 'limited frames' matches.
                      Last edited by daffie; 2 December 2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• I think O'Sullivan was 27 when he got his 300th century, Hendry 26 and Trump got his 300th century yesterday and is 25 years of age.

Comment

• Judd plays in a different era, not really comparable. Still, 300 is great achievement.

Comment

• World Snooker has posted the following
                            schedule:

Tuesday's 1pm matches:
                            Joel Walker v Stuart Bingham
                            Robert Milkins v Graeme Dott
                            Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon (table 2)
                            Ben Woollaston v Ronnie O'Sullivan (table 1)

Tuesday's 7pm matches:
                            Ding Junhui v James Cahill (table 1)
                            Rod Lawler v Mark Allen
                            Mark Davis v Joe Perry
                            Mark Williams v Stephen Maguire (table 2)

Wednesday's 1pm matches
                            Ricky Walden v Joel Walker or Stuart Bingham
                            John Higgins v Anthony McGill

Wednesday's 7pm matches
                            Neil Robertson or Peter Ebdon v Robert Milkins or Graeme Dott
                            Ding Junhui or James Cahill v Joe Perry or Mark Davis

Thursday's 1pm matches
                            Judd Trump v Rod Lawler or Mark Allen
                            Shaun Murphy v Marco Fu

Thursday's 7pm matches
                            Matthew Selt v Ben Woollaston or Ronnie O'Sullivan
                            David Morris v Mark Williams or Stephen Maguire

Comment

• Thanks robertmac.

I must admit I'm really torn. Of course I want to see ROS but on the other hand I find watching Ebdon fascinating and It's not often these days that he gets to the televised stage of a tournament. It would be brilliant to see him knock out Robbo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                                World Snooker has posted the following
                                schedule:

Thursday's 1pm matches
                                Judd Trump v Rod Lawler or Mark Allen
                                Shaun Murphy v Marco Fu
                                Yummy prospect if Mark Allen can get over Rod Lawler, which seems very likely. It would be a repeat of the fantastic UK 2011 Final

Comment

Working...
                                X