UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    Dennis Taylor is hosting "Glorious Gardens from Above"...?

http://www.plantworld.org.uk/PW-images/CW5.JPG
    :biggrin-new: Cruel! Funny, but cruel!
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
      Robertson looks rough as a dog and completely miserable. Hope he's ok.
      We're all entitled to those days

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Oh, and can people please use Kryen's other name? I keep seeing it as Kryten and it's very off-putting.

kry.gif
      Last edited by Billy; 30 November 2014, 06:28 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I was playing snooker so missed most of the
        Robertson match but it sounds like he was
        fortunate to win. Shame that Gould lost and
        I was expecting M White to win.
        Next session should be interesting. Murphy
        will hopefully play well.

Comment

• Looks like Lawler has ground out another win today beating Gould 6-5 in a match that probably started last week. Now goes on to play Mark Allen.

Rory Mcleod also beat Zhang Anda 6-5. Well done Rory. I've seldom seen you at the back end of tournaments.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            Looks like Lawler has ground out another win today beating Gould 6-5 in a match that probably started last week. Now goes on to play Mark Allen.

Rory Mcleod also beat Zhang Anda 6-5. Well done Rory. I've seldom seen you at the back end of tournaments.
            All the better imo. Never got to warm to Rory as he doesn't respect women in general...if anyone can explain to me why the man will not shake hands with women please do let me know cause I am at a total loss about it. (yeah I know it's his religion and his prerogative but still seems complete and utterly wrong and ass-backwards to me)

Anyways...rant over with I have to say I'm dissapointed for Kyren having just lost to Neil. Too bad he couldn't keep it together in the final frames. He did really well. Well done to Neil as well for hanging in there...

Comment

• Rory definitely has a problem then. Religion sounds crap
              to me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                All the better imo. Never got to warm to Rory as he doesn't respect women in general...if anyone can explain to me why the man will not shake hands with women please do let me know cause I am at a total loss about it. (yeah I know it's his religion and his prerogative but still seems complete and utterly wrong and ass-backwards to me)
                I've never heard about that before. Sounds a bit odd.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Anyways...rant over with I have to say I'm dissapointed for Kyren having just lost to Neil. Too bad he couldn't keep it together in the final frames. He did really well. Well done to Neil as well for hanging in there...
                Yes. A big shame for Kryen but he's still learning his craft. He's got it in him to be a great player.

Comment

• Thinking about the Rory thing and shaking of hands. I don't think that automatically denotes that he has no respect for women. It just means he follows the tenants of his faith. That's okay by me.

Comment

• Are they not showing any matches tonight on the BBC?

Comment

• No live snooker on the red button. I thought two nights on the trot was too much to hope for.

Eurosport to the rescue, I suppose.

Comment

• I wish the commentators would stop saying he broke his ankle. You can't break your ankle one week and walk around a week later without a cast.

Comment

• got 2 live matches on tivo red button

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post

From what I understand about his religion, I think it could be the opposite, that he does respect women and their family specifically, that in NOT shaking hands (touching them) he respects their family.
                            When I saw his match on the ET4 recently he had a female referee, and I saw their interaction at the start and end of the match, Rory placed his right hand on his chest and said some words directly to the referee and she looked directly at him and nodded very politely and said some words. It seemed very much to have respect on both sides.

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                            Are they not showing any matches tonight on the BBC?
                            not on TV no, but they are on Red Button and online http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/snooker/29611901

ROS match on British Eurosport 2 (411)
                            and I am sure the matches are on sportlemon and hahasport streams
                            Last edited by DeanH; 30 November 2014, 07:17 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• It's not on council TV but it is on Eurosport

Comment

• exactly, as a muslim i can underline what DeanH said.

Comment

Working...
                                X