• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

where was the interview?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• James Cahill .. u have won me over .. I am a fan!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        where was the interview?
        I'm watching on BBC2, Hazel had a chat to him, his mam was a top snooker player too

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
          James Cahill .. u have won me over .. I am a fan!!!
          so much so you may start using black text colour?

:biggrin:

blue maybe?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• What an incredible match between young James Cahill and Ding. So absorbing. It's great for Snooker to see the likes of Cahill beating a big name in a major tournament.

Comment

• Cahill played extremely well and Ding certainly
              didnt have his 'A' game but almost won it.
              Surprised to see Allen and Williams out.
              Some great snooker today and more to
              come tomorrow.

Comment

• I watched the first 5 frames but then foolishly popped down the pub ... but fortunately I got back in time to watch the end of frame 10 and the whole of the decider ... what a match and well done James Cahill ...

does anyone know what his nickname is? if he hasn't got one may I humbly suggest "Superstar" ... might be a bit pretentious but seems quite apt after that victory and since his initials are JC ...

Comment

• I'd also like to add I think these best of 11 matches are perfect ... if they are close, they're a whole evenings entertainment and the pressure and excitement just builds and builds and builds and builds ...

Comment

• Not much to add really...

Very enjoyable evening of snooker, and this match will surely go down as one of the best this season, especially in the early rounds. Someone who didn't see the match might think Cahill bottled it a bit from 5-1 up, but he didn't really do anything stupid on miss anything easy. He went for a couple of very difficult pots and came very close each time, particularly on those two greens. :smile:

I too was reminded of Ding's match against Wasley when he was struggling here, and you may remember that Ding played a cracking snooker on the pink in that decider, but Wasley got out of it. Tonight Ding's efforts were rewarded, and that clearance from green to black was superb. Too bad about the chance he wasted in the decider though. :wink:

All credit to Cahill for his performance. He made three really key breaks in the match, the clearance to go 5-1 up, the break to leave Ding needing snookers in the penultimate frame, and finally the break to put himself in command of the decider. He had a little bit of luck at the right time as well, when he got away with a couple of misses early on in the 10th frame and kind of stopped Ding's momentum. But he still did well to win the subsequent safety battle. :smile: His expression and general demeanor reminded me a lot of Andrew Higginson in the 2007 Welsh Open. He played with a smile on his face, seemingly without any pressure and as if he had been a top player for years. I am usually fairly unimpressed by various young players who get one big win or come close, then struggle in the qualifiers for the rest of the season, but I have a good feeling about Cahill. :smile:

If Cahill's win is the story of the day, then surely Maguire gave the best performance tonight, hardly missing a ball in his win over Williams, and looking very focused and composed throughout. If he continues to play like that, it could be his tournament. :wink:

Comment

• Two players written off at both ends of the age spectrum in professional snooker by more than a few people as also ran's show that they can turn great players over Rod Lawler a player in his twilight who fell off the tour and worked hard deciding to give it one more go and enter Q school a few years back and James Cahill finding his feet as a junior in the big boys league and not being over awed - a win over John Higgins recently certainly was no fluke and both are having a good run in the UK - refreshing snooker sometimes it really is - I am pleased for both and hope it inspires more players from the North West to give it a better go.

Oh yeah forgot about the other one Mr Murphy.
                      Last edited by Byrom; 3 December 2014, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• There are several players who I see as being
                        difficult to beat: Trump, Robertson, Maguire,
                        Walden and O'Sullivan.
                        This tournament has several players who are
                        playing very well so it should be an exciting
                        few days.

Comment

• Can't remember the last time i enjoyed a snooker match as much as that last night . the 57 break Cahill had was top draw .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Can't remember the last time i enjoyed a snooker match as much as that last night . the 57 break Cahill had was top draw .
                            Yes. It was quite special.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                              Yes. It was quite special.
                              It really was! I just got to work and caught a glimpse of the last frame on repeat on Eurosport. Ticks me off James is playing again this evening as I had only about 4 hours of sleep last night and can't afford another longnighter

Comment

• "Prince Charles" should be his nickname.

Comment

Working...
                                X