No announcement yet.

UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that Mark Allen fall asleep while Rod Lawler was playing. When he woke up, ups ... I'm out of the UK Championship.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      so much so you may start using black text colour?

:biggrin:

blue maybe?
      no **** way jose

Comment

• Seems I'm moaning a bit in my old age but the coverage of this event by BBC is very poor - firstly the commentating is getting old and tired - time to re-vamp this?

and second do they think we snooker lovers are all insomniacs? - why the hell is it on so late at night? - I'm so tired staying up watching this stuff late at night - its ridiculous - late for work again - feel cream crackerjackered.

Give the contracts to ITV - they do a much better job now I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          It really was! I just got to work and caught a glimpse of the last frame on repeat on Eurosport. Ticks me off James is playing again this evening as I had only about 4 hours of sleep last night and can't afford another longnighter
          It should be a good match. Cahill vs Davis.

I've just notices the Trump is playing Lawler. Talk about tortoise and the hare.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            It should be a good match. Cahill vs Davis.

I've just notices the Trump is playing Lawler. Talk about tortoise and the hare.
            Yeah Trump will feel great about that hahaha.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Seems I'm moaning a bit in my old age but the coverage of this event by BBC is very poor - firstly the commentating is getting old and tired - time to re-vamp this?

and second do they think we snooker lovers are all insomniacs? - why the hell is it on so late at night? - I'm so tired staying up watching this stuff late at night - its ridiculous - late for work again - feel cream crackerjackered.

Give the contracts to ITV - they do a much better job now I think.
              You can't really blame the BBC for a late finish last night, seen as it was live, and you can watch live matches on the red button in the evening. Where's the cue ball going? is a phrase that could possibly be put to rest though, except for that I think the commentary's fine.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                You can't really blame the BBC for a late finish last night
                If you tried really hard, you could easily blame the BBC. :smile: They are the main reason matches have been shortened to best-of-11, and under the previous format the maximum number of frames in a session was 9. So it usually finished at around midnight CET, whereas 6-5 or 6-4 matches now finish past 1am sometimes. :wink:

Comment

• For me personally I always used to love watching the snooker on BBC and listening to the commentators, but over the past few years it has become a bit of a turn-off for me and I much prefer to watch the snooker on Eurosport nowadays. The only exception is Hendry (and Foulds...who does very rarely commentate on the BBC). The rest of the commentators feel outdated to me and what's worse they annoy me with their lousy jokes and remarks...especially Virgo. To be fair, he has toned it down quite a lot, but still.

Furthermore the BBC is absent too often, where as Eurosport will air both afternoon and evening sessions for both tables and completely. Unless of course it's the weekend when they have to juggle airtime with other live sport events. That would be my only gripe, but I do understand...there is just too much live sports on saturday and sunday. Actually we need 2 more Eurosport channels...possibly dedicated to snooker

No my go-to for snooker is definately Eurosport nowadays.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                    Better not be like the tale for Trumps sake or Lawler wins - check this replay of the Mark Allen match -

Comment

• I've always loved snooker on the BBC, but I agree with the general consensus that thy need to show more live snooker. I don't mind their punditry team either. Hendry is a bit dry but listenable because of his greatness on the table. Willie Thorne is my favourite and I also enjoy listening to Dennis Taylor. Steve Davis is ok. I'm not a big fan of John Virgo's commentary. Bit bland. I never understood why they got rid of Clive Everton. He was the Don of snooker commentators on the BBC.

Comment

• I wonder how young James Cahill will perform later on against mark Davis. After such a huge win his head could be all over the place, but maybe not. He does seem like a level headed, confident young man. Mark Davis could make life difficult and frustrating for him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          For me personally I always used to love watching the snooker on BBC and listening to the commentators, but over the past few years it has become a bit of a turn-off for me and I much prefer to watch the snooker on Eurosport nowadays. The only exception is Hendry (and Foulds...who does very rarely commentate on the BBC). The rest of the commentators feel outdated to me and what's worse they annoy me with their lousy jokes and remarks...especially Virgo. To be fair, he has toned it down quite a lot, but still.

Furthermore the BBC is absent too often, where as Eurosport will air both afternoon and evening sessions for both tables and completely. Unless of course it's the weekend when they have to juggle airtime with other live sport events. That would be my only gripe, but I do understand...there is just too much live sports on saturday and sunday. Actually we need 2 more Eurosport channels...possibly dedicated to snooker

No my go-to for snooker is definately Eurosport nowadays.
                          are you watching on the Dutch Eurosport?
                          Ron Florax (CueTracker owner) told me he is doing some commentary for the Dutch ES - have you heard him? any good? :wink:
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• sorry duplicate
                            Last edited by DeanH; 3 December 2014, 12:35 PM. Reason: oops
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I have to pick Higgins, Walden, Robertson and Davis
                              for todays matches. Would be nice to see Cahill
                              advance tho.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                are you watching on the Dutch Eurosport?
                                Ron Florax (CueTracker owner) told me he is doing some commentary for the Dutch ES - have you heard him? any good? :wink:
                                Yes (Eurosport Mainland Europe is that what it's called?). I have only heard the Dutch commentary maybe once or twice. That was when the English commentary wasn't available (for some weird technical glitch), I think it was during the last World Championship. I don't know who it was, but from what I heard it was clear to me the commentator knows his snooker.
                                Last edited by daffie; 3 December 2014, 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X